What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sulfur toxicity and low P issues

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Should I get bx or hp? I have a giant bag of #4 perlite so I can always add more. Didn't know if it'll matter for this
I'd grab the hpcc if they have it but any of them should help to cut it.

here's the P and micro amounts for a cubic yard/ 202 gallons

580 grams Triple Super Phosphate needed per yard
stoobey trip super phos.png

Borax 8 grams needed per yard
Stoobey borax.png

55 grams Manganese Sulfate per yard
Stoobey Manganese.png

31 grams Copper Sulfate per yard
Stoobey Copper sulfate.png

42 grams Zinc Sulfate per yard
Stoobey Zinc Sulfate.png

it's going to be a salty mix, don't test plants in it you if you are not ready to see them die, lol.

prolly

Stoobeey

I'd grab the hpcc if they have it but any of them should help to cut it.

here's the P and micro amounts for a cubic yard/ 202 gallons

580 grams Triple Super Phosphate needed per yard
View attachment 18850582

Borax 8 grams needed per yard
View attachment 18850578

55 grams Manganese Sulfate per yard
View attachment 18850579

31 grams Copper Sulfate per yard
View attachment 18850580

42 grams Zinc Sulfate per yard
View attachment 18850581
it's going to be a salty mix, don't test plants in it you if you are not ready to see them die, lol.

prolly
You mean like don't plant without cutting it with promix lol heard! (you mean it has to be fed liquid bc it's just peat moss and aeration yeah?)
Sooo like borax from the grocery store or home Depot??

Here's a key lime jack about a week in that tested soil. I can top dress these pots yes? They'll be upped again in another week . Maybe 2. I'm a little backed up on my plant count lol thanks to a generous clone company fixing a plant that a bunch of the roots had died on delivery
16860383224413342609676625439248.jpg

Last edited:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
yeah borax in the box.

I mean try a plant in the balanced mix that's cut 1 to 1 with the promix, but it might need 2 parts promix to one part of this salty mix before the plants grow well, it's a crapshoot I'd say but you have already walked halfway down this road so...

Stoobeey

yeah borax in the box.

I mean try a plant in the balanced mix that's cut 1 to 1 with the promix, but it might need 2 parts promix to one part of this salty mix before the plants grow well, it's a crapshoot I'd say but you have already walked halfway down this road so...
Cool I have plenty of cuts to toss in and see what happens 😆.

I updated my previous post with a current photo of a girl in that soil now (moved it like 6 days ago I guess)

Stoobeey

I updated my previous post with a current photo of a girl in that soil now (moved it like 6 days ago I guess)
16860391564664097030796194717694.jpg

All the veg ladies
1686039255834546664252162176639.jpg

Just flipped to flower 6 days ago. These were the 1st analysis I posted from that mysoil. Com test when . Riding them out at this point . I have cuts of everyone anyway , and will take more for test.

Stoobeey

Okay grabbed the borax, but looks like I got to drive a little bit further to get the promix all the shops right by me four of them don't have it there are stores farther away do. It looks like Walmart has a home edition of pro-mix organic now not sure how this compares to the regular pro stuff

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I did not like the home edition of Pro-Mix compared to Promix hp. Not even close to the same results. I ended up throwing it in the trash.

Stoobeey

I did not like the home edition of Pro-Mix compared to Promix hp. Not even close to the same results. I ended up throwing it in the trash.
Thanks for heads up. I already pre paid for a bale of bx with biofung/mycos at ace hardware near my office. It was that or drive to San Fernando valley to the hydro shop with the HP one, bit farther than I'd like to drive lol. Cost was $60

Stoobeey

yeah borax in the box.

Alright all amended and picking up promix bx today . I'll try 1 to 1 mixed with this male plant I just sexed.

So odd measuring such small amounts of those sulfates to add to each tote. It was closer to 20gallons left in each

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Thanks for heads up. I already pre paid for a bale of bx with biofung/mycos at ace hardware near my office. It was that or drive to San Fernando valley to the hydro shop with the HP one, bit farther than I'd like to drive lol. Cost was $60
where are you?

Stoobeey

where are you?
Ok so let's assume when I cut my mix and plant it works out nicely. Is there top dressings I should be doing at certain points like I kind of did in the past. Like am I supposed to still top dress at the flip and end of stretch like I normally would . Also is it worth keeping this calcium carb 96 solution grade stuff from DTE?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
keep yur pants on there, let's see if they make it a week in that mix first.... but yes on the top dressing but if this is for indoor you should be giving feeds and not trying water only.

did you plant into it yet?

Stoobeey

keep yur pants on there, let's see if they make it a week in that mix first.... but yes on the top dressing but if this is for indoor you should be giving feeds and not trying water only.

Lol I'm trying....
But I'm only trying to do water only for the most part. I don't have any chemicals I threw all that shit away a couple years ago. Only liquids I even own are fish hydroselate, and some natural pest shit. No desire to use any chemicals ever again.
Or I misunderstanding you, but when anybody mentions feeding plants like that I only think of liquid chems
No I had a busy work day yesterday.. will move some into it tonight though .. that male is gonna get moved over into a 1:1 and I will probably move a clone I want to become a new mom into a 2gal with 1:2 ratio to be extra safe.. it's gotta get uppotted super super soon

Last edited:

Stoobeey

Ok 2 are planted in the new cut mixes.

Overnight so far no noticeable changes on either plant. I took them off blumats for now too.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
stick a plant into the salty mix at 100% also, one you don't like maybe, the mix might be fine uncut, won't know until you try it...

as far as the water only indoor soil I have not seen it work well yet.

Stoobeey

stick a plant into the salty mix at 100% also, one you don't like maybe, the mix might be fine uncut, won't know until you try it...

I've had my best bud since I stopped using liquid feeds. I'm just very inconsistent still. I always get a couple of plants that just remind me of old beasters after cure. Even though the nigs are dense and solid

Stoobeey

So aside from the far white pot and the 2 gal not in main row, the 2 gals all got top dressed with a slightly smaller amount of the amend I added to the totes.

The big girl lower left is a frosted valley mom I'm going to put in flower tonight. I have new plants to make new mom. She's old and was a reveg when I failed making fem seeds. My seeds are regular
IMG_20230610_130446_01.jpg
16864279109203282739826072141402.jpg
1686427979247764959887258234753.jpg

The 2nd photo is key lime jack in 1:2 cut mix. The last photo is a Thai chi f4 male in 1:1 mix, I was going to tossed a cereal milk cut into the straight soil just been lazy.

Stoobeey

So far so good .. I know it's only been 4 days for 2 of em, but neither mix is showing any issue on either plant. No burning or weird shit so far. The clone I stuck in the uncut. No change but it's only been 2 days.

Gave everyone haircuts in the other pots .. gotta slow everyone way down (I need 6 weeks before I can move more into flower aside from the old mom I'm flipping ). Hoping the haircuts give me another week ish in 2gal before up planting to 7s.
They all have recovered pretty amazingly considering what most of them look like in the beginning of this thread. Excited to see what results I get in flower with adjusted soil

Stoobeey

Well we're at a full week of the first 2 transplants. Still no sign of ill effect. Not even the cut I stuck in uncut soil. I'm guessing my better bet is using the 1:1 cut though. I'm a little weary still planting into uncut stuff .

I will need to up pot very soon at least 2 of them. My flower tent may have to get real crowded