What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strange Slime buildup on roots

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
I've done nothing to get banned so I'm not worried. I've been a member here since 2006 and have never reinvented myself, never been a shill, and have never trolled around.

I am thinking very clearly, thank you for the concern.

What part of $5 earth worm castings, $1 sugar, $3 dollar bucket, $ 2 airline, $1 airstone, $8 air pump are you guys not hearing me say. That all equals $20. Throw in $6 for mycogrow and fungi.com for a whopping grand total of $26. Do you want me to go thru this entire thread and pull it out to prove it to you guys. What's cheaper, the list I just provided or these tea packets? I'm assuming the supply for $26 will last 10 to 20 longer than tea packet. Ease of ordering you say, with online ordering its a piece of cake. One stop at amazon and then onto fungi.com.

You snypes are hung up on who did what over who as if it bothers you for some strange reason. Like I said I can refer to the tea recipe as Super Magical Hydro Specific Tea if it makes everyone feel better.

To be very clear, this is about people holding out on information for slime combat contained right here for free and trying to dish it out piecemeal acting as a guru on unoriginal work making people wait for responses and the information. Then there are the people trying to make big profits on something to be had $26. You two seem to be advocating for and defending this type of behaviour.

The secondary discussion arose by continuous shilling/trolling/ whatever and do not think I'm not gonna set the facts straight.

doneit

Veteran
WOW.. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE??????

Fellas, seriously?

Richy.. i 100% see exactly what your saying and am 100 behind you...

Gifted1.. wtf bro? why are you off your chain about this? snype? fuck you and your drama... go back and bleed in your own threads..

I cant believe you mofo's are acting like this... IC at its best!~

doneit

Veteran
Before i get banned... this is a message from snype to me:

You brought this drama by talking bout it to begin with when you weren't supposed to tell anyone and then you told richyrich. Fuck you for not keeping your word. His process is a bandaid and is not the right way but you will see.

wtf is that? lol... know wonder snypette is looking for a bigger bandaid!

Snype

Veteran

You brought this drama by talking bout it to begin with when you weren't supposed to tell anyone and then you told richyrich. Fuck you for not keeping your word. His process is a bandaid and is not the right way but you will see.

It is a bandaid, it's just a fact. The tea won't kill the problem. And then doneit said this to me:

"You are a fucking retard man! look at that bullshit your posting..
IM telling you now... you are not the man,, dont fool yourself, i see why your running around these boards acting like a little bitch.. shoe fits well huh? wtf is wrong with you????
this is not your forum, your word is not gold... only in your fucked up head!"

and then I said

This whole issue is all happening because of you. You know I told you many times to keep that between you and me. Even from the first time you PM'd me with your problems. The fact is that you told richyrich about this and it was in public forum. It's right there in the thread. It's not like I'm making it up. The fact that you are mad at me for you breaking that trust is fucking crazy in itself. You can't expect me to keep my mouth shut when this is what I do for work. That's life. Now if you didn't open your big fat mouth, none of this would be happening. Take a look within yourself.

Since you want to continue the drama doneit. It didn't have to be this way.

doneit

Veteran
lol... shoe is getting tighter hey?
are you serious? you did not invent antibiotics, and you sure as hell dont have the wright to dictate to me what i can and can not post.

you sir are embarrassing, like is said... you are not the man!

Snype

Veteran
lol... shoe is getting tighter hey?
are you serious? you did not invent antibiotics, and you sure as hell dont have the wright to dictate to me what i can and can not post.

you sir are embarrassing, like is said... you are not the man!

We already discussed why it would be a poor decision to talk about issues like this in the open with antibiotics and harmful chemicals. That's why you gave me your word that you broke. It gives other growers the wrong impression. We as veteran growers have a duty to the medical cannabis community to teach other growers the way without harmful chemicals that are not to be used for food grade medical crops. Some of us care about the community and some of us don't. The fact that subjects like this get treated so lightly is a problem in itself. Good day.

richyrich

Veteran

doneit,

Just click on his handle and hit ignore as I have done. It's not worth it. BTW, I guess mother natures intention of plants, trees, bushes, etc. requiring beneficial microbes for a symbiotic relationship in the soil around the world is a bandaid... NOT.

