What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Subrob Hash

kro-magnon

Veteran
Good morning. Been awhile. But I've smoked thru all my hash while waiting for the weather to cool off for winter here. Which it's not really doing this year.
Broke out the screens anyway. Still have leaf in freezer from the last big turkey bag I picked up. A mix of leaf from a few different, selected cuts of Relentless genetics. Most obvious being the (either) trop cherry or cherry cookies. The leaf still smells like cherry grape candy.
Yesterday I got back into it and did a few grams.

It's probably not going to get much cure, as I'm out. So I cleaned it pretty well. Pulled a half gram of kief out at one stage and hand pressed really quick. Very sticky and w no cure, retained the cherry taste and smell. Still potent as hell. Smoked a bowl, did not have "full melt" going on, it cherries up and keeps burning.
So the other 2.5g got considerable more cleaning. Attempted old school static w a DVD case and parchment paper. Don't know if it was temp or humidity, but was clumping up, so I just returned to old fashioned brushing and bouncing on the 220 lpi until the microscope showed me more heads (and that it's time for deep clean of screens). This is what I got. It's GLASSY this morning w all the oil seeping out.
Used my rosin press at 93-97°F, 20-30 seconds at a time, repeated 5 times, in between extensive hand working. The smell of hash made from relentless plants is insane. The richness of pipe tobacco comes to mind.
View attachment 18934658
This is a beautiful piece of haschich, it must be so enjoyable to smoke. What method do you prefer to collect the resin glands, dry sift or ice-o-lator?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my fzj80 shipped out from California. Arrived this morning. Been stored for 3 years after I moved. Time to get my hands too dirty to fuck w hashish for a few days😂. So stoked!

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_103133598_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231219_103133598_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50

d333gs

I do dry sift. Used to do bubble hash. But now prefer the screens.
And thank you!
Hi Subrob, I prefer dry sift too and make it each year. the last batch was from White Widow but I have various strains . in the end most are about the same if I harvest at 20% amber. In terms of colour ,I consistently get cool blonde vs a warm blonde or brown which I would like. What are you making your hash from? What sive size ate you using? What colour are you getting?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Subrob, I prefer dry sift too and make it each year. the last batch was from White Widow but I have various strains . in the end most are about the same if I harvest at 20% amber. In terms of colour ,I consistently get cool blonde vs a warm blonde or brown which I would like. What are you making your hash from? What sive size ate you using? What colour are you getting?
Hi. I use the 90, 110, and 220 LPI screens
Most of what I screen is leaf n larf from another grower(and icmag member), so I can't really speak to % of amber.
As far as color of hash, I believe there are a number of factors. First being genetics. Also, how much I work the hash, if and how much heat I use while I'm working it also.

d333gs

All right i do my best...
In general i would suggest that Spain has, due it's close geographical location to morocco, the best hash in Europe or at least for the best price.
Quality ranges a lot... If we talking about a small organisation or private persons, they normally buy there stuff pressed and with mixed qualitys f.E 73u/120u/major part 160u.
The next level is to buy go from farm to farm and just buy loose kief of the quality you like and then get it pressed... This makes the better quality and its for the comercial market mostly a mix of 120u and 160 in a more or less 50:50 ratio.
Then we have the First Class wich goes in the direction of your stuff.. Mostly melting, sometimes even fullmelt. Moroccon Hash normally has a bit of curing, as its mostly too hot to transport without quality loss. So it breaks often "cake-like", the last one i tried was the Papaya Sunset, a first class with claimed 55% THC.
Prices last season in Morocco was about : 8k a box for the standart, 11k for the good stuff and 16k for the first class.
In our "social clubs" you can buy all qualities, the firstclass for about 15 Euro a g.
So yeah it depends on the region of Europe what quality you're able to source.
In Spain it's not a big deal to find some good stuff, even when its easier in the south then in the really north.

Saludos!
Novice question: How are you curing hash? After pressing or before? Thanks!
I have been making sift for a while . I just cart the trichomes into a plastic bag and press it . It is usually fine like that; smells great , is soft and smokes nicely. I have warmed the press on occasion but that was needed only when I got too much leaf dust in the sift.

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Static Collection for full melt. Very time consuming Pain in the ass method lol. I was reading that Bubbleman uses a Plasma Static method?. I'd like to see that.

Excellent video. I actually have a comment on there saying it's one of the simplest and best vids I've seen on the subject. Lol. Forgot about that one.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Novice question: How are you curing hash? After pressing or before? Thanks!
I have been making sift for a while . I just cart the trichomes into a plastic bag and press it . It is usually fine like that; smells great , is soft and smokes nicely. I have warmed the press on occasion but that was needed only when I got too much leaf dust in the sift.
I've seen people cure both ways. I like curing after pressing. In my limited experience, and from what I've read, it develops different chemical compounds or.... reactions that, for me, increase medicinal effects.
As far as heating, I'm trying to figure out if decarbing before cure further increases those medicinal effects for me.

d333gs

I've seen people cure both ways. I like curing after pressing. In my limited experience, and from what I've read, it develops different chemical compounds or.... reactions that, for me, increase medicinal effects.
As far as heating, I'm trying to figure out if decarbing before cure further increases those medicinal effects for me.
Thanks, And how do you cure your hash?

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor

While the info out there is somewhat sketchy, the terpene hashishene is created during the hash making process through "photo-oxidation". See Hashishene, the new terpene of cannabis

Like you, I think the heat and pressure that is used to form the sifted powder into hash is really important in the process. Aging finishes this blending of the mass and it further refines the flavor throughout, creating a smoother smoke.

Thanks, And how do you cure your hash?

And while goat skins are readily available on Amazon, I wrap mine in cellophane. I ball the hash and tightly wrap it and keep the balls in sealed 1 oz glass jars in a cool & dark drawer.

storage-curing.jpg

d333gs

While the info out there is somewhat sketchy, the terpene hashishene is created during the hash making process through "photo-oxidation". See Hashishene, the new terpene of cannabis

Like you, I think the heat and pressure that is used to form the sifted powder into hash is really important in the process. Aging finishes this blending of the mass and it further refines the flavor throughout, creating a smoother smoke.

And while goat skins are readily available on Amazon, I wrap mine in cellophane. I ball the hash and tightly wrap it and keep the balls in sealed 1 oz glass jars in a cool & dark drawer.

View attachment 18939721
Lol! Looks good, soft......And your ball is from sifting? My sift below

Attachments

• IMG_6399.jpeg
    IMG_6399.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent video. I actually have a comment on there saying it's one of the simplest and best vids I've seen on the subject. Lol. Forgot about that one.
I've tried it a few times, but it took forever. I couldn't tell any difference in the high. Fullmelt and flav yes..