What's new

Stronger light in flowering stage...

S-V-K

I have tried to search but didn't find answer.

At the moment I'm using 250W dual spectrum in flowering but penetration isn't best so I was thinking to add stronger light. Due to heat and electricity bill I would like to add stronger light only for couple of weeks.

Is there any point to add 400/600W light for 2-4 weeks ?

If yes,which weeks are best (10 week flowering plant) to increase the light intensity ?

Thank you for your help

nukklehead

IMO you could see a nice yield increase by running a 4 or 6 the last 3-4 weeks of flower. Have a buddy who runs 4 for veg then 6 for flower and I think it makes a difference for him.

kln

if you're decided to upgrade do it asap, ofc they would benefit earliest as possible if you would use them till harvest, if you're not i would say stretch phase and final weeks, but i've never been in such a situation.

S-V-K

IMO you could see a nice yield increase by running a 4 or 6 the last 3-4 weeks of flower. Have a buddy who runs 4 for veg then 6 for flower and I think it makes a difference for him.

if you're decided to upgrade do it asap, ofc they would benefit earliest as possible if you would use them till harvest, if you're not i would say stretch phase and final weeks, but i've never been in such a situation.

@nukklehead Many thanks for help :) That's what I had in my mind but I'm open to all suggestions.

I will go with 400W for sure. Just them weeks to figure out :)

@KLN - I have only one in flowering (2nd week) so you say to go with stronger light for let say 2 weeks after flip to 12/12 and then 2 weeks before harvest ?

Tony Sativa

More light the better but it all depends on a few things

What size grow square footage space you have and how tall is it ?
How big and tall of plants your growing after the stretch ?
What's the biggest light you can use and still keep the temps good and are you planning on using AC and or a air cooled reflector ?

S-V-K

More light the better but it all depends on a few things

What size grow square footage space you have and how tall is it ?
How big and tall of plants your growing after the stretch ?
What's the biggest light you can use and still keep the temps good and are you planning on using AC and or a air cooled reflector ?
Many thanks for reply.I do not plan to use air condition.
My set up- 6" cooltube with 250 dual spec bulb for flowering+80watts from custom led panels,fan is rated at 750cfm(i have controller so it doesn't run full pelt all the time).space is 500mm x 1000mm x 350mm (this is a free space for plant to grow in). Method is dwc with screen(scrog). Temps are usually sround 26C but summer temps can go as hi as 29C.