What's new

Synthesis' Apollo 8 LED CoCo grow - RQS Critical / Ripper Toxic / Vision Blue Power

Synthesis

Day 18 Flowering

Day 18 Flowering

Today's tent peek:

picture.php

Here the girls are today. Hopefully they've completely stopped stretching now as they start to focus more on flower production.

I had to brace the Critical with more poly string because I still think she will topple over later. She's a lanky lady. The Blue Power doesn't like being too close to the LED but the Critical and Toxic got no issues at all.

The humidity levels are still pretty high due to raining so I've been feeding them with less water (but they got fed twice a day with the following mix)

Nute feed: Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum @ 650 PPM - PH 5.8

I will gradually up the feed again as the flowers come out a bit more.

Synthesis

Day 19 Flowering

Day 19 Flowering

picture.php

Starting to plumpen up a little. The Critical won't stop stretching hahaha I had to do even more poly stringing up top to keep the canopy directly below the LEDs.

Hopefully they won't topple over later.

I also accidently snapped one of the Critical's branches while I was adjusting them. Poor girl - I taped her up at the point of snappage and the branch is still alive and will gradually recover.

Nute feed: 800PPM - Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ PH 5.8

Synthesis

Day 20 Flowering

Day 20 Flowering

Here are the ladies today:

picture.php

The Critical has finally stopped stretching (I hope? LOL) anyways they're fully focused on flower production now and are coming along quite smoothly.

I have noticed that the Critical is feeding/drinking a lot. The Blue power consumes slightly less than the Critical and the Toxic seems to not want too much feed/water and would probably prefer a wet/dry cycle.

Nute: Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ 850PPM - PH 5.8

Oh and if anyone's curious how I get these photos whilst using LED lighting. I have a pair of Method 7 LED glasses that I put over the camera lens. This helps bring about a more natural looking photo.

Synthesis

Day 21 Flowering

Day 21 Flowering

picture.php

The plants look like they needed a bit of calcium. So I added it into my last feed for them.

Since the Critical is showing signs of heat stress but is so tall - I had to raise my lights a bit more as it was causing pistil shrinkage due to the excess heat. Still looking very healthy and loving life :biggrin:

Nute feed: CaliMagic, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax 900PPM @ PH 5.7

Synthesis

Day 22 Flowering

Day 22 Flowering

picture.php

We're now 22 days into the flowering cycle.

This particular phenotype of Critical by Royal Queen Seeds is a very fast growing plant but I was hoping it would have had more indica growth characteristics. You can clearly see how fast she outgrows the Blue Power and Toxic.

If she keeps inching vertically I may have to supercrop and snap her horizontally... I really hope that it does not come to that because I am running out of vertical height! haha :biggrin:

Nute feed: 900PPM : Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ PH 5.8

Synthesis

Day 23 Flowering

Day 23 Flowering

picture.php

The ladies are looking superb and I'm happy with their progress so far. Today, I had to stem pinch the Critical to beef up the upper stems a bit.

The Blue Power is showing signs of heat stress - at this stage the lights have pretty much run out of vertical height space - so she'll just have to adapt. The Toxic seems fine with the heat so I raised her height by putting a brick underneath the airpot saucer.

Nute feed: 950PPM - Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ 5.8

Synthesis

Day 24 Flowering

Day 24 Flowering

picture.php

24 days in. I love experimenting with my grows. Yesterday I bought a negative ion bracelet (I love these things) it came with a card that constantly generates negative ions.

Negative ions help us out by counteracting the stress caused by positive ions (positive ions are constantly surrounding us - through electronical devices; like computers, mobile phones, air conditioning etc.) these positive ions cause us stress. Humans, Animals and Plants all benefit from additional negative ions to counteract all the positive ions we get bombarded with, in the modern day world.

I believe the plants will grow better around negative ions so I put the negative ion generating card in front of my active air intake. It will pull negative ions constantly into my grow tent and should stimulate plant growth.

Nute feed: Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ 900PPM - PH 5.8

Synthesis

Day 25 Flowering

Day 25 Flowering

picture.php

This particular pheno of Critical from RQS does not want to stop stretching. I had to do the only thing that I could in my circumstances.... so she had to be bent sideways!
Here's a quick picture of them before the bend - and then straight afterwards.
It won't take her very long to recover - she's a strong and sturdy plant.

The Blue Power and Toxic look great. I'm very interested in seeing how the Blueberry genetics influence the Blue Power's flowers. :dance013:

I try to feed these ladies twice a day. The first feed I usually give to them @ PH 5.8 (around when the lights first go on) and then the next feed that's closer to the end of the day is @ PH 5.9

Nute feed: 850PPM of Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbomax @ PH 5.8 / 5.9

Synthesis

Day 26 Flowering

Day 26 Flowering

picture.php

The Critical's on the road to recovery. Bending her will change the bud structure a little bit (I think the heat stress would have been worse without it though) a small compromise. I gave her some bandages at all the bent sections (just used some tape) this will help support the branch as she recovers.

The Blue Power is beefing up rapidly.

The Toxic is putting out lots of early trichomes. Which is a great sign.

