What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super cheese & cookies kush

G

ganjygav

Well that's them been put into flower now.
Thought I would take a photo before I watered so people can see my plants don't always look droopy. I've also tidied up a lot bottom growth and the secondary shoots.
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Yeah I can't wait but I enjoy the veg stage as well and watching the plants take a shape I want.
I have a issue. I dropped my 600w ballast last night and now it's making a rattle noise now. So I will be flowering under a 400w now. That's gonna hurt my yield I bet.
The guy I brought the cuts from came over to have a look yesterday, he made me laugh out loud .
He said I will get around 12 Oz off these plants with the 400w. I mean I just literally laughed because that's close to gpw. I ain't up there yet with them sort of skills.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
That sux about the ballast. Are you gonna get a new one? Anyway you can take it apart and see if you can spot the problem? Could be an easy fix :dunno:

G

ganjygav

That sux about the ballast. Are you gonna get a new one? Anyway you can take it apart and see if you can spot the problem? Could be an easy fix :dunno:

I may just run these with 400 and get a new 400w light for next grow. I'm planning 8 plants under 2 x 400w. I'm not the sort to mess a round with electrics. I got a bad shock as a kid, it made me wary.

mack 10

Veteran
Looking great, just saw that super cheese from barnyies
And wondered, then here she is.
Has potential for sure.

G

ganjygav

Is super cheese barney's? I know the cookies kush is.
I can't seem to find where super cheese is from. Fem seeds does Swiss skunk which is formally known as super cheese. I thought it was one of the Spanish breeders who originally released super cheese.
It's what most of the big growers around here grow because of the yields I hear.
I heard about this clone a year or so a go was making the rounds locally. I've only just found a local source for clones. Every time so far he has given me at least one wrong plant as he don't label. It will be interesting to see if I did get 2 of each strain.

G

ganjygav

Day 15

Day 15

Ello,
Found a couple of aphids again nothing Major. Sprayed with neem again and I've ordered some predator bugs that lay eggs and the larvae hatch and eat all other mites/bugs.
They should be here tomorrow hopefully. I also have brought and started to use a new 600w ballast because I don't think a 400w would do these girls justice. I'm also using a red spectrum bulb which is new to me because I normally use duel specs.

Oh and ignore the pm looking stuff, that's just that bug dust stuff.
picture.php
picture.php

G

ganjygav

Went up last night after the new ballast had been on a few hours. It wasn't good. The room was thick with a burning plastic/chemical smell. The room was hazey with the fumes like a thin smoke. It gave me a headache just being in the room for a minute or 2. I opened the tent and I could see the haze in there even more with the light on. I got paranoid about the affect on the plants.
I mean if a tent off gassing can harm the plants this stuff would surely mess them up. The ballast was super hot. I've owned 3 ballasts over the years so I know to expect heat but this was stupid hot. My 400w ballast is metal but I can still pick it up when it's hot. Not this plastic one.

Anyway I turned it all off and opened all the windows on that floor. Reconnected the 400w now as I'm scared. I sleep in same room as my tent I couldn't risk it....

So I've spoke to the seller and he's happy to give me a refund and says that plastic smell Is normal for a new ballast?
Really? I don't know how to go on from here. Do I keep it or send it back?
I got it super cheap in an eBay auction so I'm not even worried about getting a refund. I just don't want to wake up dead one morning.

Gramse

Nice plants! Can i take a seat?

Btw I would throw that ballast in the trash. Better safe than.... Dead

/Gramse

G

ganjygav

Nice plants! Can i take a seat?

Btw I would throw that ballast in the trash. Better safe than.... Dead

/Gramse

Welcome and thanks. Yeah I'm feeling it's the only option really. I mean I sleep in that room I can't be dealing with fumes for weeks. I probably wouldn't sleep for worry anyway.
Oh well the 400w will have to do until I pick up another 600w. I was offered a 1000w ballast last night but I'm not sure the extra running cost would be worth it as to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference between a 400 and 600 yield.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Nice looking plants man! To answer the question of who sells Super Cheese, it's Positronics. Barney's has Triple Cheese. Who knows though, they may be the same exact seeds.

G

ganjygav

Nice looking plants man! To answer the question of who sells Super Cheese, it's Positronics. Barney's has Triple Cheese. Who knows though, they may be the same exact seeds.

Thanks for the info dude. I wasn't sure. I knew barney's did the cookies kush.

G

ganjygav

Ordered a new 600w mag ballast and put it on 24hrs delivery so that will be here tonight. I'm also hoping my predators will be here today seeing as it's been 7 days since I ordered.
It's shocking how long it's taking to get the predators. I tough it was good I was ordering from a UK company. I mean they're about an hours drive from me but it's still took 7 days.
If they don't come today ive got some mighty wash made up and I will have to spray them tomorrow.
The dust stuff is stopping them to a degree. I mean I've had aphids from start of grow but even now I can only find a couple on each plant where the middle leaves haven't got any dust on the leaves. Everywhere else is clear.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ordered a new 600w mag ballast and put it on 24hrs delivery so that will be here tonight. I'm also hoping my predators will be here today seeing as it's been 7 days since I ordered.
It's shocking how long it's taking to get the predators. I tough it was good I was ordering from a UK company. I mean they're about an hours drive from me but it's still took 7 days.
If they don't come today ive got some mighty wash made up and I will have to spray them tomorrow.
The dust stuff is stopping them to a degree. I mean I've had aphids from start of grow but even now I can only find a couple on each plant where the middle leaves haven't got any dust on the leaves. Everywhere else is clear.

When I used to order predators, I would have to do it a week in advance. Sygenta only ships a couple days a week, because of the life cycle of the mites. Best thing to do with them, if you are able to afford it. Is to order another batch the day before the first order arrives. Keeping a fresh live population of predators incoming is the only way to control/eradicate them.

G

ganjygav

The predators I'm using are called APHIDOLETES. I got 250 pupae that should be enough to kill a heavy infestation on plants in a 5meter square area.
Seeing as I'm in a 1.2 meter square tent with 4 plants I'm hoping that there should be plenty to kill the few aphids I have.

I didn't realise there was only certain days they could post because of hatching. I've been stressing and cursing these people which I feel bad about now.