SuperSliverHaze from MNS and Shantibaba Day 52 of 10/14 flowering

These are day 55

SuperSliverHaze from MNS and Shantibaba Day 55 of 10/14 flowering

SuperSliverHaze from MNS and Shantibaba Day 55 of 10/14 flowering

G

nice pics...looks dank.

Am i missing something though? Is this an extreme sativa or what is the deal with the 10/14 lighting??

looks fire

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hej sweet ... ,looks to be a NL/Haze pheno ... , any ammonia or rotten/fruit/spicy tones apparent ???

let her get ripe , really ripe and you will be suprised by its potency ...

Fj

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
bookmarked! looking very promising! shes so nice and fragile that lady!
364940107_SSH_a.jpg

G

lookin good pedro! You seem to have kept her nice and healthy all the way through. I'm guessin this is from seed? and if so, have you taken any cuts yet?
you using 10/14 to hedge against a reveg? saving on power? just testin it out for the hell of it? or what? im curious :joint:

youngbuck1986

thats sum of the sexiest super silver ive seen in a long time. when i picture super silver in my head thats exactly what it looks like solid job! irish soco im not totally a 100% sure on this but u can mix up ur flower times a bit and get diff results. u dont necessarily need a 12/12 flower cylce u could start with a veg cycle of 14/10 then swcth it around when u flower. i read in dj shorts book that he has experimented quite a bit with diff flowering time ratios. I cant think of what he was exactly trying to get across but when i get home ill check it out and post it back up here later on if u would really like me too!

Last edited:
G

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm pretty much a newbie at this. This SSH though is a really nice plant. And not really hard to grow. She is still a very healthy dark green and only recently shows a bit of leaf tip burn.

I have a Hydrohut mini, so I had limited height. I vegged her for about 5 weeks, topping her twice and supercropping her after that. She is about 40" but would like to be much taller. I've had to tie her over more. I' may be new at this(3rd grow since Feb 07), but this is a powerhouse of a plant.

WOW The genetics on the SSH is absolutely something else, great job

Yes the genetics are super. And I strongly believe that Mr Nice and Shanti are responsible.

dankxBUBBAxhead nice pics...looks dank.

Am i missing something though? Is this an extreme sativa or what is the deal with the 10/14 lighting??
looks fine

I've been told by ppl who have a lot of experience with SSH that this is likely a more hazy pheno, so yes it is very sativa. 10/14 was recommended to ensure better flowering. Some sativa dominant strains just don't flower well 12/12. In the tropics there isn't but about an hour 1.5 hours of difference in day/night length from winter to summer. So some sativas will have a tendancy to keep vegging under 12/12. 10/14 pretty much forces them. Yes, maybe a bit less yield but overall a better strategy IMO

fjällhöga hej sweet ... ,looks to be a NL/Haze pheno ... , any ammonia or rotten/fruit/spicy tones apparent ???

let her get ripe , really ripe and you will be suprised by its potency ...

Fj

Fj!

I consider it a real compliment to get a good word from grower like you. I've seen your plants. You have some really great plants and grows! Thanks!!!

And your another who sees the haze side in this one. She hasn't had much of an odor until the last few weeks. She has just a hint of a piney/mildy spicey mix sorta smell right now. No Ammonia smell or anything unpleasant. I have a Seedsman Skunk Haze growing beside her. She has a distinctly mild skunk smell. I grew up with skunks LOL!!

SSH is beginning to load up trichomes too I think. Very "pistilly" sativish buds, and skinny leaves. I wish folks could see how really GREEN this plant has been. A beautiful dark green. Trichomes growing on the stems of fans too in places!

You think she will go 11-12 weeks? Most of the phenos are supposed to be done in about 11 weeks? I'm no slave to the calendar though. I waited 87 days for my ThaiTanics. I can wait on this one :)

When would you cut off feeding P and K?
:joint:

esbe!

Another guy on here for whom I have much respect. This is really nice getting compliments from all you folks!

kazuya20

looks great dude
this is organic grow ????

respect k++++

No, I have used mostly FF TigerBloom and BeastieBloom in combos and alone. I don't have the skills yet IMO to do a good organic grow, but I will!!

irishSoCo

lookin good pedro! You seem to have kept her nice and healthy all the way through. I'm guessin this is from seed? and if so, have you taken any cuts yet?
you using 10/14 to hedge against a reveg? saving on power? just testin it out for the hell of it? or what? im curious

regarding 10/14..check me out above here. And yes she is from seed. And No I don't have any cuts. My cloning ability failed me. The clones that did survive were from the 2 SSH that were males :( I may try to reveg her long enough to get some cuts though.

youngbuck
thats sum of the sexiest super silver ive seen in a long time. when i picture super silver in my head thats exactly what it looks like solid job! irish soco im not totally a 100% sure on this but u can mix up ur flower times a bit and get diff results. u dont necessarily need a 12/12 flower cylce u could start with a veg cycle of 14/10 then swcth it around when u flower. i read in dj shorts book that he has experimented quite a bit with diff flowering time ratios. I cant think of what he was exactly trying to get across but when i get home ill check it out and post it back up here later on if u would really like me too!

