What's new

Sugar Shack Junk Yard

Curse

I just would like to first say that I don't care about proper grammer and paragraph's I just h8 trying to read posts when there is no spaces it's hard for my eyes...

Hell I am not some master grower I am just trying to say that all the effort to try and make a system that if you power goes out and you have no backup and you have to spend lots of time ajusting one thing here and there and constantly checking on compaired to some simple sprinkler(ponics). Is true aero is it really worth it.. I have just started to get into hydro I have used dirt for a couple years and the first setup I made was with just some stuff laying around and some old tote I vegged under a 400 watt that's why the ends didn't get quite as tall the the middle plants I had no room to move stuff so I had to deal with it, oh and the misters are crap but the results well I will let you decided...

Day 52 flower

Zizu

Those are some nice looking plants! I've built a number of sprinkler-ponic tubs like that over the years, they definitely get the job done.

So I guess your main question is: Is it really worth it?

Honestly it's probably not for a lot of people. It is for me without a doubt. I've built most types of hydro systems and high pressure aero is without a doubt the best for me. Some people might say it's for the faster growth rates or bigger denser buds, but thats not really super important to me. I'm a med grower who doesn't really weigh anything. If I was interested in yield I would be going vertical without a doubt.

I just like to tinker with crap. I like being able to adjust duration of spray and interval and watch the plants react. I also HATE cleaning hydroton and messing with rockwool so Aero provided me an opportunity to abandon all media(almost). I still use hydroton for my orchids and mothers.

As far as the power going out, I grabbed a busted UPS from the junkyard took it apart and did a little soldering and now if the power goes out should have no problemo. A couple of months ago the power went out before I had the UPS and I had to do some misting with a spray bottle. No big deal.

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Zizu! Howdy Cursed! Yea I dunno. I ask myself that alla time. Why dont I just drop bubble stones in my bins and fillim with recirculatin water. I dont know. I gues I just like the way my system works. Its custom taylored to me and my Wifes needs. I dont have to have lots of nutes runnin alla time. Thats one thing. I run 10 gallons of nutes alla time insted of 50 or so gallons that a comparably sized dwc would use. My bins are real mobile. They slide round easy too. Pluss I like a perpetual harvest. Mabey sometimes thatl change but so far so good. I like havin Herb commin outta my room every other week. I like this and I dont know how to find another formula thatl work on all phazez of flower like I got this stuff workin.
Everything comes up really good with this stuff. Each hole in my bins gives me a bit beter then 2 oz and each bin has 4 holes in it, and each bin is under a 600 watt hps for 8 weeks. I dont know how to do this with another system. I guess I could figure it out if I tryed to but Im just kinda used to this. I dont think I remember see'in anybody elce runnin nutes like this beside3s HempyHedgeHog. Sory if I got the name wrong but You can find his HempyBukkits thread here somewheres. He's got a nute formula that works for all stages of flower too. He got a simular rotation as me too. The Bruddas creative! I like what He dose there. If I ever did decide to run hydro Id shurly drop bubble stones in my bins and use my Leader EcoPluss240 to make crazy currents in my root zones. Damn thatd be crazy. Id prolly run Hempys formula too.
Im tryin some paragraphs here so bear with me. Anyhow. -I realy do think bout it sometimes. Bout why dont I just run a recirculatin dwc. But I never do more then just think bout it. I dont think Il ever do it. Pluss Im stoned alla time. Thats another thing. This system keeps us stoned alla time!
Smater o fact Im bout to smoke me another li'l piece of Hash and go toi the Hash forum and post up my last nights Hask makin session. I told somebody I would so Im gonna. Pluss its prolly the last time Il be makin my Hash with my twisted up Sadu Sam tekneek. I autts be gettin my bubble bags before my next Flowers come out so this'l prolly be the last time I'l use my Sadu Sam tek.
Anyhow Cursed, enjoy the paragraph form! --Im just kiddin. I get silly as SHITT alla time! Comes wit the job.. Quality controle.. We'r not just HCA's Herb club clients, We'r the presidents!​

Curse

I just placed an order for some equipment and they didn't have the pumps I wanted to after spending a couple hours finding the best price and pump.
I finally am buying the same one you have the eco 240 it had hands down the best stats compaired to the money and I found a site that sells for $249 I havn't found any cheaper but if anyone does post the page...

