What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strange Slime buildup on roots

Your calling me out for recommending good products? God the troll on these forums are pathetic.. Im no longer giving my advice u can all have fun with your own problems. Fkin disrespectful kids.

No not at all, I am calling you out for recommending the SAME products over and over from the same company and making negative or at best neutral remarks about any other product.

You obviously have an agenda with your recommendations, I have none other than helping anyone who chooses to grow MJ with honest advice and absolutely no profit motive.

If you really want to push this I can quote some of your double talk, up to you. At least be consistent if you are going to run with a line of BS.

doneit

Veteran
Dude, either you have the worst case of selective reading or you just have a screw loose.

Never said anything aimed at RR (where do you see that?), I was only referring to "giftedone" the person constantly pitching the same products and getting highly defensive and childish when called on it.

LOL.. i have been know to have a few screws loose!

I would say that IC has made me defensive the last couple yrs, so much drama and misdirection is unbearable at times..

apologies to you, my mistake

Your use of the word "promoting" is ridiculous. It implies I have some motive or agenda, I do not and never will. You are a different story.

Your statement that I generally recommend NPS "be used in flower" is totally misleading and you know it. You are playing a game to try to piss me off so I will start insulting you and call you names. I'm not playing.

NPS should be avoided in flower but can be used safely prior to any bud development (through week 1) that advice has been very consistent. Dichlorvos dissipates quickly when ventilation is turned back on and only has a half life of 6 hours. It will not be in the finished buds at all IMO. It is dangerous when in use, as I warned about.

I continue to address your statements in detail, you have not done so one time.

I would say that IC has made me defensive the last couple yrs, so much drama and misdirection is unbearable at times..

No worries donit, it's all good.

I apologize for the hijack, just making sure at least a few people see the bias present in the recommendations of this poster.

Unless more ridiculous statements are made, I am done with it for now.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I wasn't gonna go there, but a little later I will prove to all what Giftedone is all about. Its not at all hard to trace his trail on the net. Hes a total newb asking a ton of questions at other websites. Hardly one to dismiss or recommend anything to any grower at this time.

Giftedone, its best to leave at this point because you are going to be embarrassed. You have no point to come here anymore. I will post what you are all about in defense. And to allow each subsequent person who visits this thread to decide for themselves and all the evidence imo shows you for what I called you out from in the beginning. So, do us all a favor and leave. Read the terms of use. If you have nothing further of importance, then do not post. Furthermore, it is against the terms of use to advertise for and post links to product websites. If you want to do so then request and pay for an advertising membership. Anything further and I will have it taken care of.

So the reason you have been recommending only ONE companies products is because you think it will be considered "illegal" to recommend a broad range of products from a broad range of companies for a range of applications. But, if you only recommend one company for the solution to almost everything you will avoid this "illegality"... Brilliant! I need some of what you are smoking.

Over pay all I want, ok... Did you even read the text you quoted? What the hell is being over paid for? Thanks for such an on point response.

I am impressed!

Well, again has nothing to do with what you quoted and before I have the chance to try and find said discussion (without the benefit of a link) I will easily take richyrich's take on it over yours...

"So he can continue to promote his overpriced crap" So, you are saying he connected to all these companies? I find that amusing lol.

I am done for now, but am looking forward to richierich's post...

Get a felling you are going to find yourself in a very deep hole.

richyrich

Veteran

The root problems will make you loose nuts and bolts up there, LOL. One good crop and they're back in place.

Good grief, I feel ya. I think the youngsters growing up on facebook, the then myspace, the growing presence of online forums and electronic communication, etc. is giving growth to such unaccountable behavior. I started on overgrow.com (once the best site ever - RIP) in 2000 and then made my way here as a refugee to icmag.com until I bowed out for a while. I never had to deal with such or witness so much in other threads as I see now. I suspect it's only going to get worse over time.

Imo, it really is best guys/gals to just click on a suspected troll or shill's username and hit the ignore function. Their posts will be blocked and you will not have to lay waste to reading it.

richyrich

Veteran
This original thread is bloated to all hell. There is not much more needed here. The answers to slaying the slime are all present in this thread and the consolidated version.

I started the slime club part 2 and the rot club threads to continue any discussion and host questions since I have come back. I have taken particular interest in persons who are having problems where they have stated the tea recipe doesn't work. Mutant strains or something.