Thanks guy...and I'm an OLD buck LOL

I don't know about mixing flower times. I did 10/14 as I said above..to ensure forcing flowering. I vegged on 18/6. then went right to 10/14.

Thanks all for coming by and saying all the nice things. I'll try to keep you updated here.

pedro
:sasmokin:

G

good stuff!
definitely reveg that girl! you should keep her around if the smoke's right :rasta:
ill be checkin in :)

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
pedro48 said:
Hi everyone!....I've been told by ppl who have a lot of experience with SSH that this is likely a more hazy pheno, so yes it is very sativa. 10/14 was recommended to ensure better flowering. Some sativa dominant strains just don't flower well 12/12. In the tropics there isn't but about an hour 1.5 hours of difference in day/night length from winter to summer. So some sativas will have a tendancy to keep vegging under 12/12. 10/14 pretty much forces them. Yes, maybe a bit less yield but overall a better strategy IMO

You think she will go 11-12 weeks? Most of the phenos are supposed to be done in about 11 weeks? I'm no slave to the calendar though. I waited 87 days for my ThaiTanics. I can wait on this one :)
...:

so these MRN's like 10/14? o usualy do my firt week under 10/14 after a good dark period(usualy 24-36h).....

nice good pics nice at only 52 days...

alot of streching??? or is that normal?
aybe i dont know what a good SSH/sativa in flower looks like so im probably wrong.

G

so these MRN's like 10/14? o usualy do my firt week under 10/14 after a good dark period(usualy 24-36h).....

nice good pics nice at only 52 days...

alot of streching??? or is that normal?
aybe i dont know what a good SSH/sativa in flower looks like so im probably wrong.

I think you can do 11/13 with sativa dominant strains and be fine. I chose 10/14 because I knew that would force flowering. I didn't want to take any chances.

I don't think it is peculiar to Mr Nice strains. Any heavily sativa strain is going to be tricky to flower under 12/12.

She would have liked to be 10 feet tall, but I couldn't let that happen. That;s why all the topping, etc. She is very typical of sativas in flower. Normally though she would be more of a Christmas tree shape with a huge main cola. L33t grew a sativa dom SSH and the main cola was like 3 feet long and as big around as your arm,yielded over 4 ounces. Saw a pic of him standing with it. SSH has the capacity to be quite large and yield really well.

pedro!!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if its an ammonia phenotype , the terpenes will be built in the very last weeks accompanied by heavy swelling of the bracts sometimes looking like green/golden un-popped popcorn on a stick :D

Fire666 and myself used to take our NL/haze pheno past 80 days , sometimes a full 3 month flowering .... , im going to dig up the last pix of the run with them

Fj

PS: i hope you dont mind me posting ...

90 days flowering
5747DSC_3993.JPG

5747DSC_3994.JPG

Last edited:
B

Brain

That is a really nice plant. It would be interesting to see it grown at 12/12 to compare, then 11/13. I don't doubt sats like the longer dark period but I've never seen it done.

G

if its an ammonia phenotype , the terpenes will be built in the very last weeks accompanied by heavy swelling of the bracts sometimes looking like green/golden un-popped popcorn on a stick :D

Fire666 and myself used to take our NL/haze pheno past 80 days , sometimes a full 3 month flowering .... , im going to dig up the last pix of the run with them

Fj

PS: i hope you dont mind me posting ...

Hi Fj:

I don't mind you posting at all. I appreciate your help and input. I can let her go as long as it takes.

I want to get the most out of her than I can quality wise. I know my yield won't be great but that's OK.

She doesn't have much smell unless you "fondle" her a bit, then it's a mild piney spicey sort of scent. No ammonia at all, or not yet anyway.

In your opinion is it too early to cut off all ferts?

I'm going to post pics of my Skunk Haze from Seedsman on another thread. She is finishing week 9 on Monday. Maybe you can give me your opinion on her too?

And of course anyone is welcome to give me their opinion. I like learning from everyone.

Brain
That is a really nice plant. It would be interesting to see it grown at 12/12 to compare, then 11/13. I don't doubt sats like the longer dark period but I've never seen it done.
Hey Brain!

Thanks for your post. I chose 10/14 because many of these very sativa dominant plants just won't flower well at 12/12 lighting. Maybe Fj can give his opinion on that. Some use 11/13 and I might next time. I just wanted to ensure they flowered and finished like they should. I'll ask Shanti about it too.

thanks all and please be safe!!

pedro

Last edited: