What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Suby's Kitchen

G

Think of the frosting on the carrot cake using canna butter. You are sitting there all full and content, sugar fixed taken care of and then WHAM! Right between the eyes. A little later, munchies...what's this? Carrot cake...and the cycle continues.

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
old fool, you are a wise, wise dude. I think I'm gonna try using canna butter with carrot cake or any kind of cake.

or what about ice cream cake using canna milk?! YUM

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
*cough**cough* suby, im gettin hungry for another over here. something main course for dinner maybe.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Damn I've been busy.
I have been cooking every night for 2 weeks now, I am getting quite good at meals in under 30min but eventually you crave a meal ready to go when you get home so I though I would share some of my no time to dine recipes.

Emmy I tempt you so because I am evil, plus overly skinny women are no good in bed. :joint:

Old fool that is a brilliant idea, I am all over that.
I'm sure warming the cream cheese with kief or canna butter on a low setting then back to the fridge to thicken and coll before using the blender with the sugar would work.

Sorry Jman I didn't seee your request there, I love a cooking request. :canabis:

Let me rummage my cooking notebook and see if I can get some measures together, I cook alot by feel and after I have a hard time duplicating it let alone take notes :nono:

Suby

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Warmth on a cold Day

Warmth on a cold Day

This is a nice recipe to make ahead of time, it keeps well in the fridge.
Do not underestimate how full you get with potato soup :bigeye:
I double the recipe when planning to freeze some, it takes the same amount of time and you only have to clean once lol. :joint:
Serve this with a nice Brie and some fresh bread and you have yourself a winner.

Cream of Potatoe

2 Tbs. butter
2 onions chopped (about 2 cups)
salt and pepper
3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 lb. russet potatoes (3 to 4 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4- to 1-inch chunks
4 cups chicken broth
2 bay leaves
1 cup milk (3.5% works nice)
1/2 cup light or heavy cream

How it’s done:

Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until translucent but not at all browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes, stir, pour in the broth, and add the bay leaves.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, partially cover, reduce the heat to medium low or low and simmer gently until the potatoes are very tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Discard the bay leaves.
Working in batches, purée the soup in a blender (being careful to fill the blender only two-thirds full and vent the lid).
Pulse the blender in short bursts and avoid overworking the soup.
Rinse the soup pot, and return the soup to it.
Add the milk and cream and heat through.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top each with a generous handful of the croutons.

Croutons

3 cups of bread (a thick and not airy kind)
1 cup of cubed pancetta
drizzle olive oil

Mix in a bowl to coat and place them on a cookie sheet.
Put them in the oven at 350deg until lightly browned, around 30min.
As the pancetta cooks and melt it's fat it will coat the bread so toss it around a few times while baking.
These keep for about a week.

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
:wave: hey suby! good to see you back!

I was actually gonna make soup today and I think you won me over with that cream of potato....let you know how it turns out later :lurk: :rasta:

might make it with cannamilk too.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let me rummage my cooking notebook and see if I can get some measures together, I cook alot by feel and after I have a hard time duplicating it let alone take notes

you and me both. i just grab a little of this a little of that a dash of this and so on. then people are like mmmmm whats in it? and i reply ummm i forgot. that soup sounds good.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yeah cooking by feel is much faster and less cups to clean, I love cooking but HATE dishes.
It seems I grow the same way also lol.

More to come I am testing out a homemde kabab recipe with porc tendeloin, I`ll post it in a bit.

S

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
ToKEN said:
:wave: hey suby! good to see you back!

I was actually gonna make soup today and I think you won me over with that cream of potato....let you know how it turns out later :lurk: :rasta:

might make it with cannamilk too.

Token I like the way you think, you cana-Izing all my recipies, great work lol.

Suby

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
hey suby. just stumbled over this thread and wow.....cooking and cannabis are my hobbys (and photography) and i just love to combine the 3. Great recipes!!

And i i may add one hint about the ribs for those who dont have a slowcooker. Boil the ribs (on low) for 45 min with some bay leaves, peppercorns, lots of salt(pref sea salt) and half a cup of BBQ sauce. Take the hot ribs and place them on a tray to cool down. As they cool down they become dry on the outside and thats just perfect for brushing on the bbq sause before grilling as it sticks like glue to the dry ribs.

Ribs turn out perfect every time, jucy and moist!!!!!

I hope i haven´t hijacked this fine fine thread.

icetoker

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
No cooking is like growing everyone has a method and to get better you have to know your option.
Sounds like a nice trick, share some recipies if you feel like it.

