Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is Khmer Gold. Flower times are a little longer than advertised, no big deal. Three females flowered, all smell the same,like star fruit. Very clear, speedy high. I will be exploring this line further.

Well, most of my post are well thought out and beautifully composed, I'm allowed to play in that sandbox you were talking about this time, most of my post are very cerebral and beyond your narrow-minded understanding of you two. I think you overstepped your boundaries by calling out people that I have respect for. They didn't ask for my help, and until someone more important than you ask me to stop, I will be right here telling you that you're totally off the mark, and everything you two posers say or chime in with is suspect from this point on.

Ono Nadagin

While I miss and wish I had access to breeding stock of clones/seeds I once could buy or had pr had access to... weed is like dogs and as a person that has bred both... landraces left a long time ago..15+ years... when all the good stock went to Amsterdam and was crossed with Skunk 1 they were lost... in original form... but like dogs... keep breeding and you will find what you are looking for then can hopefully stabilize what you are workin at.

And if you want to talk about whats been lost my biggest loses were So Quicks AK47 Cherry and the Original Chronic..... both hybrids ;) considered by someone watered down

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Next question!
This landrace strain is currently be worked into feminised seeds by greenhouse, but was first introduced to the seed industry by former breeder Afro-pips(rest in peace) as his first and favorite...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Thats correct for some rep points!

Ths earthy and often hashy sweet strain is known for its extreme resin content and is staple to the Nevada county region, where it has been bred and crossed for over 10 years.....

AriesXX

It's too bad "real" breeding takes large plant numbers... There are a lot of peeps on this board who can grow a year's supply in a harvest or two, leaving a lot of time for breeding work. Only problem is most don't have the space required to run the high #s... I've made seeds for myself, and I know for a fact they're not 'world class elites', but in some cases I do feel they're better than their parents, and there is something deeply satisfying about allowing the cycle of life to be completed from seed back to seed.

DNA got it somehow, I know Chocolope aka D-Line isn't real deal chocolate thai...but those 2 nerds found it, so can you. What about Highland Oaxacan Gold??? Any leads on that??? Fruity Juice Thai? I had some Punto Rojo from the source, and I'm a haze lover, that was daunting even when I ran a 14weeker from Ace, Golden Tiger was tame compared to that....The Colombian didn't want to share light, and she was too pissy if she had to. December isn't possible in the midwestern US.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
DNA got it somehow, I know Chocolope aka D-Line isn't real deal chocolate thai...but those 2 nerds found it, so can you. What about Highland Oaxacan Gold??? Any leads on that??? Fruity Juice Thai? I had some Punto Rojo from the source, and I'm a haze lover, that was daunting even when I ran a 14weeker from Ace, Golden Tiger was tame compared to that....The Colombian didn't want to share light, and she was too pissy if she had to. December isn't possible in the midwestern US.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42695&highlight=highland+oaxacan+gold

Here are some leads to the Oaxacan :tiphat:

blackone

Veteran
One solution to the problem could be higher population counts that can only be achieved if multiple breeders are working together to preserve and develop the strains.
Let's take the example C99 - if it has to go on for decades without deteriorating then it can do so with a combination of saving old genetics for as long as possible in freezers or as clone mothers/fathers at different locations and at the same time having a lot of hobbyists breeding her.

Errors could be introduced both ways of course - some companies might be tempted to use newer generations to breed her while insisting that they're using old genetics while hobbyists on the other hand could get their lines contaminated. I believe reputation and karma will eventually sort things out though - we might get waves of releases being hyped here and there that might not be exactly what they present themselves as but in the long run if enough people are working with her she will survive. A single company will simply not be able to keep a strain healthy for many years.

komrade komura

Well, most of my post are well thought out and beautifully composed, I'm allowed to play in that sandbox you were talking about this time, most of my post are very cerebral and beyond your narrow-minded understanding of you two. I think you overstepped your boundaries by calling out people that I have respect for. They didn't ask for my help, and until someone more important than you ask me to stop, I will be right here telling you that you're totally off the mark, and everything you two posers say or chime in with is suspect from this point on.

Thank you sinse...dat is quite funny. I was going to ask Gypsy for a SKIP ARGUMENT button, until I read your post.

Seriously funny shit m8. Well Done!! I am adapting your post for use at my work...without the cannabis references obviously.

To the topic:

I don't care who crosses what with what. Some are damned good at what they do and I want them to continue...as I will buy, grow and smoke their stuff.