I am also interested in root rot and all root problems not slime. There have been no thorough threads on root problems. For those that can vouch, there is NOTHING worse than a root problem that infects everything that you cannot get rid of. It will make you nearly go mad. Especially, when everyone is cropping and you are crapping time after time. You witness their good yields and you suffer thru to crap. You get to the point where you swear to quit growing. That there says enough.

When the person of interest posted the product and its links, I said it was all good even though it was against board rules. I wasn't going to report it. It might have beneficial for the community. I then reviewed the product and criticized the product, not the poster. You have read the rest.

I could have posted the following days ago and I had decided not to, hoping the bantering would end. Since it hasn't, let me lay out the facts and be done with it. Each reader decide for yourself.

(Remember when reading the following, the heisenberg tea is a total plagiarized unoriginal work of this thread done at another website. Its nothing more than the original hydro tea recipe given here long ago.)

------------------------------

Gifted0ne, Oct 5, 2013

Ok.. i am pretty inexperienced for sure but just like to note most people that brew 24-48 tea's use about 1/3-1/2 that molasses amount. I think im just going to brew the tea until the molasses smell goes away, seems like a good idea for dwc.

Gifted0ne, Oct 5, 2013

its also worth noting that when you talk about ZHO/Aquashield or Great White you must also mention Ancient Forest in conjunction by name because the tea will only be as good as the compost you are using.

Gifted0ne, Oct 5, 2013

Sorry to bother u with another question but on the site it says 100ml molasses to 4 gallons, which is about 1.68 tablespoons per gallon, isn't this way too much for 2-4 hrs brew? Id assume carbs will end up in ur reservoir, which for dwc isnt good.

Gifted0ne, Oct 10, 2013

Yo cap after using a heavy spray of the foliar if i get what looks to be powdery mildew it is just residue or is it something to worry about?

Gifted0ne, Oct 18, 2013

Hey cap does the root pack contain the same Bacillus as Aquashield+hydrobact?

Gifted0ne, Oct 18, 2013

Also one more question, does the Root pack have that talc stuff also?

Gifted0ne, Sep 29, 2013

i was asking if the products i use for Heisenberg beneficial tea are the same microbes and extracts that make up his packs.. Reason i ask is cause i have broad mites and was curious if i can just use my tea to kill them. simple as that.

(who is Cap, this is Cap)

Capulator, Oct 5, 2013

The original purpose of the thread was to promote using caps bennies with the tea, because when compared to heisenberg tea additives (GW, ZHO, aquashield)... Well, let's just say that in my biased opinion my packs kick the shit out of all of those products (strictly in terms of concentration and species diversity).
That is because I want to educate myself and others... whether or not it helps drive sales does not matter.
I honestly just want to give myself and others a good product that works and that comes at a fair price. The microbes are fascinating to me, and I am having a blast learning about this shit from research

--------------------------------

richyrich

Veteran
I'm not going to pull and post them, but 7 of the last 10 posts by said person, had the same products being name dropped.

Complete newbs imo. Both tried and witnessed the amazing results of the original hydro tea recipe and ran with it. By their own words, still learning...

richyrich

Veteran
Besides their small size, another reason why I don't care for those tea packs is because filter bags prevent the use of all trophic levels of the microbes. Microbes hold on very tight. With my microscope, I have witnessed over and over that dumping all the tea ingredients into an aerated bucket provides for a much higher density of beneficial microbes in the finished tea. It's no sweat to strain the tea with a funnel and cheese cloth or a tshirt when its done brewing.

Hey richierich, thanks for the detailed posts.
Just wanted to let you know that normally I will ignore as you suggested. But, when someone is guiding noobs down the wrong path, making false claims, using misdirection, and bringing a product agenda with every post I admit I can and will turn into a Rottweiler. I am willing to help anyone who wants to learn to grow MJ, and people like him make that much more difficult, I can't help but to put them in their place. (Without profanity or ridiculous name calling)

Sorry it happened on this thread, but he was driven to delete/edit about 25 posts across at least 2 threads prior to your nicely put together public shaming. And I haven't seen him back at it. My replies are now out of context obviously (should have quoted more).
I won't be editing anything.

Again, an apology and a thank you, for sharing your knowledge with icmag.

Peace,
SpiderMite

richyrich

Veteran
Actually, giftedone ran off, deleted account. S/he will reinvent themselves and be back. I warned and warned.