What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strawberry Cough

KONY

Veteran
I cant get the strawberry cough cut i have to come out the way ive seen it in other peoples gardens.. Im culling it.
When done right its great smoke ..
Grows a lot of larf And takes closer to 10 weeks than 9..
N it grows all wierd like a bonzai tree or vine..
I have seen it done proper n its fire but i
Give up on it... Cause around my way nobody wants cough anyway

I think we have flowered her about 15 separate times, only 1 or maybe 2 times did it come out amazing chunky nugs, all the other times it had nice trich coverage and tasted real nice, left that funk in the air, but the buds are soo whispy its all mostly hash material.

I passed her to a friend and he made kksc x sd ibl seeds with her, from those I found a really nice kksc flavor dominant pheno, but it grows like SD and has SD potency, which isnt much but is much more than the mom. This "strawberry diesel" is so much easier to grow, compared to mom, it has a much better chance of nice nugs.

Apache Kush

ive been growing kyle kushman Strawberry Cream (straw cough x cream) for about 3 years now. hands down the BEST smoke ive ever had the opportunity to smoke in 20 years. smooth strawberry on inhale, smooth cream on exhale. check out Beds and Roses dispensary in Cali. Kyle works closely with them and drops seeds/clones/meds often. if you happen to find Jurassic haze or cherry lopez, PLEASE!!! drop me a line. ive been waiting for 6+ months now.

one of many colas from the SC plant

nice smoke report style'
mmmm berrys and ALSO cream on the exhale does sounds dank :tiphat:
thanks for sharing the dispenrary info maybe I can track it down

DemonTrich

Veteran
thanks

im in the works with another grower about crossing the strawberry cream with my gorilla glue #4 strain (strawberry glue). since both strains are fire, then the cross should be super fire. lol another thing, my SC has more red hairs than Carrot Top.

dutch pharms has a strawberry cough strain.

Apache Kush

omg two epic strains right there!!
I have seen the amazing pics and threads of gg4 and that is some killer looking bud.
Putting them together is like a sharknado of kind bud fire!

Last edited:

DemonTrich

Veteran
im about a yr away from having anything good. this is my 1st go at breeding, so I still have a lot to learn and what not.

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
kksc has great flavor and seems to be dominant flavor for breeding, however everything else about the plant is sub par; grows like a vine instead of a tree; has very low potency, is fairly finicky.

It's great for appetite stimulation; probably its best quality.

Sorry Kony,
KK Strawberry Cough is NOT subpar unless you're sitting on your couch toking a 30% strain all day doing nothing else, or have a Dutch Passion version.... KK just won the cup last year with his Strawberry Cough over all the OG's Cookies, Chem"s, and Glue's. No burnout and no ceiling on this strain.

Peace,
KF

Karmic Farmer

Veteran
I think we have flowered her about 15 separate times, only 1 or maybe 2 times did it come out amazing chunky nugs, all the other times it had nice trich coverage and tasted real nice, left that funk in the air, but the buds are soo whispy its all mostly hash material.

I passed her to a friend and he made kksc x sd ibl seeds with her, from those I found a really nice kksc flavor dominant pheno, but it grows like SD and has SD potency, which isnt much but is much more than the mom. This "strawberry diesel" is so much easier to grow, compared to mom, it has a much better chance of nice nugs.

Depends what cut you have. There is an old tired cut being passed around. KK got rid of his old cut in favor of one that had been kept in better shape and is rockin the cut now. KK also said she needs full Grow and Bloom nutes through week four of flowering. I'm stoked as I finally got my hands on the much more vigorous cut from a friend of Kyle's.

Peace,
KF

Riddick

I have some seeds to test called Coughing Ethiopian. KKSC x Ethiopian Highland. Should be interesting to see how they grow out.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I also have some of dutch passions kyle kushman strawberry cough ill be popping in a month or so. M kyle kushman strawberry cream has been throwing nanners for a bit at week 7 for a few cycles and will be killed after this run. I cant keep picking nanners and potentially having a crop get dusted. even thou she is a 4+oz per plant strain, its just not worth the hassle any longer. so no strawberry glue cross for me. I don't want to pass a hermie trait to the cross.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TY DemonTrich for doing the right thing w that bloody herm.

I've git some KKSC x Durban Poison as well as a bx of it to KKSC. I'm thinking they should make some real fire.

LMAO at the red hair comment.

ECtraveler

Veteran
Depends what cut you have. There is an old tired cut being passed around. KK got rid of his old cut in favor of one that had been kept in better shape and is rockin the cut now. KK also said she needs full Grow and Bloom nutes through week four of flowering. I'm stoked as I finally got my hands on the much more vigorous cut from a friend of Kyle's.

Peace,
KF

So were they vending the old or new one? Because I picked up KKSC from Buds & Roses last year (may 2013) and it didn't stack up to the rest of my room.

theother

Fwiw The clone that is vended for the most part in nor cal is not by any means legit. Assume it's a seed pheno, heavy yielder strange as fuck smell (strawberry overtones, skunky in your pocket) but the taste high and overall experience is subpar. Went out of my way to grab it and regret it, out of the garden now. Easy to see the difference between kushmans and this one because he has thin sativa leaves this thing is broader leafed and has a real distinct crinkle mutation to the leaves. Run it and you will have moments of elation while you watch it stack and first up, followed by complete disappointment when you smoke it.

LostTribe

Premium user
Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough 4w smelling mostly like original haze at this point, still early. Definitely haze influence, no question.
20240417_152616.jpg

LostTribe