What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switching to indoor...

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
One immutable fact that I've learned from growing inside is to make sure you have the very best soil you can find. I have 4 plants going now, three with the soil the growshop was pushing and one with the Fox Farm Happy Frog. Want to guess which one is doing the best?
My instincts told me to stick with what i know but i took a gamble and it didn't pan out as well as i hoped. I'll post some pictures soon.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
The red is from the cold temps i think, the learning curve on indoor growing is astounding. I'll do better on the next run.

Attachments

• 20220518_204730.jpg
    20220518_204730.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20220518_204741.jpg
    20220518_204741.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20220518_204829.jpg
    20220518_204829.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 20220518_204842.jpg
    20220518_204842.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 48

ost

Hey KBG, welcome to the indoors!!

This will be a "my two bits" kind of response:

Depending on the space you have to work with, there are probably better options in terms of tent space, the amount of useable light, and the price. There is a reputable LED company (mentioned in the post above) that has a light/tent package costing $437.

The light in the package you listed is a 2'x2' light--that's pretty poor coverage for a four-foot-wide tent. The package mentioned above has a 2' x 4' light that offers far better coverage and much better light production. The tent in the package you have is 5' tall. In the other package, the tent is much taller, 6' 6", giving much more vertical growth a possibility. Obviously, if your current grow space is shorter then you'd need a compliant tent height but that same company does have shorter tents that are also less expensive. If you have a normal room height, I'd recommend against getting a tent that is only 5 feet tall.

The package you mentioned does have other items, like a fan, eyeglasses, trimming scissors, etc,. Environmental control is critical indoors, of course, so you will need a fan and probably a filter, thermometer, and those other items, but I'd look around a bit and prioritize the factors that will have a big impact on how much and how well you can grow indoors: the tent and the light.

I have mostly grown indoors but I have not used the Vivosun products nor have I used the products mentioned in the prior post. I'm not shilling for or against any company, just suggesting that, depending on the space you have, you may be able to get much more tent and light for a lot less money.
two smaller tents say 4x4 are, easyer to care for than say , a 5ft. x 9 ft x 71/2 tall, mine are on plastic pallets with 2in. foam board, between the tent and the pallets, helps take care of cold floor temps.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Using tap water will leave behind impurities with every watering. It's common for veg. plants to look good and early flowering plants to look good, but over time the impurities accumulate and by the end of flowering you get leaf burn or leaf bronzing. Switching to RO or rainwater will help with that. Hey, you did good with what you have, and thank you for sharing your hard work with us. 😎

AllStuff420

Bring your plants inside at night and put them back outside during the day, gradually increasing the length of time the plant spends indoors. After two weeks, your plant should be ready to spend its time indoors full-time.

Latest posts

Latest posts