What's new

Superthrive

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey frank

is that health and safety or improper labelling/registry.

just curious?

med-man

hey frank

just curious?

med-man

Superthrive was never allowed to be sold in Canada. Even 10 years ago it was always behind the counter and most wholesalers had someone sneak it in for them.

Stuff is bogus snake-oil anyway. I've never used it in the past, never will in the future.

1/2 of the shit in my store is snake oil but people will believe claims from manufacturers even though most of the manufacturers when they started copied other manufactures (mostly Canna and GH) and had no horticulturalists/chemists on staff or even have one now lol.

Just like bloom boosters. MKP diluted in water and sold a 1000% mark up (but the manufacturer) when a bag of it costs $50 for 50-LB.

Most hydro stores are a finely tuned machine deigned to separate suckers from their money.

Not really stores these day at least in the Lower Mainland are probably hovering on the 25-30% profit margin. The money makers are the manufacturers.

For example cost of Bud Factor X 4L is aprox $161 stright from Advanced. Seriously wtf is in 4L of water that would cost that much. I would sell it for $217+ tax So yah I won the lottery there.

growshopfrank

Veteran
hey frank

just curious?

med-man

Not sure. The notice I got from one of my suppliers just says to pull the item as a notice of detention was issued and that they will keep me informed of progress as they are trying to get it resolved.

I think that my statement may have been misinterpreted. What I meant is that a lot of the products sold are "snake-oil" and are marketed towards "suckers". I know a couple people in the industry and I have nothing but the best to say about them or their work ethics and dedication.

Buddha1

Veteran
Little heads up to Superthrive users, stock up, just got a notice to pull off the shelves.

I would imagine this is a Canadian notice, since it was pulled 20 years ago in Canada...because it didn't list its ingredients on the label.

I still think it is band in Canada, but is available, just as other products are if you know the grow shop on a more personal level. The reason the ingredients are not listed is that they are secret ingredients, just like the special herbs and spices in KFC...lol. Every grower knows its just a vitamin "B" solution that helps the plant when stressed, used purely as a preventative measure. Any company's vitamin B solution will work as well and is much cheaper.

If it dose go away, there are many vitamin "B" products that can replace it...Even home made.

Peace...B

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Not a huge fan of superthrive, the hormones in there can do funky things.

Just like a bad mix of hormones might make a pre-op tranny stab you with a bottle, superthrive can make a plant go all wonky.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Not really stores these day at least in the Lower Mainland are probably hovering on the 25-30% profit margin. The money makers are the manufacturers.

For example cost of Bud Factor X 4L is aprox $161 stright from Advanced. Seriously wtf is in 4L of water that would cost that much. I would sell it for $217+ tax So yah I won the lottery there.

The bottle and label for the bud factor x costs more than the ingredients inside. 1000% profit margins...

Hydro stores across north america average lower profit margins than most other retail sectors.

Latest posts

Latest posts