What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that don't smell like weed

Ravel

What are some strains that smell nothing (or almost nothing) like weed? This is not for stealth reasons, I'm just really interested in this topic.

Another question might be: which strains have no (or almost no) skunk smell in them?

(wasn't sure where to put this)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Modern Northern Lights has very little smell (as already pointed out by luposolitario). Some say it was bred to be close to odourless during the 80-90s to lessen the risk of being busted. After a good cure, an aroma of pine with a little lemon comes through. Some good northern lights can smell strongly though. A friend of mine says he has had NL that had a strong aroma of parma violets.

When it comes to individual plants thats stink, but have little ‘cannabis’ smell, the closest I’ve personally experienced is mango and pineapple. They were almost indistinguishable from the fruit smell, but a lot more pungent. After drying the canna smell came through

Steve rogers

I grew a strain from mass medical that smelled alot like menthol tobacco and rotten meat. It didn't smell like cannabis at all. Right now I'm smoking on something that has a very orange/grape pine and carbonated soda smell. And I have grown seeds that ended up smelling like straight dirt/mud no terps at all. Like old scented crayons. Also had a jack herer that smelled like pickle juice and a very garlicky gmo cross but that did smell like weed, it just smelled more like weed than actual weed.

Asentrouw

Northern Lights is pretty much odorless, depending on pheno. This would be my first choice for stealth. Many outdoor strains like Passion #1, SwissMiss, Viking are also quite low odor, but also lack a lot in the potency/taste department.

Many sativa strains lack the typical "skunk" smell (fruity, spicy, incence) and some are not too loud either (Malawi, Trainwreck, some Himalayan sativas comes to mind).

Last edited:

Cuddles

Modern Northern Lights has very little smell (as already pointed out by luposolitario). Some say it was bred to be close to odourless during the 80-90s to lessen the risk of being busted. After a good cure, an aroma of pine with a little lemon comes through. Some good northern lights can smell strongly though. A friend of mine says he has had NL that had a strong aroma of parma violets.

When it comes to individual plants thats stink, but have little ‘cannabis’ smell, the closest I’ve personally experienced is mango and pineapple. They were almost indistinguishable from the fruit smell, but a lot more pungent. After drying the canna smell came through
are there any strains and breeders you can recommend in particular for a `no weed stink´ grow?

I´m currently looking around for seeds again and as I don´t grow in a tent anymore grow odour is an even bigger issue than it was before.

Fruity or floral scents should be okay - sort of (I think)

It´s so difficult to find a strain which has no weed smell and which still gives you the right kind of smoke effect. In fact, it´s probably impossible.

I currently have my eye on Orange Bud and Lemon Thai.

Shua1991

are there any strains and breeders you can recommend in particular for a `no weed stink´ grow?

I´m currently looking around for seeds again and as I don´t grow in a tent anymore grow odour is an even bigger issue than it was before.

It´s so difficult to find a strain which has no weed smell and which still gives you the right kind of smoke effect. In fact, it´s probably impossible.

Ace seeds has a few low odor sativa dominant varieties.

Golden Tiger -14-16 week sativa
Zamaldelica 14-15 week sativa
Tikal 11-12 week sativa hybrid

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran

Mandala has some low-stink strains check out their website.

yahooman

I bought a clone from strainly the guy said was lemon tree,i think it was cause the guy was highly respected there and the pics online look idemtical.i recently saw some pics of csi humboldt lemon tree s1 and ibinstantly thought "thats the same plant i had"
It was 100% lemon peel,no fillers... to the pount you would think the buds were dipped or soaked in lemon...no weed smell,all lemon.
Im growing csi lemon tree x lemon party now and im getting some really strong lemon terps.out of 6 plants,one is extreme lemon peel and one is extreme sweet lemon,3 inbetween and 1 plant smells like gas and something i cant put my finger on.might be the sour diesel side......cant wait till they finish

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Columbian doesn't smell much.
love potion (which has colombian in it) has some phenos that are interestingly non weed smelling.

my buddy had one (which turned out to be all our fave from his grows) which looked like viny sparse and whispy (he was gonna toss it: "those bastards sold me hemp!"), and smelled like armpit. like that oniony body odor smell, but subtle. like salvia nemerosa in a way.

the high was amazing. we all wanted more and more. and i miss that armpit smell.

SolarLogos

Honduran (green Mexican pheno) from Ace. I've been running mine for about 7 years and the only smell I recognize is the old 1970s aerosol hairspray, that's the only way I can describe it. The high is clean, clear, mental caffeine, moderately euphoric, nice duration and gentle comedown. No body.

I had a joint again this morning at 7 with coffee; it'll last until noon.

Ravel

Ace seeds has a few low odor sativa dominant varieties.

Golden Tiger -14-16 week sativa
Zamaldelica 14-15 week sativa
Tikal 11-12 week sativa hybrid

I have a few zams going right now. Very little smell, even right outside the tent. One of them is extremely fruity smelling. I recognize it as a citrus mango. I'm not sure if I can detect any carrots in any of them.

Asentrouw

I would stay away from Orange Bud, that definately has a weed smell. Most fruit smells can also be quite overpowering.

I would look into sativa strains, without too much indica influences. Some of these have more spicy, floral and incensy scents you'd not associate directly with typical weed smells. Some are also not to loud, only smell when touched and end of flowering.

I think ACE can be a good starting point, as their sativa's are fairly worked, making them a bit easier and faster to grow. But even then it differs from pheno to pheno.

Latest posts

Latest posts