What's new

SuperThrive VS Thrive Alive B-1 or B-2 in Hydro

high road

too high... one drop of phosphoric acid shouldn't even affect the pH of a reservoir bigger than a gallon.

YOu must be growing in your shoebox.

Greenmopho

too high... one drop of phosphoric acid shouldn't even affect the pH of a reservoir bigger than a gallon.

YOu must be growing in your shoebox.

LOL
I need about 10-20 drops for a single 5 gallon bucket (usually only with 3 gallons of water in there) just to change the pH my 0.1.

bullisok

:ying: I have used AN B52 / Super Thrive and Thrive Alive. An B52 says use weeks 3-6 of Flowering... Kelp is often used to keep plants shorter. At the beginning of flower we want elongation between nodes so we get larger colas and buds. So many growers drop sea kelp based products at the beginning of flower in hopes of not causing thier plant to stay to short. I know Thrive alive uses Kelp too. So later in flowering is OK...

I now only use Super Thrive because I Foliar spray with a Kelp / Humic / Fulvic blend.

ttaylor

. At the beginning of flower we want elongation between nodes so we get larger colas and buds. So many growers drop sea kelp based products at the beginning of flower

so why don't you use Ga3 at flower set?

CoCoSativas

I know this thread is old but I just started using thrive alive for my coco plabts. Day 21 of flower. They all perked up and though already looked great look really happy. Ill likely use it from start to flush. I like the added kelp.

I dont understand why folks are confused about thrive alive the ingredients are on the bottle.

Ive known several people to use it. Everyone said they really like it. Technaflora is a quality company ad sell some good stuff.

Both superthrive and thrive alive are prucey but go a long way.

For me rather than pour in boosters and god knows what ive decided to use my canna coco ab set, protekt for silica, the thrive alive for vitamins and cannazyme. I plan on keeping it simple and as natural as possible.

Granger2

Veteran
Between the last post in 2012 and your post, CoCoSativas, they've changed the formula on ST. I don't think it has NAA anymore. I used it for years, and quit because I realized it wasn't organic. Didn't see much or any difference without it. The new formula still isn't organic, it might be better, or no diff. Don't know. -granger

Budley Doright

Veteran
Breaking the Vitamin B-1 Myth
Does Vitamin B-1, used and touted by customers and retailers for over 50 years as an aid to help plants overcome transplant shock, really work? Or are its "results" a myth? Research performed in recent years by U.C. Davis, Sunset Magazine and others, reveals that Vitamin B-1's restorative powers have indeed been exaggerated.
Sunset's study, published in their magazine, tested the truth of B-1's claim to aid root regeneration and to bring better top growth. Using fast-growing annual marigolds, the magazine tried six different treatments. Four had vitamin B-1 in them. One had Vitamin B-1 alone, one had B-1 with phosphorous, and the other two had B-1 with 3-10-3 and 10-10-15 fertilizer respectively. The fifth treatment was simply a 10-10-15 fertilizer and the sixth was plain water.

After two weeks, new leaves and growth had occurred in all marigolds except for those given Vitamin B-1 alone; they had no growth. The marigolds that were given fertilizer alone were flowering after four weeks. The others took two more weeks to bloom. After six weeks, those same fertilized plants were bushier, greener and had more flowers. The real clincher was that the plants that were given pure water did better than those given B-1treatments! Sunset's obvious conclusion was that Vitamin B-1 appears less effective than plain water in regenerating a plant's root system after transplanting.

Almaden Valley Nursery takes pride in the fact that our own in-house tests revealed the same results two years prior to Sunset's tests, and we discontinued selling Vitamin B-1 more than eight years ago. What the study means for you is that fertilizers alone can make a big difference in getting a plant established. And we all want to do our best to start our "babies" off right!

Recognizing this, we recommend two outstanding fertilizers; Green Light Liquid Root Stimulator with a genuine IBA (Indole-3 butyric acid) rooting hormone with a starter fertilizer solution, and Dr. Earth Organic #2 Starter Fertilizer with beneficial microbes. Each of these products is formulated exclusively for transplants. Both are effective used at the time of planting, and both will produce stronger, more profusely flowering plants.

Now that the Vitamin B-1 myth has been exposed, you can confidently start your plants off right, with the help of Root Stimulator, Dr. Earth and the garden experts at Almaden Valley Nursery.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Between the last post in 2012 and your post, CoCoSativas, they've changed the formula on ST. I don't think it has NAA anymore. I used it for years, and quit because I realized it wasn't organic. Didn't see much or any difference without it. The new formula still isn't organic, it might be better, or no diff. Don't know. -granger

Granger....I would be interested in finding if ST has had a change...

This product is older than dirt and the packaging reflects that....

My understanding was that this product was grandfathered in.....

A change in formula should mean they now have to comply with current labeling standards....

IMO ST without NAA leaves very little..... the NAA imo is why it works at all....

dazzerx2000

How are you guys using superthrive in a reservoir without getting an explosion of bacteria thick slime or even good bennies forming thick bits that will clog pumps and drippers???

