What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains for depressive personality types..

Not sure what others will think of Apollo 11, but I found it to be a very uplifting happy high for me. Others that have been beneficial to me and my depression are Strawberry Cough, Blueberry, Blue Moonshine, Sweet Pink Grapefruit, and Orange Apollo.

I also agree with SOTF420 that taking periodic breaks are beneficial.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Dj short blueberry my wife calls it her xanax without the zombie properties aka not being able to remember anything from 10 secs ago

Laughing Jim

Depression

Depression

Depression is a killer, period.
And yes, there are many arguments for and against using weed. However, weed is a safe and natural alternative to pills, which i personally would rather not take.

Weed is a very ancient folk medicine because it is effective. Not only is it effective, it is extremely easy to control the dosage when smoked.

Therefore, I am focusing on marijuana, NOT pills.

I have been trying to get ahold of C-99, Apollo-11, and F-13 for some time now, and haven't had any luck yet.

I have been smoking some NYCD my oldest son gave me, and it has helped a lot, which surprised me. Are Diesels Sativa based?

I just won a pack of Esbe's SSSDH and i'm hoping it will be an up, energetic, motivating strain. Anybody ever smoke that stuff before?

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Laughing Jim - hey there...don't know the maheup of diesel but I think you could benefit from investing in some DJ Shorts Flo or F13 from Seed Boutique.

They're quite pricey but DJ is coming from the right place. I've grown both and they are lovely, strong, clear and up^! Phenos do differ...some more dreamy...some more potent...but not partanoid.

peace

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I believe Diesel has some Mass Super Skunk in it's lineage, there is definitely alot of Sativa in it. ;)

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Blueberry is the best strain for mood lifting and relaxation.

In fact, as it has been pointed out in earlier comments, it shines when crossed with other strains.

I stay away from Skunks since they tend to make me anxious and paranoid.

On the other hand, my beloved NL#5 x Blueberry plant always makes me smile and relaxed. Not a stoned feeling... more like an internal glow and inner hug... similar to opiates. Dreamy at sleep time and hands feel huge and warm... like 20's cartoons.

Nice, nice

Offerings:

Northernberry (Peak Seeds)
Blueberry Jam (Dr. Atomic)
Big Blue (BCSC)

There is also a Romulan x Blueberry cross I wish to test in the near future.

Cultivate your inner life with meditation, prayer and acts of compassion.

Finally, exercise!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even tho the effects of cannabis are very subjective,,,everyone allways says DJ`s blueberry is happy and social,,,,i wonder what chemicals are making it a "happy" type of weed,,,,,??

im totaly fed-up with the parranoia factor skunk has and if i smoke haze you may as well send me to the mental home!!,,,a few years back my motor functions were compleetly messed-up when i was smokin haze daily,,,,,,

Dj`s stuff defo seems like the best for a ballanced daytime smoke,,,,,,i say ballanced because i dont feel many seedline are ballanced,,,,things like haze seem to be moving more to an "Acid" type of high with no anti-psycotic`s to take the edge off ,,,haze is defo not what i would call ballanced

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel exactly the same way. Like word for word man! The nice thing about the SPG is it has all the benefits of a haze but none of the downfalls. The Sweet Tooth is a great balanced herb since it has a very special old BB male from DJ in it along with the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone which is legendary in it's own right. There really is not a better all around strain when you put it up against just about any other and compare all the traits like flower time, yield, bag appeal, effect, ease of growing, etc.

Thankfully, Kootenay is working on bringing it back to the masses with a big re-release of the Sweet Tooth directly under Breeder Steve's direction. Until then it is kinda hard to find but there are clones going around and some nice crosses to try that have very good medical qualities in them. :canabis:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i bought the SFV x BlueSat hybrid for that exact reason,,,"BALLANCE" :),,,

i love the way sol used the BB from DJ,,,,he made a good partnership!!

TopShelf

Blueberry is the best strain for mood lifting and relaxation.

In fact, as it has been pointed out in earlier comments, it shines when crossed with other strains.

I stay away from Skunks since they tend to make me anxious and paranoid.

On the other hand, my beloved NL#5 x Blueberry plant always makes me smile and relaxed. Not a stoned feeling... more like an internal glow and inner hug... similar to opiates. Dreamy at sleep time and hands feel huge and warm... like 20's cartoons.

Nice, nice

Offerings:

Northernberry (Peak Seeds)
Blueberry Jam (Dr. Atomic)
Big Blue (BCSC)

There is also a Romulan x Blueberry cross I wish to test in the near future.

Cultivate your inner life with meditation, prayer and acts of compassion.

Finally, exercise!

