What's new

Super Cheap Mass Cloner

G

Nice job ickster... and nice idea sysprog... Keep up the good work, eh...

TripleT

A cup of potting soil mixed with some perlite.
RooTone or whatever rooter you have.
Cut your clone at a 45 then stick it in water for a second. Then dipp the stem in the rooter, pile it on don't be stingy. Make sure the hole you make in your soil mix won't knock off the rootone. Give it just a lil bit of water, place in a dome or make a baggie tent for each cup. Check occasionally for the soil to dry, let it a bit, do not over water, it will take longer to root. You'll have roots 95% of the time in 15-20 days.

Works for me 95%, good enough results for anyone I'd say.

G

TripleT said:
A cup of potting soil mixed with some perlite.
RooTone or whatever rooter you have.
Cut your clone at a 45 then stick it in water for a second. Then dipp the stem in the rooter, pile it on don't be stingy. Make sure the hole you make in your soil mix won't knock off the rootone. Give it just a lil bit of water, place in a dome or make a baggie tent for each cup. Check occasionally for the soil to dry, let it a bit, do not over water, it will take longer to root. You'll have roots 95% of the time in 15-20 days.

Works for me 95%, good enough results for anyone I'd say.

Good... but this thread is not for you to post your method, which thake longer than mine, and causes dirt and shit to get in your hydro. This thread is for me to share my method, which can easily make 60 - 70 (or more depending on building material) clones at a time with little effort, in 10 - 14 days(though some strains take a day or two longer) with no hormone or roottone or whateverelse. Thanks though.

Sensi Student

ANYBODY who can work a EZ-Clone HELP me, the strain I have now is Nebula from Paradise seeds ordered thru HEMCY.
Everytime I try to use this machine I get fucked all dead, rooting area of the stem under the neoprene collar is straitup MUSH.
The EZ-Clone is a 60 site cloner
Please PM me if you can help (give me insite.) My plants are 3 1/2 feet tall and stripped! naked stem up except for the top1/2 foot of new growth.
:fsu:

Grat3fulH3ad

I have to thank you for this amazing thread. After building your cloner, I was able to clone my WW which I thought I would never have again! All 3 cuttings rooted, and are doing marvelously, after only being rooted in soil for about 4 days. the 2 biggest girls were in awful condition, and I never thought they would live, let alone make such a great recovery! Thanks so much!!!

check out the pics if you don't believe in this method.

3 WW clones

Cloning Rubbermaid tub that I am currently using.

Last edited:
G

Awesome to hear bro... it is Almost foolproof
xxthexonesxx said:
Grat3fulH3ad

I have to thank you for this amazing thread. After building your cloner, I was able to clone my WW which I thought I would never have again! All 3 cuttings rooted, and are doing marvelously, after only being rooted in soil for about 4 days. the 2 biggest girls were in awful condition, and I never thought they would live, let alone make such a great recovery! Thanks so much!!!

check out the pics if you don't believe in this method.

3 WW clones

Cloning Rubbermaid tub that I am currently using.

ELMO9191

thanx m8 im gonna give ita go even though my current method works, yours is so cheap i goto try it thanx again m8 :)
Elmo9191

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
well I'll be damned!

well I'll be damned!

but my clones WON'T! (be damned that is) LOL
Hey H3ad.... good one, brother!
This cook has a version of the H3ad Clon3r set up right now, just with slightly different containers. I'm using 2 foot planter boxes, as they fit real nice under a 2 foot flouro.
I'm definitely getting some roots. So far, it seems the ones that were deeper in the perlite are rooting faster, but maybe it just depends on the plant. I'll be poppin a couple into soil today.
Thanks for the idea, man. It seems to work great!
You've helped out this cloning challenged cook :D
Much love to the H3ads. :wave:
stay safe, and keep em green.
cc

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
cooked cook said:
but my clones WON'T! (be damned that is) LOL
Hey H3ad.... good one, brother!
This cook has a version of the H3ad Clon3r set up right now, just with slightly different containers. I'm using 2 foot planter boxes, as they fit real nice under a 2 foot flouro.
I'm definitely getting some roots. So far, it seems the ones that were deeper in the perlite are rooting faster, but maybe it just depends on the plant. I'll be poppin a couple into soil today.
Thanks for the idea, man. It seems to work great!
You've helped out this cloning challenged cook :D
Much love to the H3ads. :wave:
stay safe, and keep em green.
cc

Awesome to hear, Cook! and much love to you as well...
Peace and love
h3ad

Bond

I've followed the instructions but my wicks aren't...errr....wicking! The res has been filled for 4 hours now and not a drop has been drawn up to the perlite.

Anyone got any ideas?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Bond said:
I've followed the instructions but my wicks aren't...errr....wicking! The res has been filled for 4 hours now and not a drop has been drawn up to the perlite.

Anyone got any ideas?
Give it some time... also overfill the rez a bit so that the top container also sits in the water slightly until the dry pearlite becomes damp...

G

damn i couldnt find this thread when i was lookin for it all stoned the other day :rasta:

gonna build a couple for a friend now, thanks H3aD :yes:

MrChronic

I have to say, H3ad, this method works wonders. Thanks for the good idea. I doubt i will use peat pucks ever again! 100% of my cuts take now, this is my 3rd run using this method... They seem to take faster if you have just enough water to keep the perlite moist, but no standing water in the bottom of the tub. I have seen roots in 48 hours!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks again :joint:
Mrc.

Last edited:

Bond

Grat3fulh3ad said:
Give it some time... also overfill the rez a bit so that the top container also sits in the water slightly until the dry pearlite becomes damp...

Wehay, dam fine idea and its worked. the perlite is now nice and damp and the wicks seem to be pulling up water as they should.

I've have just popped my first ever cutting into it and we'll see what happens. It's wilted a bit but after being cut from its mom and lobbed in perlite i'm not surprised, sure it'll perk up after a while.

One more question though...I've currently got the cloner in my greenhouse and i was a bit concerned about the temps in there. Would it be a more sensible option to have it in the house where its a bit cooler or can i leave it where it is?

Latest posts

Latest posts