Can't wait to see how they develop over these coming weeks! :dance013:

Nute feed: 850PPM Budlink Silica, Cyco Platinum, Carbomax @ PH 5.8 / 5.9

Synthesis

Day 27 Flowering

Day 27 Flowering

picture.php

Very nice! The Critical seems to have fully recovered from all the bending. The canopy looks much more uniform and they will fill the space out better.
I had to do some more leaf tucking - cleaning up the middle area for better air circulation.

Relative humidity levels are above 70% due to raining. Slowing down uptake a little.
I have modified the feed ratio using less A and more B (1:2 ratio) of Cyco Platinum. Which essentially reduces how much Nitrogen they will be receiving.

Nute feed: 850PPM - Budlink, Cyco Platinum, Carbomax @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 28 Flowering

Day 28 Flowering

picture.php

We've had a fair amount of rain today and yesterday. Gloomy but very cool weather :biggrin:
With the increased humidity, the girls are drinking less - so I only needed to feed them a little today.

The tent is starting to smell a bit which is great. Only a few weeks left to go!

Nute feed: 900PPM - Cyco Platinum, CarboMax @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 29 Flowering

Day 29 Flowering

picture.php

Slowly transitioning into proper buds. They seem to be really slowing down on the feed/uptake.
Nice crystal production on the Toxic, the other 2 are slowly developing more gradually but the Toxic showed resin glands at a very early age during flower.

The Blue Power reminds me of a White Widow I grew once from Female Seeds. Super thick and sturdy stems!

I'll try to feed them once a day for a few days to see how they go.

Nutes: 800PPM Cyco Platinum @ PH 5.8

Synthesis

Day 30 Flowering

Day 30 Flowering

picture.php

The Critical and Blue Power are quite thirsty at the moment which is a good sign. The Toxic doesn't need too much however and is happy on minimal watering/feed.

All plants have been easy to care for and showed vigorous growth.

The Critical has recovered from all of my stem snapping and still wants to stretch lol I'm not a big fan of this particular pheno but we'll see how she flowers out in due time.

Nute feed: 800PPM Budlink, Cyco Platinum, Carbomax @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 31 Flowering

Day 31 Flowering

picture.php

Just a quick morning update. The girls won't be fed until this evening. You can see them packing on the weight day by day.

I really can't wait to pull the Critical out of the tent. I'll probably leave the Blue Power and Toxic in for a little longer than the Critical.

We'll just have to wait a bit longer and see how she develops.

Synthesis

Day 32 Flowering

Day 32 Flowering

picture.php

Hi Limolax :) thanks for popping in! Yes I can't wait to see the final product too. I'm growing using Coco and hand feeding/watering (which is a personal preference for me as I like to constantly adjust the nute feed ratio and it lets me look at the plants more haha)

Here they are all nice and perky on day 32. It looks like the Critical is transitioning into the peak flowering phase as she is super thirsty at the moment and her rapid growth is quite visible day to day.
I had to do some minor LST training to get some more light in between the Blue Power and Toxic (this was done after the photo was taken).

Also, the smells in the tent are developing quite fast and it smells very earthy/skunky at the moment. The best bits are yet to come :biggrin:

Nute feed: 850PPM Cyco Platinum, CarboMax @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 33 Flowering

Day 33 Flowering

picture.php

Uptake has been a bit slow today due to more wet rainy weather. No matter - the plants are still loving life :dance013: I just give them slightly less water/feed and they seem happy enough.

I had to do a bit of stem pinching and bending on the Blue Power to let a little more light down below for BP and Toxic. The BP and Toxic are about half way through. The Critical probably has about 3 weeks left to go... we'll have to see how fast she wants to develop!

Nute feed: 800PPM Cyco Platinum, Carbomax @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 34 Flowering

Day 34 Flowering

picture.php

I woke up this morning and the tops of the Critical were showing signs of some minor light bleaching. Since I have officially run out of vertical height space - I had no choice but to bend her in a few places again.
She was looking great until I did this to her :biggrin: probably not the smartest thing to do during peak flowering but it had to be done.
Because of the bending - light was able to better penetrate the canopy until they recover.

The plants were then further braced using poly string and fed twice today.

Nute feed: 800PPM - Budlink, Cyco Platinum, Maxi Crop, Carbo Max @ PH 5.9

Synthesis

Day 35 Flowering

Day 35 Flowering

picture.php

My tent is really starting to develop some funky odours. The carbon filter is having trouble keeping up haha

The Critical is still recovering from the bends that I gave her. I added some band-aids with sticky tape to support the bent stems while she recovers.

Blue Power is slowly packing on the weight. I'm actually looking forward to her the most!

The Toxic doesn't drink/eat too much and is slow to develop. However she is easily the most crystalliest (is that even a word? LOL) of the tent.

:dance013:

Nute feed: 850PPM Budlink, Cyco Platinum, Folvate, Carbo Max @ PH 5.9 (back on two smaller feeds a day)

Last edited:

Synthesis

Day 36 Flowering

Day 36 Flowering

picture.php

The Critical is putting on mass and will snap later if not properly supported. So she needed some more poly string bracing today.
The Blue Power needed a bit more training and I tried to pull her more to the left hand side.
Toxic is looking super resinous and brushing up against her flowers produces an amazing scent.

Overall - the ladies are looking great for 36 days into the flowering cycle! ^.^

Nute feed x2: 900PPM Cyco Platinum, Carbo Max @ PH5.9