What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Street Art

wizoo

Veteran
found another one that might fit in here :)

LangweileDich.net_Bilderparade_CCXXXIV_71.jpg

Minister

Hot damn, what a great thread. Please let me share a little something.
I have no credits to any of he artists but a lot of respect and admiration.
The rat, I believe, had his older xxxxl brother posing earlier on.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

wizoo

Veteran
and also, this one HAS to be mentioned here:
Alexandre Fart aka Vhils

this guy scratches his art on/out of surfaces like wall plaster... check it out!

Greek%20Street.jpg

IMG_2213%20Ian%20Cox%20No%20Watermark_16.jpg

Cans%20Festival%20Pic2.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

muro-02.jpg

with the burning street light from above, the angles of the "shadows" on the face are pretty realistic.

wizoo

Veteran
Street Art by Skurktur in Norway

Street-Art-by-Skurktur-Norway.jpg

By Kobra - In São Paulo, Brazil

By-Kobra-in-S%C3%A3o-Paulo-Brazil-1.jpg

Hellow! - By Oakoak

Street-Art-by-Oakoak-23958732.jpeg

Antoine Stevens & Steve Locatelli - In Antwerpen

Street-Art-in-Antwerpen-Belgium-1.jpg

unknown:

Resistance.jpg

herbalistRoots

medicamento

medicamento

Yulia Brodskaya

yuliabrodskaya.jpg

Buenos Aires Sept. 2011

buenosairessept2011.jpg

Unknown Artist Berlin June 2011

unknownartistberlinjune.jpg

Sao Paulo

saopauloi.jpg

Ganja over cigarettes, Life over death

cigs.jpg

herbalistRoots

Big Up Bob

Big Up Bob

Otto Schade in East London
ottoschadeineastlondon.jpg

Rio di Janeiro
riogl.jpg

lovism.jpg

Thierry Guetta a.k.a. Mr. Brainwash (MBW)
thierryguettaakamrbrain.jpg

Trib-dirt - Rennes (France)
tribdirtrennesfrance.jpg

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
San Francisco, California
Street art by Ricardo Richey

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Last edited:

herbalistRoots

Anamorphic art

Anamorphic art

Boa Mistura crew in Sao Paulo (Brazil) participated in a project in the favelas, Beauty, Pride, Gracia, Firmness, Love were the 5 words that decorated narrow streets of the Favela Vila Brasilandia in Sao Paulo. Boa Mistura’s project Luz Nas Vielas has been carried out in Vila Brasilândia, São Paulo, during January 2012. The project is part of the Crossroads series: Boa Mistura’s participative urban art interventions to modify rundown communities using art as a tool for change and inspiration. His dialogue with residents and their active participation has been decisive for the Project. Beleza, Firmeza, Amor, Docura and Orgulho are the concepts chosen by the collective for the interventions.

boamistura.jpg

Julian Beever
snailpt.jpg

28 Millimeters, Women Are Heroes
Action in Kibera Slum, General View, Kenya, 2009

The Women Are Heroes project has various steps in Africa, in Kenya, Sierra Leone, Liberia and Sudan.

In January 2009, 2000 square meters of rooftops are covered with photos of the eyes and faces of the women of Kibera, in Kenya. Most of the women have their own photos on their own rooftop and for the first time the material used is water resistant so that the photo itself will protect the fragile houses in the heavy rain season.

With the eyes on the train, the bottom half of the their faces ware pasted on corrugated sheets on the slope that leads down from the tracks to the rooftops. The idea being that for the split second the train passes, their eyes match their smiles and their faces are complete.

jrinkenya.jpg

Ninja1~ In this series there were also other DJ gear in Turin, Italy. "In these times we are surrounded by a kind of communication which tends to (and sadly is able to) influence social lifestyle, presenting a presumed truth in capital letters, concentrating the possible user's attention on something's values, to the point of hiding its evident flaws beyond remedy. All this provokes in me the unstoppable desire to tantalize the visual apparatus."
Hence, Ninja1 takes a stab at the fun game of anamorphisms, with the intention of recreating an illusion which goes beyond human physiology, presenting an image which does not consist of the form in which it is perceived.
The trick is to show the object from the right angle, without giving the spectator too much freedom: by simply moving a few inches the illusion is dissolved. And reality reveals to be not so fascinating, after all.
ninja1lf.jpg

aerial photo of a field in Kansas planted with sunflowers (yellow), soy (dark green), red clover (light green)
sunflowerartinkansas.jpg

THC4SIM

Thanks to all the guys posting some great art, im glad i found this thread..
ill see if there is any good street-art knocking about while in amsterdam for 420..

Keep up the great post's!

:biggrin:

W

Womble

love that Women Are Heroes piece herbalistroots!...thanks for posting some amazing work up in here :tiphat:

opiumo

Veteran
Russian Takes a Private Moon on a Journey Around the World

Russian Takes a Private Moon on a Journey Around the World

This might not qualify as Street Art but hey, i dont think any of you guys mind me posting this here.

private-moon-leonid-tishkov-1.jpg

Finding her place in the most unexpected settings, the moon has been shot by different photographers.
Leonid often relates his performance to poetry: “Poetry is born in the image.
Before placing a Private moon in a place that I like, I look at it for a very long time.
Often this is the place that I see as the basis of the poem.
The world is beautiful around us, you just lluminate it with the light of poetry!
And for me, the light of the moon is the perfect poetry.

- http://smashinglane.com/russian-takes-a-private-moon-on-a-journey-around-the-world/

private-moon-leonid-tishkov-3.jpg

private-moon-leonid-tishkov-5.jpg

private-moon-leonid-tishkov-8.jpg

private-moon-leonid-tishkov-7.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts