What's new

Strains that can reach 5-10lb's

sprinkl

Veteran
Man it would suck if you have a plant that yields 10 lb's and it turns out to be a mediocre pheno taste/high wise... Though I have never had this with my outdoor plants. Maybe it's because they get so big and are happy in their real organic environment that they always express their genes as good as they can? Or does it still happen. I know I had a few small runts before that tasted horrible though, possibly because they just couldn't use the little amount of ferts.

But with pregrowing long enough any plant could get big enough? Or do they lose too much of their initial vigor by the time they are put outside to yield well?

neongreen

Veteran
Im in the UK, this is my first proper GG grow, id be interested to know what the best yeilds people over here have had, and from what, the thought of a monster plant like that over here, im on 50 degrees here so about the best it can get for the UK.

I haven't tried too many strains yet, and so far I've not really gone for it as far as growing monsters goes - last year I was too late!

Best so far was Taskenti (CBG) which gave me 8 oz despite unfavorable conditions (not much sun, crowded, could have been planted out a bit earlier) but made up for it a bit I think because I layered it (see my 2009 grow - link in sig). That was at 51N.

I think layering can help to get big yields, and this year I'm going to have a go at getting 1lb+ per plant... I think that is possible over here, and perhaps more if you get everything just right.

It's still early days and more testing needs to be done eg. optimum planting out times for here, and (as you mentioned) finding the right strains. We are a bit more limited as to what strains will work here, but I'm finding that quite a few strains that supposedly don't do well outdoors here actually can work for outdoors. :dance013:

MountZionCollec

I've in 5+ with big buddha silver cheese, Dutch passion Durban poison, big Buddha blue cheese, humboldt seed org blue dream, I hit 4.5 of fruity chronic juice from delicious seeds was only 4' tall 4' wide

Damn near anything from seed can hit 4+ as long as it reasonably can nug out and you have all day sunshine and do not have to harvest early, also harvesting incrementally increases the yield outdoors dramatically.

tech1234

i dont know anyone around my area who has gotten east coast outdoor over 2+ per and even that is a stretch. Like the other poster said high temps and humidity, mold at end of season, storms, LEO, rippers, deer ect

Although a properly vented greenhouse solves just about all those issues. with an opaque covering and rural/farm type area your pretty safe too

most the people i know go to 50+ plants method and go that route to quanity

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
i dont know anyone around my area who has gotten east coast outdoor over 2+ per and even that is a stretch. Like the other poster said high temps and humidity, mold at end of season, storms, LEO, rippers, deer ect

Although a properly vented greenhouse solves just about all those issues. with an opaque covering and rural/farm type area your pretty safe too

most the people i know go to 50+ plants method and go that route to quanity

1 plant, Just over 2 lbs. East Coast grown. In a non-med state, out in the swamp.
picture.php

Pendleton

Yeah man, between the humidity, storms and Leo the east has its work cut out for it. Used to think NorCal has the perfect climate for cannabis, now starting to think it's not so much having the best as not having all the negative aspects.

i live in the east and the biggest problem for me is slugs.ive plucked 30 to 40 of them every morn. from around a plant.if you have strains that are mold resistent and you shake your plants off frequently in the fall mold wont be that big a deal.the fuzz is wicked underfunded in a lot of eastern states and if they find your shit its cause someone saw you or they got a tip.i watch the news every fall and all the grows they bust are the fuzz acting on tips.

that wont stop 30 or 40 they just crawl over the dead to get to it.i use woodashes i quit using sluggo because of how much i had to apply it would stiil be on ground come harvest.ive even seen slugs crawl up nearby plants and drop onto my girls.they dont kill them but damn do they trim them and that always fucks my yield

Jhhnn

Veteran
Slugs? Invert large jar lids, bury in the dirt up to the rim, fill with beer, leave overnight. Best done in the shade of the plants.

Unbelievably effective. Expect lids full of dead slugs.

I have no idea why they're gaga for beer.

Dr.King

Veteran
What is funny about all of this is most people don't actually know how to get every strain to grow like a tree. Yes I said EVERY strain can grow like a tree. Most people veg their plants out(that are going outside) inside under 18/6 way before the outside season is going to drop so they are already huge before they actually even go outside to start outside 18/6 or where ever you may be located at. Then that inside and outside combined will make a HUGE tree outside if done correctly. If you have high enough ceilings you could grow them till 8 or 12 feet tall in veg inside then transplant them outside in some nicely mixed up organics when the outside season starts for veg, they will end up being 15-30 feet tall depending on the strain. Sativas love getting big outside like others have said. My 28 week Green Haze pheno got over 8 feet tall inside and I had to LST the top down and she was only under 400 watts :biggrin:, genetics ftw. Hope this helps.

N

NewAgeGenetics

What is funny about all of this is most people don't actually know how to get every strain to grow like a tree. Yes I said EVERY strain can grow like a tree. Most people veg their plants out(that are going outside) inside under 18/6 way before the outside season is going to drop so they are already huge before they actually even go outside to start outside 18/6 or where ever you may be located at. Then that inside and outside combined will make a HUGE tree outside if done correctly. If you have high enough ceilings you could grow them till 8 or 12 feet tall in veg inside then transplant them outside in some nicely mixed up organics when the outside season starts for veg, they will end up being 15-30 feet tall depending on the strain. Sativas love getting big outside like others have said. My 28 week Green Haze pheno got over 8 feet tall inside and I had to LST the top down and she was only under 400 watts :biggrin:, genetics ftw. Hope this helps.
lol