What's new

Strains that can reach 5-10lb's

rod58

The thread title should be " conditions that help grow 5-10 pounds"

more to the point indeed ..i grow skunk#2 x silver pearl and it will yield that easy as long as it has nutrient and lots of water and lots of sunlight ...and the thieves stay away ...lol:biggrin:

Dr.King

Veteran
Here's just a few photos of the monsters I am talking about. Thanks to Bear_Riot and Bushweed for the photos and mainly doing what you do growing beautiful trees. Both of them stated they get well over 20 feet tall. These first three are in flower, the last one is still in veg.

TSrIzCw.jpg

13cVxZo.jpg

qzvgExq.jpg

xIWYqoK.jpg

OcFjXI4.jpg

sprinkl

Veteran
I wonder if there are strains that can't reach 5 lbs, besides auto's?
Maybe they need a bit longer veg time but with 4-5 months of veg and 2 months in flower it seems likely any plant can yield that amount if conditions are good.
Pure indica heavily inbred strains with low vigor are probably the worst for yielding.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
the doc is right on.all the big ones ive done or seen have gone out big.

The plant pic I posted above went out as a 6" clone at the end of may. For comparison I had a few plants that were mothers that went outside. They were between the 3'-4' mark. None of them got as big as that Exodus Kush pic in the above pic. I attribute that to what BYF says about not letting plants get rootbound before a transplant outdoors.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
outdoor hardiness (no hardy, no buds, no yield)

this is the best advice that anyone could get for our east coast climate. i have bought the 150$ packs that had zero resistance and just went to shit. i learned the hardway about that. no hardiness no buds it dont matter how many cannabis cups that strain has won if it will rot. IMO i would rather take a few steps down in potency and quailty for added resistance bc that way i will get some mold free buds in vs the big cannabis cup winner that rots. i tried holy grail kush last year and for outdoors its a big pussy. i could just fart on that strain and it would mold :laughing:

MountZionCollec

Holy grail is a big pussy, though with tender care I pulled 3.5/4#in a 100 gallon. Their were some strait bitches in the seedling stage tho. Purple pheno got mutilated by squirrels. The green version had a pine smell, super dense buds, kushy narcotic smoke, but im done with dna genetics after I heard it was them teaming up with that big business Mendocino native reservation operation.

Humboldt blue dream is a fuckin brawler, I'm at high elevation and ground squirrels are everywhere, before I killed 60 of them, they were attacking my perimeter plants pealing the outside layer off (kinda like the Colombian gold technique) except in veg :(, anyway I had two blue dreams that would have pulled 10+ but still held on and even with the squirrel attacks pulled 6-8. Shit was nugged out since cub scouts colas thick and long as your arm and super dense. Smell: mild blue. Smoke=ehh, but if you aren't in the medical business it's got decent bag appeal

Silver cheese is also pretty amazing and hardy, insanely dense buds, skunky funnky cheesy buds, smoke is fairly good (not in my head stash but well liked by all better earlier with more up high, too much cheese in the high if u let it go to mid oct)....best part is it finishes up first week of October

Hello :)

I'm attempting to grow a couple of 5+ pounders in my greenhouse, so far my 818 Headband, aka sour OG and a TrainWreck are pretty impressive with 7'8" and 8'5" respectively so far ( early August ). They have yet to start to flower but that should be soon enough.

I'm hoping for a very good yield and doing everything I can to ensure this. Here are images of these plants.

Attachments

• aug4, Headband.JPG
    aug4, Headband.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • aug4, TW.JPG
    aug4, TW.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 11