What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Cheap Mass Cloner

TLoft13

This looks great, thanks in advance, i'll try it.
I have one little problem though, these tiki torches, they are made of fiberglass? What are they for, non specific petroleum lights?

Ns1

Question, some people are reporting using rapid rooters/rockwool cubes in conjunction with this

How would that work? Take a cutting normally, put it in rockwool, drop rockwool on top, and let rockwool slowly absorb moisture from perlite?

Bud-Boy

Veteran
Heres my start

Being the crafty bitch I am
i cut strips and sewed together tubes of cotton bedding

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

Tatz

Question, some people are reporting using rapid rooters/rockwool cubes in conjunction with this

How would that work? Take a cutting normally, put it in rockwool, drop rockwool on top, and let rockwool slowly absorb moisture from perlite?

Hey NS!

I myself use the Perlite only-system, but,
it would be like;

-moisten your "rockwool"cube (like 24hrs beforehand, adj Ph!)These suckers drink a lot of water,this could empty your rez..
-bottom tray,(put aside, comes on later)

-next tray,
-holes in the bottom,eavenly dispersed, wicks go through
(ANYTHING absorbing water will do !! Cotton absorbes better than fiberglass),
-fill in Perlite,
(try to let the wicks sort of..."stand up" below the Perlite level...regular wicks are a bit "stiff" and can "stand up" easier, strings and such need to be held upright while filling in Perlite...)
-now, RINSE THE PERLITE, thus moistening it.
-Let all water run off Perlite, now wicks and Perlite are moist.
-put only water in #1 tray, until only wicks reach water.

- clones(with or without rooting agent) are stuck in the presoaked rockwool, ¨
-rockwoolcube with clone sits on top of perlite

and That´s All folks !

:dance013:

Tatz

I use straight vermiculite.... while I use one of the variations of wick cloners I get nearly 100% and never get any rot... Ive done more than one head to head... vermiculite vs perlite and vermiculite has consistantly won.....

I normally take 3 clones of all my plants before they go into flower...

the advantage to this system...

No wicks the vermiculite does that...
the roots stay seperate...
I get 27 cuttings in a small space....

I have taken instead of pulling them from the rooting trays at about day 9 ....when most have rooted... to allowing them to build a nice root system in the trays prior to removal.... I begin feeding them about day 7.....

In the trays ...

Rooted plug and vermiculite....

Vermiculite rinsed away for viewing.... normally I plant the whole plug

I use a tube ice cube maker from walmart...

vermiculite from lowes and clonex....

no wicks... temps(overlookied) low 80's

Pepe my man, I´m astonished !! How do you get your roots in this shape ???!!! I´d love to do that !!!

Tatz

my bad....!

my bad....!

:tiphat:
Pepe my man, I´m astonished !! How do you get your roots in this shape ???!!! I´d love to do that !!!
OK, so I read it a few times and realized you´re using some kind of tubular ice cube device....:)
I am pretty sure we don´t have those in our neck of the woods, but I´m thinking maybe some clear plastic tubes, filled with perlite/vermeculite, in the super cloner with perlite/vermeculite surrounding them... That way it would be easier to take the plugs out of the cloner to see roots, AND putting it back in the cloner, without damaging the small hairs on the roots..

:thank you:

D

Duplicate

15' of wick for $2 at Wal-Mart.
qnlk6u.jpg

For $4, how can you not try it? This is my first attempt at cloning.
28thuyv.jpg

2evt2bm.jpg

207taj4.jpg

xap8o0.jpg

woolybear

Veteran
Inspired by duplicate's #413 use of the clear plastic tub, bought a set of two long ones for around $5.

Put my first group of cuttings in last nite, will have to resist tugging the lil' girls for two weeks :p. That would be 1/21.

thanks OP

D

Duplicate

Well the rope wicked fine. I was just too impatient for the roots. FWIW though my pearlite was plenty moist.

woolybear

Veteran
success!

success!

Hi all, I made one of these and pulled my first clone today. :jump: Not sure how long it took - maybe 7 days? Here's a pic:

album.php
picture.php

Unfortunately none of the others in the tub took, but hey, it was my first try. Notes:

- allow for at least 1.5" room around the sides. Cuts placed on the edges of the box didn't do well

- plastic clear shoe box size boxes are .99 at home depot, way cheaper than buying them from the store.