What's new

SUPER SIZE ME, is Mcyd's Sueable???

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Watching the Super Size Me documentary.
Now should corporations be able to poison the public. I mean if somebody is making a profit off me should they knowingly be able to put me harms way??
Obesity is now the number one killer in america. Should these companies pay a tax like Cigarrette co's, they are COSTING THE TAX PAYER heavy in medical bills.
Who is responsible, should our governments allow these companies to exist like fast food restaurants, if they are bad for our health.
What say you??

Norrath

ive seen that a few times, and i forget it all, shows how much it means to me. im actually considering using one of these coupons that come int he mail to go get some fast food from A&W. i like rootbeer. mmmmmm writing this has made me hungry. but it's so faaaaaaaaar

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I have nothing to back this up, as I am high as fuck, and don't feel like researching right now...but I believe that after
"Super Size Me"...that it was a wake up call for the fast food industry...and altho they didn't make it all perfect...that most of the Chains stepped up their game on the Quality side--

B. Friendly

Veteran
ive seen that a few times, and i forget it all, shows how much it means to me. im actually considering using one of these coupons that come int he mail to go get some fast food from A&W. i like rootbeer. mmmmmm writing this has made me hungry. but it's so faaaaaaaaar
lol not sayin i don't indulge just wondering from an ethical biz point of view

B. Friendly

Veteran
ok how about this
is it criminal to allow our children to be grossly obese?
should parents who are allowing their children to be so fat is it child abuse in some way, the child does not have the say from birth what they eat.
We know it is cruel now to smoke in your vehicle with small children and is a crime in many areas.
So is shovelling your kids lard and fatty foods to the point where your 11 year old 5'1 daughter is 200lbs. Is that a crime??

G

good drown

i thought the same thing, mmmm rootbeer float!

iSmokeTrees

You should cast a curse on mcdonalds for being so evil!

I mean, it's not like they offer the nutritional information for all the food they serve. I bet they force people to eat it and get fat!

Go watch HBO's Hard Knocks from last year with the Cincinnati Bengals. Chad Ochocinco eats mcdonalds 2 times a day and doesn't gain weight.

IF CALORIES TAKEN IN - CALORIES BURNED = 0 YOU WON'T GAIN WEIGHT.

it doesn't matter at all what you eat in life. you can eat whatever you want. what matters is how many calories you burn.

B. Friendly

Veteran
tried to get a debate goin but it's people who eat what they want
Plus how you gonna stoners to rise up against some tasty munchies.

Norrath

i give up goin for a Burger King double cheese burger.
dude it's your own damn fault. im turning this thread into pictures of fast food when i get back. quote me on that :thank you:
mcdonalds is my least favourite of the fast foods, shame we are limited in canada with few options. Ive never had jack in the box! or many others you USAians have.

BRB!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You should cast a curse on mcdonalds for being so evil!

I mean, it's not like they offer the nutritional information for all the food they serve. I bet they force people to eat it and get fat!

Go watch HBO's Hard Knocks from last year with the Cincinnati Bengals. Chad Ochocinco eats mcdonalds 2 times a day and doesn't gain weight.

IF CALORIES TAKEN IN - CALORIES BURNED = 0 YOU WON'T GAIN WEIGHT.

it doesn't matter at all what you eat in life. you can eat whatever you want. what matters is how many calories you burn.

Hahaha!! I didn't want to break out the big guns...and mention I have ate this shit all my life, and I am 6 foot tall...and weigh 150 pounds--:wave:

hempknowsis

Watching the Super Size Me documentary.
Now should corporations be able to poison the public. I mean if somebody is making a profit off me should they knowingly be able to put me harms way??
Or to put it another way should I take a risk when using or consuming a product. Or should a company be able to have me take a risk while they are profiting off me.
Who is responsible, should our governments allow these companies to exist like fast food restaurants, if they are bad for our health.
What say you??

Of course they should be legal. Its up to YOU if you want to eat there, or consume something healthier.

I think we're already way too much of a nanny state, the government telling you what your morals are.

And I think we need WAY more self accountability. Everyone wants to blame their problems on someone else and/or sue them.

I think it's the persons responsibility to know what they're consuming.
I eat fast food often, not every day, but every week at least. I also exercise and balance it with healthy food and haven't had any negative effects.

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Yeah, bringing up food on a stoner's forum, there's only one place that's headed :D

But on topic, no, companies shouldn't be forced to pay for someone else's lack of self-control. People are responsible for their own actions.

Norrath

picture.php

allyou see before you is a product of this thread. drive thru girl gave me a new page of coupons too, cause im cuteeee, and she would hit it. :cathug:

just smoked another and took the tomato off the burger, and laid down a layer of fries. this is how it's done. teen burger, i like em the way yummybud likes em. lmfao. nom nom.

ithinkiam

I'm currently eating soup. :yummy:

McDonald's is gross. I'm convinced they still put mystery chunks in their nuggets. Eeeek.