Probability permits the chance for a single generation cross to be THE GREAT ONE. And my hat is off to anyone who can capture great genetics on the right side of the bong, to be preserved.

But the reality seems to be many many days, months and years of painful work, real lab coat shit. That's what I am paying for when I buy seeds.

A breeder 'cursing' that the selection was not good enough, scrapping them and dropping back a generation to correct the mistake....but wiser for the mistake. I'll gladly help pay for that...consider it my duty.

And when the seeds finally drop...I get great genetics and have the best smoke around. But the lab coat ain't free...nor should it be in the sub-optimised system we currently use (capitalism).

I do care about people who sell stuff that ain't as marked on the package...may their graves be covered in Ruderalis autoflowering strains with 5% THC that hermie at the first full moon.

So:
- sign me up for the preservation society.

- sign me up for the sweat-of-their-brow breeders

- sign me up for the pollen chuckers too, as I will soon become one for personal use.

I admire anyone who produces good seeds...by any method, including dumb luck.

If I knew enough to have a scientific opinion I would offer it....but I don't.

Therefore:

Rule 1: hang around with the smart kids

Rule 2: eventually the smart kids will quit telling me about the super potent 25 day flowering Sativa Land Race they just lost to the frost.
(although the giggle at the end story should have been a clue)

Rule 3: Pay nothing = get nothing

komrade komura

KindBudKid

What about some of the old skool RKS that I smoked in Ga in the early '90's?? Who ever is holdin out on the real deal RKS cuts needs to quit with the bullshit...

Marco61

Personally I agree with you. Starting to notice that many of these "super potent" strains have a dark side to them as well. Many of the breeders are trying to inbreed the plants to retain similarity and the tendency for herms are coming right along for the ride. Its almost an acceptable situation now a days it seems. People making light of a few nanners middle and end of flowering; "just pick em, you'll be fine". yea right, 12 more just grew inside the bud pollenating from within. Just 6 or 7 years ago almost everyone would just toss the stuff in the garbage and continue their search.

RKS is most likely gone forever. Unless someone can stumble across something very similar. Its only a roll of the dice away.

Kudos, Little bananas are not fine, and shame on the people who consider that a viable breeding specimen....You wouldn't let you retarded sister (if you have one, or not) fucking people and passing her genes to her offspring...those kids are gonna be fucked up too!!!!

I'm not saying anyone has a developmentally delayed sister.

I'm just saying there are plants that have negative breeding potential. These are a disservice to the entire flora family of cannabis.

Ruderalis belongs in nature,wild, because not much else can grow where this thrives, this isn't an instrument of breeding, and the practice should stop. Our genetic supply is limited, don't pollute it. Like a rash, it spreads quickly, and it's easier for the rash to spread than it is to successfully eradicate it.

igrowone

Veteran
i find the banana discussion interesting, i'm growing a brainwreck now, it's a trainwreck x white widow cross
i did some reading, and apparently the Arcata Trainwreck has a mild form of hermie traits, some bananas during early flower, which it passes on in a cross
from the feedback i've seen, this is a very good strain, but it does have that feature
is this strain thus no good? it's just opinion, but the original trainwreck has some very dedicated fans

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Kudos, Little bananas are not fine, and shame on the people who consider that a viable breeding specimen....You wouldn't let you retarded sister (if you have one, or not) fucking people and passing her genes to her offspring...those kids are gonna be fucked up too!!!!

I'm not saying anyone has a developmentally delayed sister.

I'm just saying there are plants that have negative breeding potential. These are a disservice to the entire flora family of cannabis.

Ruderalis belongs in nature,wild, because not much else can grow where this thrives, this isn't an instrument of breeding, and the practice should stop. Our genetic supply is limited, don't pollute it. Like a rash, it spreads quickly, and it's easier for the rash to spread than it is to successfully eradicate it.

I hope you don't like Soma because he creates fems via "natural" methods. IE inducing stress to cause hermi's, this makes sure the traits of potential hermaphroditic plants can be passed down. He also got his original stock from messed up light cycle and hermis.

As for ruderalis, I wholeheartedly disagree. This argument was posed when it first game out about 3-4 years ago. I have yet to see even 50% of the normal cannabis seeds turned into autos, and if they were, so what? We don't lose that strain because of it. We just get option A or option B.

Latest posts

Latest posts