Snype and Giftedone,

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. ~Buddha

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

I am sorry if there was anything I said that offended you, regardless who is/was right or wrong. I lost my footing and this is genuine and not a result of being warned or anything. One love and light...

doneit

Veteran
I truly appreciate your professionalism... i for 1 am not that forgiving..

hoping we can get back on track here... can you plz look at my aforementioned questions and point! lol

Thank you bro... im glad yer back

Snype

Veteran

I am sorry if there was anything I said that offended you, regardless who is/was right or wrong. I lost my footing and this is genuine and not a result of being warned or anything. One love and light...

I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way as well. I wish you guys luck in dealing with your plant problems. Good luck! I know you got a lot of good advice for doneit. Hopefully it all works out well.

richyrich

Veteran

giftedone,

Attack you? I clearly recall criticizing the product and then you had to come back to defend the product, clearly ignoring every single time I mention that it can all be had for $26 and enough for probably 2 grow cycles instead of expensive tiny tea bags. Your continuous compelling need to come back here and defend this product and ignore the $26 list I provided is lending greater credence to you having a vested interest in the product. If so, that is shill behavior and every single time you post it is becoming only clearer, imo.

Oh I forgot to ask you, why do you keep on coming back here. What is your real interest. I apologized, yet you are back seemingly stirring things up. If you ask me, I have a vested interest in this thread as I did beginning back in 2007. It's vital information for people plagued with the slime for the first time that need info fast and I would like them to find it as soon as possible because its free.

I have no shame in taking academic credit for the work here that cost me an endless amount of time, mental suffering, and around 75 thousand dollars. See, when I invested that much and come to see failure to point people in the right direction because of the misguided seeking internet fame on unoriginal work and the results being used for personal gain by others when it was given for free as a community asset, damn best believe I have a chip on my shoulder. And best also believe I am going to remedy the situation.

And that is why I am here and I am back. I was told I should come back to see what was going on. My people were right.

Since, you don't like to read, let me take you back in time so you can kindly put your foot in your mouth.

As seen below many years ago it was all about just EWCs and molasses. I don't know where all those expensive products are that you keep on talking about so you can put them down and promote your tea bags and ignore the $26 list.

If you were to actually read the thread, you would find such valuable tidbits of information from many people. This thread is a jewel. You would also have found out that there is an alternative to teas and that is with UV sterilizing lights. You would of also found out that some people did not have success with just EWCs and molasses.

We already knew in the thread that the bottled microbes and powdered ones alone did not work, especially Advanced Nutes bottled microbes. Did you also know that gh subculture with carboload creates so many good microbes, they take over and suffocate the roots. Bet you never knew that. So, I had to experiment more and figure out something that people could easily buy from what was available at the time to make a stronger tea that would be hydro specific, therefore the additional products were added to the list to be on the preventative side. Many of times I stated you could get by on just EWC and great white and nix the rest on the list. Other members presented many alternatives also. Now please kindly read the following and commence to open mouth and enter foot, LOL. With fun and love brother.

05-14-2009, 01:28 PM #379
richyrich

I completely cleaned my EZ Cloner with Physan20 and set it up. The next thing I had to decide was where I wanted to get my beneficial microbes from. I could buy very expensive bottles that like to sell everything separate. One bottle for beneficial bacteria. Another bottle for beneficial fungi and so on. What I ended up doing is making my own earth worm casting tea. IMO nothing beats a fresh brewed EWC tea for microbes. You get beneficial bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes. And the best of all is you only need a $5 dollar bag of earth worm castings, a bucket, air stone and air pump. Oh, and some molasses or what I used, CarboLoad that I still had stored away. The complex sugars in these products feed the microbes. Get over to the organic soil forum and read about EWC teas. In 24 hours they should look frothy like mine.