Ive got a problem now where i exposed some plants to a spray of Brassinolide which unleashed a stretch frenzy on my ladys now not only did they stretch but for some reason all future growth is elongated and stretched like they are getting the spray re-applied? nightmare i think im going to have to start again with that batch.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
b1 is bs..don't do shit in my garden..absolutely no difference.. superthrive is superjive and also not used....yeehaw...more stuff I don't need and don't work

Granger2

Veteran
Let me be honest. The BIGgest reason I stopped using ST years ago was because it STINKS like a mofo, and the stink can't be washed off your fingers. It has to wear off, takes about 24 hours. If you get it on wood it keeps stinking. I hate that. Even if it were organic, no amount of plant benefit could make me use again. Just me. -granger

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
some things stink and we keep going back...I stop using things cause they don't work,or are overpriced....yeehaw...smell my finger bro lol

DemonTrich

Veteran
been using the entire technaflora line for 4+ yrs and LOVE it.

tip: swap out the sugar daddy for sweet raw from botanicare or however its spelled. its 1/2 the price, and the same exact ingredients. PLUS, you only use 10ml of S/R per gallon vs 15ml of the SD to get the same nute%.

CoCoSativas

How are you guys using superthrive in a reservoir without getting an explosion of bacteria thick slime or even good bennies forming thick bits that will clog pumps and drippers???

Ive got a problem now where i exposed some plants to a spray of Brassinolide which unleashed a stretch frenzy on my ladys now not only did they stretch but for some reason all future growth is elongated and stretched like they are getting the spray re-applied? nightmare i think im going to have to start again with that batch.

I mix my food in one of those bottles you put on a water dispenser. Its a 3 gal and I use half one day, half the next. 9 plants in 1 gal pots of coco. I dont have it sit to find out and I dont have pumps so no problem.

CoCoSativas

Oh yeah I dont use superthrive. Used to though in my organic dirt.
Using technaflora thive alive. Its good shit, man my plants responded the day I started using it. Within one hour all the leaves were angled up catching light looking supremley happy. They have looked happe like this ever since.

My plants are way stinkier way earlier this crop. Trichromes came early too. Im thanking canna coco ab set, protekt and the thrive alive.

Thrive alive containes all sorts of good stuff fermented in kelp. Im really enjoying it. Its a little dark and murkey but thats fine. My solution is a little yellow brown tinted from the thrive alive and the canna part a. Thats ok though, the gh solution from thebgh flora was purplish and kinda weird. Ill take the earthy loke over the artificial chemical dye look...

dazzerx2000

I mix my food in one of those bottles you put on a water dispenser. Its a 3 gal and I use half one day, half the next. 9 plants in 1 gal pots of coco. I dont have it sit to find out and I dont have pumps so no problem.

Hi CoCoSativas thank you for taking the time to acknowledge and ansear my question i appreciate that, i forget that allot of people when they use the term reservoir they mostly mean just a mixing barrel that they use to feed plants with immediately and deplete that same watering cycle. My reservoir often is a active one on a recirculating system that often lasts several days a time and i can tell you superthrive in a res that long is abit of a no no in my experience. When i was hand feeding plants in coco drain to waste it was one of the best additives i have ever used. The plants exposed to it were monsters and ridiculously healthy as apposed to plants left to produce hormones on there own.

Right now im going to settle for using Superthrive when my reservoir is around 3/4 empty or 1/3 full that way whats left will be used within that flood cycle, my res is 300ltrs btw.

CoCoSativas

Hi CoCoSativas thank you for taking the time to acknowledge and ansear my question i appreciate that, i forget that allot of people when they use the term reservoir they mostly mean just a mixing barrel that they use to feed plants with immediately and deplete that same watering cycle. My reservoir often is a active one on a recirculating system that often lasts several days a time and i can tell you superthrive in a res that long is abit of a no no in my experience. When i was hand feeding plants in coco drain to waste it was one of the best additives i have ever used. The plants exposed to it were monsters and ridiculously healthy as apposed to plants left to produce hormones on there own.

Right now im going to settle for using Superthrive when my reservoir is around 3/4 empty or 1/3 full that way whats left will be used within that flood cycle, my res is 300ltrs btw.

My "res" is a 12 litre bottle I shake cause my tent is only a square metre.
Yeah Im using technaflora thrive alive. From the day ive introduced it to my plants they have been doing even better.

Im also using canna coco ab set, protekt for silica, and also started using technafloras rooting gel which seems to be really great so far

SpaceJunkOG

Anybody used Vitamino from Botanicare? Same type of product, B vitamins, aminos, enzymes, ... it's the only one i've ever tried, not even really sure if it does anything to be honest, i switch out nutes and strains too often lately to do a proper A/B...

CoCoSativas

Anybody used Vitamino from Botanicare? Same type of product, B vitamins, aminos, enzymes, ... it's the only one i've ever tried, not even really sure if it does anything to be honest, i switch out nutes and strains too often lately to do a proper A/B...

You may not visibly see a difference adding aminos, vitamins and enzymes but the plants thank you.

Id use vitamino and have considered it. Im still tossing it around in my mind.

Dude rhizo, thrive alive, super thrive and vitamino are all different but similar, they add those extra things that do actually help build roots, and honestly I notuced a huge smell increas when adding fermented stuff like rhizo or thrive alive along with enzymes.

If you I would use one of the things I mentioned... I use thrive alive now but may start the whole canna line, might even do a side by side vs my addative mimic program and compare, a square meter of just canna ab set food, one with the whole canna line and one using my current shit, canna ab set, and my alternative, easier to source similar bottles.
I have a feeling my mimic is pretty clise to cannas, im using quality stuff thats close in composition as far as kelp and vitamina, I think my mimics pretty solud and would stand up. I do plan to find out now that I thought of it

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i use B-52 this year and like it alot better the superthrive,but i think im gonna be sticking with using golden tree. i like GT and its so damn simple. plants respond very quick with praying leaves. veg+bloom dirty nutrient and golden tree and its a wrap! be prepaired to witness greatness with this combo

Latest posts

Latest posts