What's new

Stuff!:D

captain planet

Veteran
Who shot who in the what now..... After many years of just tossing them in and throwin in cages, (and one year attempting to just let them grow wild.... Until I tried to stake what I could) I'm just trying to learn more about proper mater pruning..... So far I'm just removing growth below the first flower buds, no bud pruning for me.

Let he who hath eyes see! I'm just getting thru the fog .....

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
yes rr i do , valid. used in a sentence. his wife had a valid resone for casterating him.

Very good usage jw!!

hey a question for you mator heads, do you cull any of the mators on a bloom cluster ?

Depends. Growing in the ground out in the open, no
Growing in a patio type pot, depends on size of plant, size of fruit, number of fruit in the cluster. If they are large fruits with a smallish root ball, yeah it wouldn't hurt to toss one so the others take advantage of growing conditions. If they are the small fruits, then no I wouldn't worry about removing any.

Grizz

Veteran
im getting 3 to 5 mators per bloom set, plants about 3 ft tall in a 5gl pot, probably has about 20 to 25 mators now, there not getting real big, ate a ripe one today and some green ones last week, just wondering if culling some would let the others get bigger ?

resinryder

Veteran
Yeah it would. You gonna have a hell of a time keeping that 5 gal pot wet here in another few weeks or so.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im still getting away with 50 gallons or less a day between the veggie gardens and the landscaping but we shall see in a few weeks,not as hot here as that hellhole you live in,it gets frickin hot there! never seen it over 110 here,you guys get lots of that...even just the one vent from the house swamp cooler running into flower is keeping 3800w cool just fine now in the mid 90's where it will spend the bulk of the summer,a perfect 75 in there,and actual humidity too,like 30%!

Grizz

Veteran
got a gravity feed 5 gl bucket slow dripping into it rr, havent used it yet but its ready for satans visit and you know hes coming soon

resinryder

Veteran
Good setup for the mater plant jw If they are getting enough water and aren't root bound you may not need to remove any from the bloom clusters. Sunshine, water, and root space are what they love. Would give some cal mag or add some Epsom Salt into the plant to ward off blossom end rot tho. Nothing'll piss you off more than seeing those purty maders start rotting on the bottoms as they start to turn red.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it was a half and half day,managed to get some stuff done but someone lamed out on an appointment this morning...i did manage to get my 200 dollar cactus home intact...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evenin stuffers and stuffet :wave:
JW ya may need to keep an eye on them maters if you are gonna drip feed. I've seen em bust from to much rain here.
Unc you still bitchin about w@^k ?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evenin stuffers and stuffet :wave:
JW ya may need to keep an eye on them maters if you are gonna drip feed. I've seen em bust from to much rain here.
Unc you still bitchin about w@^k ?
nope,bitching about something though:biggrin: my whole life goal was to grow up to be a curmudgeon so i could yell at kids about getting in my yard and i think im on a fine path to being a cranky old man!