I ended up putting some in a gallon container for later use. You can store it in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.

And, here is the EZ Cloner ready to go. Notice, I went ahead and threw in a biological filter. Keep you updated.

05-21-2009, 08:16 AM #401
richyrich

ItsGrowTime, I highly suggest at this point that you get your beneficial from making your own Earth Worm Casting Tea. When it's done brewing they are ready to go. You don't need to prime the rez. That is why I didn't go with the bottled stuff. That and the price. Its super cheap and you can make some within 24 hours whenever you need to re-innoculate your hydro setup. You can keep it in the fridge for up to 10 days. I have been adding some to my EZ Cloner every 3 days. I think it has been 5 days since I put the cuts in the EZ Cloner. Yesterday, I seen the nubs on the cuts from where the roots will shoot out from so I hit them with House & Garden Root Excelurator (amazing stuff) and I have the roots already starting on most of the cuts. My EZ Cloner is running at 84F (edit) which would be frowned upon. I attribute rooting in 5 days to the warmer temps. No slime yet, fingers crossed.

Here is what I got in 5 days.

05-22-2009, 12:03 PM #413
richyrich

Yeah, I primed my EZ Cloner with beneficial microbes from the Earth Worm Casting tea I made a few posts back. The beneficials are letting me get away with 84F water temps in that thing. I once even plumbed a water chiller to an EZ Cloner and set it at 68F and was slimed.

Talking about temps, my UV light in the rez is letting me get away with high temps too. Rez is at 78-79F.

06-01-2009, 02:16 PM #450
richyrich

Happy to report to you guys that I pulled off a second round of healthy clones from my EZ Cloner. Get this, I didn't even clean the unit nor empty it. I used the same water and just added more EWC tea. Here is something else remarkable; I noticed that a long piece of root had broke off a cutting and was floating in the water. It's been floating in there for 3 days and it is still pearl white. It's not even rotting and if there was slime it would of been all over that organic fuel.

Mad scientists, here we go. ;-)
Jupiter, welcome to the slime club.

Keep it simple with the ewc tea. 3 gallons of RO water. Add 1-2 cups of ewc and just a tad of molasses and that is it. Do not add humic acids or kelp. It is food for the microbes including the slime.

Do not add any molasses (food) to the cloner. You only want to add a couple of cups of ewc tea every 3rd day to replenish. Do not feed the microbes within, just replace them. The food could of been your problem. Always clean your unit with Physan20. I add power cloner solution made by botanicare to the water and away it goes. That is it.

Last edited:
Hey richyrich, your spot on bro. He's pulling the same sh!t on another forum and on other threads on this site. I just happened to see it by chance on another thread and searched and found this one. Same username on the other site too. I can't PM yet but you get the idea.

Here is the other thread I posted on before I saw him
(excuse my smartass post there I was trying to be funny acting like I was a Spidermite).
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=66865&page=41

GiftedOne, buzz off before I spray you with some neem...

Recognize me now? I told you I was going to track you and call out your BS, just happened to get lucky here... BUSTED!

If he wasn't giving bad advice by bad mouthing other quality products in order to make his look better, then maybe... But, that is exactly what he is doing here and on the "other site".

The objective is to push product only... I don't respect that and you shouldn't either

He is providing all the fuel, I am just pointing at the fire and calling a fire if I see a fire, to use your reference....

It will die when it stops, newbies don't know any better do they? Well I have their back to the extent I can.

Peace,

doneit

Veteran
Dont know dont care..

I can tell you RR has offered his help and experience to me and MANY others and asked for nothing in return

He has offered to send me weekly dosages absolutely free...

Dont know dont care..

I can tell you RR has offered his help and experience to me and MANY others and asked for nothing in return

He has offered to send me weekly dosages absolutely free...

Dude, either you have the worst case of selective reading or you just have a screw loose.

Never said anything aimed at RR (where do you see that?), I was only referring to "giftedone" the person constantly pitching the same products and getting highly defensive and childish when called on it.