What's new

Sweet Skunk FAST version (Sweet Seeds)

Vesnican

Now the most important thing learned. Breeder advertised outdoor harvest: late Aug – early Sep. This could be maybe possible in southern Spain (Sweet seeds are Spanish) but for sure NOT above 50° north latitude. The G pheno was really well done while harvested, P one would need up to 5 more days to be 100% perfect. But I had to cut it anyway, due to bad weather forecast and EXTREMELY intensive sweet smell, which was flooding my whole neighborhood :-D They can honestly call it Sweet skunk..

Vesnican

When I was selecting which FAST version to try, I chose the earliest maturing from the breeder′s offer on purpose, to see how fast it is able to mature in local climate. I was expecting 2 weeks more than advertised. Actually it was 4 weeks. But it is IMPORTANT to say, that maturing on break of Sep/Oct is still very OK for my region and I am NOT disappointed.

Vesnican

Yield I can evaluate slightly more than medium. Frisian Dew (Dutch passion) which I grew for few seasons before was more productive, but yielding of this strain is same as Durban poison or Aced Erdpurt (seedbook.cz) according to my experience.

Last edited:

Vesnican

Mold resistance very good, but this season was really dry in our region. To compare again with the Frisian Dew, which was way less resistant to mold and it was matured about 10 Oct in 2013 and 2014 in my garden.

Vesnican

OVERALL: This strain can be recommended to a beginner, easy to grow, strong and vital plant. As well ok for growers located north from the Alps, you can harvest it before the tricky October comes ;)

Vesnican

Next season I am going try another FAST version for sure (just considering Killer Kush by SS), so stay tuned dear colleagues ;-)

Vesnican

great report V.
Glad to hear the Sweet Skunk is sweet and strong smelling. looks like good smoke.

Thanks a lot P. That smell totally confused me! I was still waiting for the „skunky“ smelling but it was just sweeter and sweeter :-D

I am excited to try the smoke and will let everyone know for sure to complete this strain evaluation..

gorilla ganja

Well done Vesnican. I too am on the hunt for strains that can finish at 50 + latitude. This year I had 6 strains fail. Looking forward to a smoke report. Also can you list all the strains and finish times that you have grown that finish properly at 50 +. Thank you in advance, and again great job with this season.
Peace GG

Vesnican

Well done Vesnican. I too am on the hunt for strains that can finish at 50 + latitude. This year I had 6 strains fail. Looking forward to a smoke report. Also can you list all the strains and finish times that you have grown that finish properly at 50 +. Thank you in advance, and again great job with this season.
Peace GG

GG thank you so much!
Regarding your question, I am afraid that you will be disappointed with my experience, because I grow outdoor for several years and I usually try 1-2 strains each year.

My Outdoor maturing experience on 50 north lat.:

Frisian Dew (Dutch Passion) – about 1O October, I ran this strain for 3 seasons, but only in the first year (dry sunny September) I was really 100% successful in terms of maturing (but then it was big man!). This is very strong and vital plant producing huge fat buds, but that was the disadvantage at the end. Those got often rotten inside, if there was just medium humid September in our region. Important to say, that I am very conservative and I don’t spray anything on buds at all. So one can say, that this inner-bud mold could be prevented by proper spraying. That year I was successful, it was pure purple phenol, other 2 years it was almost green pheno.

Durban Poison (Dutch Passion) –at the end of September well done, way less mold compared to FD which was grown just next to it.

Aced Erduprt (Seedbook) – 3/4 of September (purple pheno) excellent early sativa by local breeder, cross of Danish early sativas and ACE tropical sativa, beautiful aroma, pleasant hippie high ;) These seeds are actually not sold unfortunately, but I hope that they gonna sell this seeds again in future. I would be pleased to let you know when those are available again. http://seedbook.cz/aced-erdpurt-p13

Early Skunk (SensiSeeds) – mid to 2/3 of October
Super Skunk (SensiSeeds) clone - mid to 2/3 of October
AK47 (Serious Seeds) clone - mid of October

Vesnican

Now I hope that better times are coming and breeders will react on growing demand for wider range of various fast versions and early flowering strains. On upcoming Cannafest I am going to drop a word on this topic at every single seedbank/breeder´s tent hahaha :-D :-D

Vesnican

Smoke report

Smoke report

SS G pheno smoke review is finally here my friends:

Odor: 6/10 – more sweet then skunky

Taste: 6/10 – sweet and honey tones but pungent at the same time, definitely not mild

Buzz: 7/10 – surprising high turning to stone with more&more vape hits :rasta:

Vesnican

Many thanks to everyone for checking this thread and please stay tuned brothers and sisters.

I have purchased another Fast version seeds for next outdoor season and I am definitely going to share my experience with IC community :canabis: