What's new

SUBSHOTS

Dragor

sub can't wait to see you rock out with those Skunk IBLs - gonna be nice to see what HTC has done with the Skunk line and the aromas (skunk is usually quite varied in smells) - that twin there is good omen my friend ;) wow and then the IBL match-up to the powerstrains you already have is gonna be something to follow - and you can already count me in as test grower for your seed lines ;) best wishes to you doc, greenthumb :)

G

Nice pics, smelly sort of pics like scratch and sniff to be gay about it!I'm onto HTC's Skunk IBL myself and really looking foward to it.Somtimes you can see a bud and KNOW it reeks.Chaco. :joint: :joint:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sup folks!

rounders and duke-thanks for checkin it out!have been looking forward to HTC gear for quite some time.

Dragor-wassup man-i am def. excited bout the upcoming pollen chucking! i am in a rush now to get some of these other cuts goin so i can choose what to throw the pollen at. the gdp will be hit first-its just a cross ive been crackin out on! any thoughts on this? you know what i got. by the way, i harvested that bubblegum tonight-78 days i think,79. bro is coming over tom. will take pics of summawati got goin.

braindead-whats up man? i was just checkin out your thread the other day! love your strains and pics man.

chaco-i know what you mean man! I was just starting to think about doin some home crosses, and really thinkin of what strain i wanted to base them on when i found that skunk ibl thread. saw the pics, remembered them (HTC)from a catalog from back awhile, always wanted to try their stuff. i decided quickly to go with it. good luck with it.

Last edited:

Dragor

GDP x Skunk IBL sounds nice sub but I thought GDP already was a Big Bud (Super Skunk) cross, no? I am sure it won't hurt to cross the Skunk line in again to up the yields - I haven't tried the Genius but if its pineapple flavored sativa it will probably be a really nice F1 - how about try to take that crazy acid taste/smell out of the insanely fueled Schrom by adding some SkIBL's to it! ;) I say just go pollen crazy dude :p

edit - ps. thanks for the Blubonics both of them have sprouted as of tonight! one of them popped with the seed shell still on it, then I noticed the cotyledons weren't opening up so I did micro surgery and removed the inner waxy shell that was keeping the coty's together - will keep u posted on their progress. Congrats on pulling that beastly Bubblegum! I can't wait for the updates on her *begins drooling*

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just dont follow the theory that GDP is p. erkle x big bud. weve had her for a bit now, hydro and organic, and i know how to grow em big when i want, and i have yet to get her big-not even close! the only way p. erkle could yield less was if you lost bud from your stash as a penalty for growing her! lol-so i am more inclined to the school of thought they are sisters. im not even sure about them being diff. phenos of same strain. people up north who know more then me say no bigbud in there at all.
schrom might be a nice mix-lemonskunk,mmmhhhh

Awsome shots Sub, I really like the Grape ape I dont usually care for most purple strains but that looks DANK...you and your bro have some skills..what kind of nutes,soil,lighting are you using?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hg101-howdy and thanks. i think of purple strains in two catagories-cali purples and old school purples. the old schools i remember from the 80's and they were all(what ive seen and smoked) very heavy scented, almost perfume like. i could say incense, but not real incense(nag ch etc.), the kind you buy at the gas station or head shop filled with preservatives and chemicals.
the cali's(not being cali elitist-just how i think of it) are all very grapey, wine, sweet type purple thing goin on-and powerful as hell. def. better in my mind.
anyways...babbling again, thanks for stoppin by.....sub

EDIT: oh yeah-the grape ape and anything in this thread labelled organic was grown under either a 400w or 600w, using canna soil and canna bio nutes.100% OMRI certified organic(vegan actually-though neither of us is vegan, or vegetarian for that matter) anything labelled hydro was grown in rockwool cubes withthe canna substra nutes and canna bio boost

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well its been awhile. was hoping to have some awesome pics with my new badass camera-but still learning the damn thing and only have a few worth showing so far. here we go....
----- first-the only decent shot i got of a local strain called K-11. it is supposed to be bubbleberry x indian genetics. will get more pics soon-

----next, a couple shots of bubblegum nugs from T.H. seeds

----some skunk seedlings from HTC

----will post more pics soon-as soon as i figure out how to take good pics.....sub

H

Hazeseeker

The K-11 is looking awesome Sub, pics from the new camera are looking sweet as well, is it an SLR camera?

