What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stupid Potent Butter With Minimal Trim

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Does the cinnamon really make a noticeable difference in potency?

Does soy lecithin help with extracting the THC into the butter or does it only help with absorbing the THC into your system?

some swear by it.. I see/find/feel/taste no difference but maybe I didn't put enough in.. if ya want more potent... eat 2x.

dono bout lecithin.

RB56

Veteran
An emulsifier like lecithin will make it more difficult if you're cooking fat and water together and counting on them separating when chilled.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Making some GingerSnaps right now!

Making some GingerSnaps right now!

I am using 2 oz of Canna Cocnut Oil in a regular package of Betty Crocker Gingerbread mix with two tablespoons of flour.

Makes 2 dozen, I will be looking for testers.

I'm using CannaCoco Oil for the first time so I want to get the dosage right.

I have enough for about eight more batches.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The Cookies are done ..

The Cookies are done ..

Here is the Mix I used:

picture.php

Here are the Cookies:

picture.php

Looking for some testers!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I was a stone oatmeal cookie fan... now.. chocolate cherry, like eating brownie tops w cherry bits.. too sweet for some but these...
you only need to, if you're smart, eat one...
made another batch with ghee, ate the whole batch in one day.

and I do have one of those ginger bread mixes on hand too.

Attachments

• chocolate cherry.jpg
    chocolate cherry.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 11

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I am using 2 oz of Canna Cocnut Oil in a regular package of Betty Crocker Gingerbread mix with two tablespoons of flour.

Makes 2 dozen, I will be looking for testers.

I'm using CannaCoco Oil for the first time so I want to get the dosage right.

I have enough for about eight more batches.
420, how much cannabis did you put into those 2oz of of canna coconut oil, when you made it??

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I made 24 oz of CocoCanna Oil

I made 24 oz of CocoCanna Oil

420, how much cannabis did you put into those 2oz of of canna coconut oil, when you made it??

So I think I put in 3 ounces of Bud. But I really don't remember.

We'll find out :party: soon... How well it works

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'm a lightweight,,,, and intend to stay that way. lol
I use 2-3 oz of trim to produce 1 cup of Ghee....
or 1 ounce of good bud to make 1 cup of Ghee.
Mostly I only want 1/2 of a cookies for the afternoon/evening.

flour
sugar
brown sugar
vanilla
salt
chocolat to taste
1 cup of canna budder

Each batch makes 50-60 cookies.

I leave the 'taste' in. Don't want anyone to question what they're eating.

Wanna get Really F'd up? Keep eating...... or NOT. Normal take offs occur in 1-1 1/4 hours. Add what you need in 1 1/2 hours. Keeping in mind this is NOT a 30 minute buzz.

ZZtops' sweet canna budder 1-2-3, thread.. how to

showthread.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=253112[/IMG

link not working
[url]https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=253112[/url]

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It's almost 4:20

It's almost 4:20

Just ate a Cookie :biggrin: I might try 2 tonight.

Time to smoke some Critical Kush :party:,a friend of mine indicated they were not as strong as the last batch.
Having another tester verify that.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
im sure there is a point where the butter cant hold anymore thc but i dont know what it is and this is my 2nd time trying this so im learning as i go.

i didnt like the taste last time so my theory was make it more potent and use very little canna-butter in my cookies. im going to try a small piece first so i dont end up in the er like you.

i didnt care much for either bud and no longer grow them so it was a good way to get more experience making butter and dispose of several ounces.

peace

I am doing an experiment on this now.
http://www.rollitup.org/t/non-decarboxylated-butter.862793/

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very Interesting

Very Interesting

What is the source of the :

"15mg THC/g of butter"

It looks like a good place to start doing the math.

1 lb Butter = 453 grams * 15 = 6795 mg

That would be .2394 ounce of weed / .15 (% THC I'm weed) = 1.596 oz weed

So that means you Butter could absorb up to 1.6 oz of weed per pound.

This seems about right.
Check my math

Peace

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
What kind of fat are you using

What kind of fat are you using

That would mean I've been wasting 2.4 oz of weed per pound of fat.

I have been using Coconut Oil as it has a Higher fat content.

I would really like to confirm the source of the 15mg to 1 gram of butter quote

Peace

Last edited:

RB56

Veteran
I have been using Coconut Oil as it has a Higher fat content.

I would really like to confirm the source of the 15% quote

Peace

I'm using Coconut oil as well. 1 oz bud to 4 oz coconut oil. I am almost positive I first tried 1/2 as much weed and it was noticeably less potent. That would be 2 oz/lb fat, still above the threshold so it should be indistinguishable from 4 oz/lb fat. Worth trying again to verify.

hermdog

I've done two batches of edibles now since I began growing.
Both times using all my sugar trim and a half ounce of whatever strain is most potent of the grow. I only use enough coconut oil to cover the material then I give it about 6-8 hours before I strain the oil out.
I decarb all the material for around 20 minutes before heading to the crockpot as well.

I don't have temperatures on hand, but I follow the old decarbing chart and keep the temperatures from getting too high. It's worked very well for me.

I have a habit of taking highs to the extreme, just for the experience itself.
Four 2.5 inch cookies makes sitting on the couch seem like an extreme sport once they kick in. Not visually psychedelic but hearing wise every sound seems as if it's swirling around my head.

After my first batch of cookies was finished off my chronic insomnia came back; what I most often use cannabis to treat.
Frustrated after being awake over two days, I took the roughly four ounces of leftover canna-coconut oil from my fridge, dropped into a pot on the stove and melted it, I poured in a bit of chocolate syrup and an equal to the amount of oil in soy milk.

Mixed it as best it would, .. not very well, I might add, and chugged it down and went to bed.

Not 15 minutes later I was the highest I've ever been in my life.
An hour in it felt like I was in freefall and for the next 30 hours I slipped in and out of sleep, every time waking to the same intense, all encompassing high.

As a psychedelic experience, there's nothing of mental value to take away from it, like there might be with psilocybin, but if there's a drug that can get you high longer than this, I don't want to know.

The proceeding day I had all the energy I needed to move into my new house. :biggrin:

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
"15mg THC/g of butter"

It looks like a good place to start doing the math.

1 lb Butter = 453 grams * 15 = 6795 mg

That would be .2394 ounce of weed / .15 (% THC I'm weed) = 1.596 oz weed

So that means you Butter could absorb up to 1.6 oz of weed per pound.

This is so far off. 1 stick (8oz) of butter will more than absorb 1.6oz of plant material. Heck, half a stick (4oz) will absorb more than 1.6oz of bud.

I've made brownies with less butter and more thc than that without any issue (except no one wants to eat them). :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure what they mean is pure THC, by weight. Which means you'd need several pounds of flowers to get to ounces of pure THC - similar to making hash.

I think a better way to figure this out would be to determine the count of fat molecules by a given volume (molar weight) in a stick of butter. Then determine the average molecular value of thc in a typical production plant. Assuming a 1 to 1 binding ratio (unless theres something showing multiple bonding sites on the fat molecule) you could then figure out how much pot is needed to reach saturation.

Latest posts

Latest posts