That web site that I prev posted with the Aero system I wrote them an e-mail asking them how many microns the droplet size is for the water their response was

Re: Droplet Size‏
From: Ross Vickers - Aeroculture Limited. ([email protected])
Hi,

I'm sorry to say we do not disclose the droplet sizes but I can say there isn't anything else out there producing the same droplet sizes as the atomix.

With regards
Ross Vickers
Director
Aeroculture Limited

That just annoys me that they he wouldn't tell me the size when they make statments on their site saying there is nothing on the market that mists a smaller size. Honestly I don't care but the fact that they won't tell you bugs me.. they are very high priced IMO..

I use a fogmaster jr very handy fogger so many uses, and when you see the droplet size go from 40 micron down to 14 it just disapears I was thinking of originally finding out what head they use and put jets around a custom build plastic container that was going to be 1 molded piece aprx 4x4 made with holes pre cut and a access port and drain plugs and inlet plugs if using inline pump from local business sorta like a hot tub and put 2 jets on each side but the amound of money and hassle compaired to a 500gph pump in a self contained $30 dollar tote with some $10 worth of plastic pipe and misters if that. Of course that budjet and I had everything left over except the baskets and some misters. I just couldn't spend that much money for those results.

I still have put togeather a new system and spent more then I expected I might post a journal as you can see I have been a member for some time but have not posted anything.

Although anyone who would like a good container I got a price quote for about $500 but that is Can $ very well insulated so I am sure that will help in keeping the water temps down.

http://www.bonarplastics.com/products/insulated_containers/ib_1745/

The inside Dimentions are a little smaller then I would have liked however I would est you having about 200L or 53Gal. I was going to make a hybrid dwc/sprinkleponics but 500 just for the plastic container it's a little bit of money but compaired to buying like a GH 60 site aero for cheapest I have found 850-1200 listed on net american $ I can put togeather that container with eco 230 pump for $200 new or a simple 1500gph $100bux job if I want to cheap out and the pvc and all the little stuff left over and still save abt $100-400 depending on where you buy one of those and I am going to have a much better system.. I do like the 2" worth of insulation that's got to help keep your water temp down so no chiller needed.

Instead I am using the stanley toolbox from homedepot

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...Ntx=mode+matchall&recN=0&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber

Takes aprx 100L of water will have 4 360 spinning variable misters down the middle of 3 pvc rows @25gph and 20 4gph misters all around a rec. pvc pipe.
then connected to 3 more same boxes connected to that ecoplus 240 pump nothing is tested yet so we will see how it turns out just waiting on pump have everything else done.

Once I have everything togeather I might start a thread if people are interested then I might do a journal.

Curse

I forgot to mention in the post and it doesn't show in the pic of the toolbox the top of it has two rails recessed down to put 2x4's in and saw them off they work just perfect for the 3.75" net pots that fit just inside..

Zizu

Sounds good. I would take a look at using coolers for the root containers, they are insulated and you can get them in just about any shape you want. Definitely worth taking a look.

HairlessCaveApe

Wow! Theyr huge! Would You be puttin one tree in the middle of it? You can get 2 trees in it. One on each side if Ya wannet to. If Ya wannet You could put 2 ofem under a 1000watthps. You could have 2 trees in each if Ya liked. With a Netafim quad fogger in the middle of each. You could orientem so they fog real nice for Ya with 2 trees inem. The posibilities are endless. One thing for shure, Youl enjoy it. Specially if Yer compulsive. Lemme give Ya a li'l help on them lids. Turn on Your patients while Yer cuttinem up so the net pots fit inem. Its real tedious if Ya wanna getten just rite. Cut Your holes inem with a hole saw first, then cut allong the inside to seperate the dubble wall unit. Then Ya gotta cut all round the plastic welds threwout the thing. It takes patients but just jam on some tunes and smoke some Hash. Il go in my room and take pics of a lid for Ya so Ya see what I meen. Ya gotta cut the perimiter just rite but Il get some pics in a bit. Damn. My computers rite by my window. We got lotsa windows now. We only usta have 1 fukkin window downstars in Philly. 1 fukkin window for the whold downstars. Now we got windows ALL OVER THE PLACE! Now we got Eagles flyin round up in the oaks in our backyard! In lookin attem rite now. They like our backyard cause its got the highest peak for a ways up and down this ridge for a bit. Imma se if I can get a pic or 2 of them too!

hazy

Veteran
Man, that whole paragraph thing had me ROTFLMAO.