Peace :rasta:
Hazeseeker

burn586

Damn sub, some mighty fine pics you have there. Let me know if you ever need a tester. You know, just to be sure they're safe for you. Just lookin out. Hahaha

G

grapepunched

Sub -

Just poppin' in to say hey :wave: and think your garden is as dank as EVER!

Nice selection, you weren't kiddin' when you said you were FULL eh??? k+

-gp

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Nice shots as always there Sub!!! By the way, which of the Cali purps is your personal fav. and gets the most rotation?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks everyone. will def. have some more pics soon, hopefully on par with all the ones my bro took for me!
--hazeseeker, ya the k11 smells SSIIIIIICCCKKKK! i may give her another run in the future-all depends on the finish. and ya, the cam is a canon eos xt slr or something like that. far more advanced than i am!!!
--burn-how generous of you! always lookin out right?
--gp-sup man? always a pleasure to hear from you
--rainman-waassuupp-always good to hear from you too. without question, my favorite is the GDP. it does not yeild as well as the others(have not grown p urkle-but bros have) but when considering taste, aroma, and high, it is actually the best IMO of urkle, gdp, grape ape, mendo purps, though the sr71 purple kush was bomb ass too. only time i smoked her, mind was already dulled by many other samples same day(just like k11) i would have to say i need to check her out in more detail.

Rainman

Veteran
Sub - I agree with your opinion as well! I like the others alot but for my growing and smoking pleasure the GDP is a fav of mine. I have several diff versions i am gonna do a side by side comparison of in the future for the best cut. The SR-71 is bomb too!! Still wanna try the Purple Indica and Purple Afgan at some point. Thanks for the info and I am gonna be pullin up and chair for this grow!! Good luck and peace!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks titoon-stop by anytime!

-rain-so where do you fall on the argument that gdp is p urk x big bud? i find that very hard to believe. no big bud at all imo

G

grapepunched

GDP has no big bud in it as far as my eyes can discern...
You see Big YEILD? I don't... And that IS the tell-tale sign of Big Bud, an unarguable FACT... GDP has a much hashier taste than Big Bud, I should know as I have Big Bud in my garden... doesn't look ANYWHERE near the same....

And the FLAVOR,,, MY GAWD,,, MUCH STRONGER and a pronounced coffee grape flavor that sits on your pallette for a good while after smokin'...If anything, Erkle and GDP have the same mom and different fathers? Maybe the GDP is a cross of Goofy Grape and a Bubba esque father such as Black Domina or some other hashy indica... No big yield though, Erkle has same type of grape flavor with no coffee but a sweetness to her similar to samples of Lifesaver from ole' BOG I've tasted...

Just some speculation.... what do ya think rob?

-gp

Edit: A close friend of mine grew a strain called "Goofy Grape" back in the mid 90's... He claims to be so familiar with the Goofy Grape that he argues it probably has a hand in the creations of GDP and Erkle... Goofy Grape was confirmed by other friends of mine, particularly in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of CO, to be a grape flavored indica with remarkably dense bud structure and a small to medium yeild... Someone should research the Goofy Grape, I know it exists / existed...

Last edited:

Rainman

Veteran
Rob - I dont know about that one but I have heard from old growers and people who supposedly know that it was a cross of the Erkle with a Salmon Creek Big Bud. This pheno of the big bud having certain qualities in taste but not the Big Bud production you would expect from the name. Thats what I hear but who really knows at this point. Also the SR-71 PK is supposed to be a cross of the real PK and something else if I am not mistaken. I will say a version will always be welcome in my garden but I am looking to cross my PK with some of the more potent strains for shits and giggles to see what hatches. Heres my list of upcoming crosses I wanna get done.

PK x Herijuana
PK x Hash Plant
PK x Sourbubble
GDP x Hash Plant
GDP x Ortega

I want to increase the potency while keeping that lucious flavor intact. Prolly try to do the GDP x Hash Plant this fall.