Excellent post, helpful, sincere, and informative:tiphat:
positive karma to ya

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah and it was no regular male either bro you know Breeder Steve said it was the most resinous male he ever saw. Imagine a true to form red purplish stemmed blueberry male with shiny diamond like trichomes all over it's flower clusters and the most amazing smell, potency, & yield qualities to give to it's precious offspring. That is the chromatic BB male from DJ Short that helped to make the Sweet Tooth and some of the other amazing gems from SOL. :joint:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dj and his single males:),,,,he knows how to pick them,thats for sure!!,,,i just wish he picked more of them has the chance,,,,a very clever friend of mine told me the mutant factor in his blueberry comes from his "single male ethic",,,,,thats another reason i like what sol did,,,hybridizing blueberry is COOOL in my book,,,re-working BB with an influx of new DNA is TIP TOP !!

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The one big benefit to the single males used to make a strain is the very predictable offspring with known traits. Good for making mother plants from and more seeds as long as you are using that same male and female(s) but maybe not the best long term plan for making IBL's or preserving a line due to bottle necking of the genes but like you said with SOL everything has been hybridized using other genes and this has expanded the genepool while taking advantage of the great qualities of the real true BB which pairs so nicely with the SPG and others.

Plus, Steve liked to backcross plants which really locked in SPG traits he wanted to keep and makes for very stable breeding & stable incrossing stock. The future Sweet Tooth "F2's" (not really F2's more of an IBL line) will grow out like almost like clones and will be very similiar to the parents used. This is all from the backcrossing Steve did with the line unlike most Breeders who would have just kept it F1 Hybrid and not done the extra work. He always worked the lines and kept selecting the best parents to use from giant populations of tens of thousands of plants in Switzerland which is why his strains are so great. :plant grow:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
true true,,,single male`s make for predictable progeny!!,,,,,,,,its a good style for an F1!! ,,..i just think IBL`s are best not being bottleknecked "as mutch"......

larger male numbers would have been better for DJ to continue incrossing his BB ,,,,i think continued 1:1 crosses with the blueberry would mess with gene-frequency`s of the whole line ...

^^^but that makes no difference to sol:),,,,it seems like sol got a nice heavily-inbreed male with decent gene frequencys!,,"just in time",,,,,,,hybridization is the way forward for DJs BB anyways imho,,,, ,,,,i just i bet the Ne numbers came back to bite DJ in the ass,,,,an i hope the same thing wont happen again to another fantastic line like DJ`s BB,,,,,,

sam made skunk almost indistructable,,,,,,,i gota give him credit for that 1!!:):),,,it just a shame skunk gives me sutch a neggative high "at the min"

Throwgar

I want say that my computer code work has brought an understand of bijective binary encoding. My own recent construct of an integer sequence is 13,128,23,217... for 8 bit length fyi If that doesn't sound interesting just try and prove how I make that sequence... Go on sharpen a pencil or two. No one else on the Internet understands what I know that i have able to tell. Anyway ... I won't be getting any friendship offers being a medical cannabis person from the Science groups that is for sure.. They are just as weak in human compassion as the rest of us if not more. There will be no job offers but there are a few that want me to just tell them the news and then go away.. yeah right.. It's Plutocracy now Men so give nothing away and every millionaire for themselves!

Huh?? :)

I've tried a batch of DJs True Blueberry, but I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed. Very low yielder, not soo potent, and very few mother candidates out of the 10 beans I purchased. I also grew out a few TBB F2, with extremely interesting phenos, but no keepers as of yet.

This is not to say that the general consensus still doesn't lay with DJ short. I've been trying to get a Blue Dream cutting for years. Heard it's the holy grail for anxiety and depression. Heard great things about Flo as well, but again, haven't tried it.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to go out on a limb here and say the BB used to be much better in the early 2000's. The newer batches never seem too impressive and you have to go through big numbers to find keepers. Like you said, luckily the SOL stuff used the old BB and a very special one to boot. :woohoo:

Kupcha

I am going to go out on a limb here and say the BB used to be much better in the early 2000's. The newer batches never seem too impressive and you have to go through big numbers to find keepers. Like you said, luckily the SOL stuff used the old BB and a very special one to boot. :woohoo:

Pretty big limb.... the general consensus is that TBB is probably the least desirable of all of DJ's lines..and most reports haven't been too great. However...his "Blueberry" is TOP shelf herb and I don't see that changing for a long time.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all my friends say the same thing!!,,,,,pre 2000,,,,pre 98,,,,,,they all say DJ`s works is some of the best available,,, but as time gows by things are changing

i think its the gene frequency`s fault,,,,,as any line gets incrossed more and more,, i think the whole line will drift eventualy,,,,,his Ne numbers in the initial stages of the project were just too low for continued incrossing,,,

i just hope we all learn from DJ`s "slight" mistakes,,,,,ive got a feelin steve will see this problem and easly avoid it with his sweettooth incross,,,,,i look forward to trying it

ocean_grown

Love the discussion. Has anyone here experienced Schnazzelberry #2 from Chimera? If so, what would you rate it's efficiency in treating insomnia?

Thanks again.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Fruity/Floral, uplifting, Thai (male) crossed with body numbing, narcotic Afghan (female) seems to be close to the ticket.

Stay away from Skunks.

From Chimera, Mental Floss seems to be very medicinal.

Latest posts

Latest posts