What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
What is the source of the :

"15mg THC/g of butter"

It looks like a good place to start doing the math.

1 lb Butter = 453 grams * 15 = 6795 mg

That would be .2394 ounce of weed / .15 (% THC I'm weed) = 1.596 oz weed

So that means you Butter could absorb up to 1.6 oz of weed per pound.

This seems about right.
Check my math

Peace
I really dont remember exactly. I looked at the recipes for putting bho into edibles.
I remember looking up disp. dosages and decarb charts.

This chart was what made it all add up though.
http://cannabischris.com/2012/10/decarboxylation-of-cannabis/

On all the decarb charts I saw it topped out at 15mg/g, then looking at dispo. dosages I noticed they were all like 300mg thc or 150 mg thc. It just seemed like the 15/g was a rule. I just found it too many places. I had to just accept it and try it out. Like everything I looked at was basically in line with this ratio.

Kinda the same thing with the leaf material/butter ratio.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
This is so far off. 1 stick (8oz) of butter will more than absorb 1.6oz of plant material. Heck, half a stick (4oz) will absorb more than 1.6oz of bud.

I've made brownies with less butter and more thc than that without any issue (except no one wants to eat them). :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure what they mean is pure THC, by weight. Which means you'd need several pounds of flowers to get to ounces of pure THC - similar to making hash.

I think a better way to figure this out would be to determine the count of fat molecules by a given volume (molar weight) in a stick of butter. Then determine the average molecular value of thc in a typical production plant. Assuming a 1 to 1 binding ratio (unless theres something showing multiple bonding sites on the fat molecule) you could then figure out how much pot is needed to reach saturation.

Where I am from 1 stick of butter is 4 oz or 113g and only 58g of saturated fat. Fwiw

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
O.K. Off by a decimal point...

O.K. Off by a decimal point...

I checked my math and I was off by a decimal point, soooo

That would be 15.96 ounces of weed per pound of butter.

So 1 for 1 it is with 15 % Thc

That's good to know !

Thanks ShishKaboy :party: I think that puts my absorption worry so to rest.

Ha I've still got a bunch of CocoCanna Oil processed.

Next batch I am definitely going to bump it up.

Hoy Hoy

Dready_jake

Sure would be helpful if all Christians realized there were recipes to Cook cannabis in their bible lol:D
And yes I too use a very similar method minus the sashes typically. I hate the earthy chlorophyll taste but get lazy when butter time comes around and maybe do one wash. I know itll taste better each wash but its already solid and ready to cook lol :D I'm ocd about most things like my plants and growroom. lazy about some others like miltj washing butter lol

Dready_jake

And I eat over 1000mg of THC according to the labels on dispensary edibles. You can't get potent enough for me. Lol but recreational beginner dose is under 10 mg of thc so I have to eat 100 times that to get high. Damn dabs lol. Its a tradeoff

Flygpapper

Thanks for sharing this recipie! Ive done it 2 times and works good as hell.
2nd time was yesterday and did it with 2oz with craapy weed. Im on my 2nd extraction and it sits to cool down. 1st time were a blast, did some peanutfudge cookies and they didnt taste any weed at all, just fudge. My tips are:*the longer you boil forst time makes it stronger. *more extractions makes it taste less weed. And it works 100%

namaste1

thanks a bunch for sharing! so cooking in the crockpot for 8 hours decarbs it? do you notice the effect to be sleepy and tired or trippy and psychedelic? just dont want the effect to be groggy and a downer, i'm guessing i've used to high of heat in the past...........namaste

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I checked my math and I was off by a decimal point, soooo

That would be 15.96 ounces of weed per pound of butter.

So 1 for 1 it is with 15 % Thc

That's good to know !

Thanks ShishKaboy :party: I think that puts my absorption worry so to rest.

Ha I've still got a bunch of CocoCanna Oil processed.

Next batch I am definitely going to bump it up.

Hoy Hoy

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You put a pound of weed into a pound of butter?

LOL I think you got more than a decimal point off.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I think you might be right LyRyc

I think you might be right LyRyc

I think it might take some experimentation.

Now that I think about it, I couldn't even fit a pound in my machine.

Ha Ha....

I'll try and figure it out when I'm not stoned. :woohoo:

BubbaBear

Whats the most weed you guys have used per stick or pound of butter? Im looking to make some insanely potent butter or coconut oil actually to use in capsules. Id like to use a QP of trim per stick, does anyone have experience using amounts like this? Is it possible to get a good extract using such a small amount of oil? Im concerned about it not being enough oil to come in contact with the THC to extract it. Im thinking finely grind the herb, add water, heat, stir frequently and use a 25 micron silkscreen and a potato ricer to get every drop of oil out of the bud, Im not sure how long l should cook for or at what temperature, any tips from the experienced are greatly appreciated, thanks.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Whats the most weed you guys have used per stick or pound of butter? Im looking to make some insanely potent butter or coconut oil actually to use in capsules. Id like to use a QP of trim per stick, does anyone have experience using amounts like this? .

well when I made butter, I used 1oz of primo (sdkush) buds, to '2' sticks (8oz) of unsalted butter, plus a pinch of cinnamon.. into the crock pot for an 8hr cooking... after 1hr when I was stirring it, I threw in another '2' large buds , as well as some kif ..not sure of the amounts.. after '3' drainings of the water, I made cookies... I used 44grams of butter for 11 cookies..

I ate one, and it was one of my worse experiences of my life... I was 'fuk'd'... I couldn't move... very unpleasant...

so I guess I way overloaded the cookies with the butter...

Dready_jake

Whats the most weed you guys have used per stick or pound of butter? Im looking to make some insanely potent butter or coconut oil actually to use in capsules. Id like to use a QP of trim per stick, does anyone have experience using amounts like this? Is it possible to get a good extract using such a small amount of oil? Im concerned about it not being enough oil to come in contact with the THC to extract it. Im thinking finely grind the herb, add water, heat, stir frequently and use a 25 micron silkscreen and a potato ricer to get every drop of oil out of the bud, Im not sure how long l should cook for or at what temperature, any tips from the experienced are greatly appreciated, thanks.

The longer the better and I put as much as I have into as little "oil" as possible.

Water helps with the large amounts as it helps keeps things moving and doesn't extract anything good.(just bad flavors)

BubbaBear

Has anyone compared doing a long low temp cook verses a shorter high temp cook? I read somewhere someone having great results fallowing the decarb chart and only doing a 30 minute 252 f degree cook. I tried the crockpot method for 8 hours with a QP and two sticks of butter and it did a good extract but the oil was darker than id like it and it had a heavy couch lock high it seemed like a lot of the THC converted to CBN from being heated for so long..

G

I would like to try the butter on toast with Vegemite, would a reasonable amount spread over a slice be a sufficient dose?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Has anyone compared doing a long low temp cook verses a shorter high temp cook? I read somewhere someone having great results fallowing the decarb chart and only doing a 30 minute 252 f degree cook. I tried the crockpot method for 8 hours with a QP and two sticks of butter and it did a good extract but the oil was darker than id like it and it had a heavy couch lock high it seemed like a lot of the THC converted to CBN from being heated for so long..

Fast decarb is better, based on my the research I have done.
I use the "skepler method" of decarbing.

BubbaBear

So you decarb the bud for 30 minutes at 252f in the oven, then cook the bud in oil for 3 hours to extract the THC into the coconut oil? What temperature do you cook it at?