:rasta:

S

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
hey suby, did have your potato soup the other day, just not with the cannamilk :( saving the buds I'm gonna cook with for some canna ice cream YUM! will let you know on that later but your soup was AWESOME!! we have some good potato soup at work but I'm gonna try and see if I can get the chef in on a little of subys cooking!

take it easy sub...

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Quickfast Souvlaki

Quickfast Souvlaki

I'm glad you like it, canna food makes me wayyy too horny and useless, I have a 1 year old so I like my Volcano.

I made some brownies last year, we where a bunch of peeps, man we picked the nicest bag of perfect apples you'd ever seen lmfao.

Suby

OK Here is my recipe for quickfast Sort-of-Souvlaki

1 legnth of pork tenderloin (1-2 lbs)
juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup soya sauce
3 cloves garlic pressed
1 tsp of oregano
greek seasonings (spinkle optional)
salt and pepper (to taste)

OK it's an easy breezy souvlaki, you start with making 1" cubes with the tenderloin.
You mix all the ingredient and add the cubes in a ziplock or tupperware and shake it around.
Let it marinate for at least 2 hours but I've gone 2 days.
Use presoaked wooden sqewers to make brochettes with the meat.
Cook until only slightly pink inside about 15-20 min on medium heat on a grill or BBQ.

I have made these twice and I serve it with tsaziki and mixed vegetable rice and we like it alot.
You can vary the seasoning to your taste, use a fresh cut of meat.

Peace

Suby

Last edited:

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
what's up guys! I made some AWESOME ganja mashed potatoes today... here's how it all went down...

1/2 a 1/2 gallon of milk
4 grams of grinded buds...a sprinkle of keif
3 huge yukon potatoes
2 shallots
2 chilli peppers
1 jalapeno'
mozzarella and hot salt for flavor afterward

boil potatoes until you can easily smash with a fork
while waiting...put milk in saucepan and add buds with some butter..simmer until potatoes are ready.
put potatoes into bowl and mash...add cannamilk until desired thickness
add shallots and peppers (diced up) into the concoction.
sprinkle mozzarella and hot salt ontop..nice and spicy but still has the earthiness of the ganja.

we used the milk we didnt use in the mashed potatoes and added baking chocolate and sugar and made hot chococanna. was AWESOME

good hearty meal man... tuna steak...ganja mashed potatoes and hot canna chocolate. ate it at 8:30 pm...it's 3:26 am now and it feels like I just smoked a blunt...but I didnt...

man I'm high

ToKEN

mjcuresall

Suby, just wanted to say thanks man for all these great recipes. They were all out of this world! K+ to you! :lurk:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Macaroni and Cheese from Scratch

Macaroni and Cheese from Scratch

Thank you all for the props, I've been neglecting this thread again :spank:

Here is a quick one for the students and slackers...I've been/am both.

2 cups milk
4 TBS butter
4 TBS flour
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic
3-4 cups of cheese (cheddar, gruyere, something with a bold flavour)
bread crumb
parmesan
3-4 cups macaroni or springs..whatever

Boil water for the macaroni, salt it alot, well seasoned water makes for well seasoned pasta.

You simmer on low heat 2 cups of milk with 2 cloves of garlic cut in hald with 2 bay leaves, do this for 15 minutes, all the flavours will blend.

Melt the butter on med-low heat as soon as it melts add the flour, mix it for a few second until it's smooth and add a little of the warm seasoned milk.

Whisk the mixture and add the remaining milk, let it thicken on low heat, season with pinch of salt and fresh pepper.
Add the cheese and stir until smooth.

Pour sauce over cooked pasta, do not rinse pasta when it's ready just drain it.
Cover with some breads crumbs and parmesan cheese and bake at 450 for 10min roughly.

Voila, mac and cheese made easy and cheap and healthy.

Peace

Suby

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Cool requests :rasta:

Caramel recipes huh...:confused:

I've made it before for dipping but it was a mess, you need a candy thermometer to get the temps right and then it's essentially water and sugar boiled until it caramelizes.

If you go to Food Network Canada website and check out Nigella's show Quick the makes a kind of croissant bread puiding with caramel..it look insanely easy and good...plus N is very hot and has a Brit accent...:joint:

BL Start with a nice yougourt, fresh and organic really makes a diffierence but anything will do, addd garlic with a press, use salty and pepper and finely grate cucumber into the mix, I use oregao sometimes, mines not traditional but I like to experiment with sauses.

I had Shish Taouk tday, we have a lebanese chain called Amir out here, it was awesome, i recommend lebanese to those who love garlic.

Let me know what your doing with the caramel and I'll find you something in my books.

Peace

S