Good to see things chuggin along in the junk yard.
HCA said:
I made a noize like a wookie you coulda herd from miles around when I droped the fukkin thing on the highway. I just couldnt believe it when it wouldnt work no more. I only got 1 pic of my cat, one of my wife and one of my flower room with it before breakin it. --Well this ones THE SHITT! First thing I done with it is I put the li'l strap on it that goes round your wrist.
:muahaha:

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Hazy! Howdy Maj.! Yea Bruddas! All things teknical! All things teknical sukk! Itaint really gears and greeze or nothin. Its just them tranzistors! I HATE them tranzistors. Theyre so fukkin delicate, and they bust so easy! The only thing I like digital is my timers. Other then that, the fyewer options the better. -Press this button while holdin this switch in the "B" position-This will put you in serries mod- to switch to panaramma mode klikk the mode icon and restart serries control sequence that corresponds to the appropriat functio.- <<Oilly SHITT!!! I just wanna take a fukkin picture! Mosta these li'l digital things are too small to have all the buttons onnem that they do. If I ever get a cell phone Im gonna get me onna them JitterBugs. I dont care what anyone says or who laughfs or nothin. If I get a cell phone Im gonna get me onna them JitterBugs with the 3 buttons on it. Il get onna my Kids to program it. Beam me the fukk up Scotty. Thing were simpler on the Enterprise.:wallbash::abduct::wallbash: Ya wouldnt believe what Im feedin the Shach Maj.! Im still tryinna dial it in to my system. Its a bit chalengin cause Im feedin the fresh inserts that are fresh in the flower room the same strenth nutes the mature Flowers are eatin. Even when I was feedin at 1900 ppm's, wich is pretty normal for my system when runnin other Herbs, the fresh insertys into the flower room would go threw a week or so of aclimatin themselves to the aero enviorment. Durrin this peroid they would show the normal stress associated with puttin short vegged clones from a dwc into an aero enviorment. This was at 1900ppm's. Now Im tryinna do it at a lot higher. In order for me to feed the mature Shacks properly, I gotta feed the new inserts well over 2000ppm's. -Ballance- Lets see if I can find it! Everybody LOVES it Maj.! Nobody even remembers the Lav anymore! Now I just gotta dial this Shack in good! Il pop some pics up in a li'l bit. Im smokin some delicious Shack Hash now an enjoyin my spresso. I like doin a quad spresso every mornin with 5 sugars and frothy milk. Imma chill a bit and then get some fresh pics out the garden. I got a cooler lid pic for Cursed too. To show how they gotta be cut up to make good aero chambers. Oh yea. And I gotta cut clones today too. Well my flowqer room opens in half an hour so Imma kikk round here a bit and get more stoned but Il be back later with some fresh pics. Blessins on Yas Bruddas!

HairlessCaveApe

Well I shure didnt make it back yesterday. I didnt even cut clones. Sometimes I just cant move. Sometimes I feel like my bones are made of rusty rebar. Heres them pics of how I cut up my cooler lids to makem work as aeroponic chambers. I allready been here an done this once and it didnbt work cause they wer5e too big or somethin so I resizedem. Il get pics of the Shack aqnd my flower room later when I can resizem.

Attachments

• bug 033.jpg
    bug 033.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 10
  • bug 034.jpg
    bug 034.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
  • bug 035.jpg
    bug 035.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11

hazy

Veteran
If I ever get a cell phone Im gonna get me onna them JitterBugs. I dont care what anyone says or who laughfs or nothin.

:laughing::pointlaug:listen2::biglaugh:

I know what you mean brother. I got about three things I can do with my cam, and everything else is just wasted buttons and menu shit. I read the book so I could figure out how to take macros, but that's about as tekky as I can stand to get.
Same with my phone. I don't need no camera phone, I don't need no texting, I don't need no internet, I just want to make a fookin phone call. The only thing I like and kind of need on my cell phone is the missed, incoming, and outgoing calls lists.
Can't wait to get some shack buds going again. I might have one in flower now, I think I flipped one the other day. Right now I got 3 kinds of diesel i'm smoking on. Sour, strawberry, and nycd. Chopped the nycd last night and it's some lemony stinky stuff.
Take care, caveape.
hazy