What's new

swat raids mayors house and kills his dogs, because someone sent him a package.

My god, It keeps getting worse and worse.

This here would scare me to get the HELL out of the states if I wasn't in Canada *And if this were to ever get anywhere near this bad I'm out!

First article on 7th page -
"This is an elected official making these requests, in a case where he was terrorized and nearly killed by agents of the government, in a botched raid where he was clearly innocent, and that made national news. And they're still giving him the runaround. Four-and-a-half months later, they're still playing games. Imagine what happens when normal people try to get documents related to run-ins with the police."

YOUCH!!!

Ftrom article #2 on page 7

"In Hudson, the court found that even when police make a clearly illegal no-knock raid, the evidence they seize can still be used against a defendant at trial.

"In other words, police can do what they did to us with impunity" Cheye concluded. "There are no consequences, not for them." "

Wow, SEriously, when did it get to this level? When did accountability just fly the HELL out of the window?

Bah

Che

Veteran
I'm very sorry to read about the damages to the Mayor and his family.
However, I do welcome them to the good side of this fight. If this is what it took to get Cheye Calvo, and his community to open their eyes to these disturbing practices... well at least they are aware now.

The drug war is failing, and those that would support it are creating a police state in an effort to control the populous, eroding civil liberties in the process. If we are supposedly fighting terrorism, why is this legislation being used against private, non violent citizens? It's obvious; it's not about protecting the nation, it's about protecting their interests and massive profits.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
yes, well put che

mayor seems like a good guy, and he is working for the people, I like the fact that he wants to protect others too

but you know how it is

in this concrete jungle

vinevamp

I have read that Blackwater has been signed with the DEA for this sorta thing....you know...Blackwater....the paramilitary group banned from Iraq for being too violent and out of control. I feel safer already :)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Everyday i hate police more and more. What a bored ass SWAT team, its obvious they were itching for an adrenaline rush and an excuse to shoot their weapons.

SHeriffs office is pathetic, a bunch of wannabe cops who cant catch real criminals.

Storm Crow

Veteran
A new article- long and very detailed!

A new article- long and very detailed!

You want a minute by minute view of the raid? Read this!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...09012302935_2.html?sid=ST2009013002471&s_pos=

VERY :fsu: :mad:

I hope all your local ASPCA and Humane Society chapters get a copy of this! The laws are written so the cops will get away with this! :nanana:

Cops used to say "If you don't like the law, change it!"

I believe accountability should be a part of ALL job descriptions! Any other job, you screw up too much, you get fired! Cops who use excessive force, who falsify reports, conduct raids without a valid search warrant, or otherwise betray their oath of honor, should be held as accountable as a doctor who becomes a pusher, an accountant who "cooks the books", or a politician who takes bribes.

The police should be officers of the peace, not jack-booted storm troopers. They need to be held to a higher standard than the average citizen because of their position of trust and authority. These officers are being held to a LOWER standard than the average citizen! What would happen to gang members that did exactly the same actions to reclaim their drugs?

Granny

Stories like this make me very sad. Unfortuantely, it's a true testament to the police state we are inevitably becoming.

All it takes to ruin some honest hardworking peoples lives is simply boxing up some herb and sending it fedex.

This place use to be called 'America'.

Stories like this one send a clear message America is not the place it use to be.

"The simpler life" and towns like Mayberry are near extinct, and law enforcement like Andy are but a by-gone era. Innocence is all but lost in this country. When 'lawmen' are more corrupt than the criminals the're put on the job to protect us from, the face of 'America' has taken an unreversible change. Stories like this one are more and more commonplace daily. It's like it's becoming 'accepted behavior'. We've become a country ruled by force and fear.

Tragic story... my heart goes out to these people.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Seriously, it just feels so hopeless. We are at the mercy of these paramilitary police organizations. I live in california, where the VOTERS approved MMJ, yet the oppressive DEA still knocks down doors and steals everything.

Growing up, i have met many good police officers, mostly street patrolmen. But i have no respect for these over aggressive Swat teams and especially the DEA. They are all pathetic scum, short of taking up arms and killing every last one of them, there is nothing we can do, except pray we will never be held at gunpoint by SWAT officers.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I was reading the article Granny posted and I was reminded of an old saying. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

The dialog was very good and I spent ten or so minutes reading it, but once I saw the image of the couple in tears I started to feel really sad. When I reached an image with only the two dogs in it, my emotions came over me and I was forced to close the tab.

The general public needs to see the pictures of the couple and their lost dogs. Nobody wants to see stories like these because they are downers and they stories go on with limited exposure. Show them pictures, video footage, and let them hear the couples voices.

G

:rant: I completly agree with AprilFOOL looks like nazi germany all over again.we the people need to take our country back. :dueling:

I don't like that comparison... Nazi Germany was a crazy place. They literally killed 6 million people, some of my relatives included. Do you see the USA killing innocent people because we think we're superior? Absolutely not.

Are we moving ever closer to a country in which we have limited or even severely limited freedoms? Certainly.

What do we do about it? Make our voices heard, if it gets too bad, revolution is in the air?

A. Fool

Last edited:
M

MMJ MINISTRY

The tree of liberty

The tree of liberty

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Latest posts

Latest posts