What's new

Strains for depressive personality types..

4 Dragons

Rainman~ The idea is not to do permanent damage by taking things like seroquel. Cannabis allows you to take action for yourself and not rely or hope for some magic pill to do it for you. Psychopharmacology isn't anything about you being responsible for you it's here's a script and if that doesn't work we have some more for you. These drugs get pushed through with very little trial, they admit they do not know why or how they work and are unbelievably dangerous. If you had read what I wrote you would have known that I already did ween myself off years ago and seroquel isn't really for depression it's a major tranquilizer. I can't see how a drug like seroquel would ever be used for depression since it's a depressant. Do you not read all the studies out there? I gave the same advice that any doctor would regarding withdrawel from any drug except that I did it much, much slower and effectively. The real trick with cannabis is to have it help you get to a point where you can take more responsibility for yourself and start doing the positives that depression and stress can take away from you. As in all things results will vary...

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
Would have to recommend what others have said
Sweet Tooth
Almost anything from DJ Short, the Grape Krush can sort of put me down then up when it comes to calming my nerves and leaving me feel up.
Go with F-13!
:ying:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pills are what is killing us all people, wake up! They do far more harm than they help.

alexie1

hello good people!

hmm..any european people giving tips on good strains for theese kinda problems???

some of theese strains-names recomended are for me pure sci fi :D LOL?i sure hope them old classics still works?blueberry?shiva?hindu kush?btw Super lemon haze was great for me against anxiety+no more headaches and good super good for my body and muscles,took care of it all!

ps.i have also taken alot of soaphasch,dxm ,mdma,e ,coke and amfetamines..at a stage of my life the thought i had epilepsia or some shit,i started not giving a fuck about theese tixxxezz and smoked my self retarded all day long on SLH,and then after the EEG test it showed up nothing whatsoeva at my MRT..maybe its me just not giving a shit about any epilepsi or whatnot??anyways them new good Doctors do agree that thc protects the brain against ep and damages done by example Mdma etc...but ya´ll already knew that:)

enjoy life and your fine herb;) wishing ya´ll the best!

-get high and fly,thats what i do-

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Hands down, Spice of Life Sweet Tooth. One of the few strains that is widely recommended for depression as the high is very positive and comforting with low to no anxiety. You can wake up the next day feeling sunshiney & refreshed. It will put a smile on your face without a doubt, totally happy pot. It comes from the Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone x DJ's famous chromatic BB male, backcrossed to the SPG a few times depending on the version. :canabis:
The only time I smoked SOL ST3 was an old Bros Grimm cross with Ak47. Now I have had AK quite a few times and it is good but the effect of AK x ST was incredible. It left me feeling like I had brain power again, my thoughts were organized and I found myself able to think deeply and clearly and produce what I thought were some prolific ideas in the form of a plan to actually do something- very satisfying. Those plants were probably very ST leaning as the buds were stinky golf ball size, unlike AK harvest photos I have seen. I suspect it was the ST#3 in them giving me this effect and I would tend to believe you that ST3 is an excellent strain for depression, and a lot more.

Go with F-13!
:ying:
The only downside about F13 is that they are expensive and can be difficult(as I understand it) to find a good pheno. In fact, I have seen F13 at several dispensaries and have been disappointed to be turned away from it because they say it is really not that good a batch- same with Flo(bought an 1/8th and threw it away). That said, I hear if you do get a real good pheno of F13 or Flo it is great.

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only time I smoked SOL ST3 was an old Bros Grimm cross with Ak47. Now I have had AK quite a few times and it is good but the effect of AK x ST was incredible. It left me feeling like I had brain power again, my thoughts were organized and I found myself able to think deeply and clearly and produce what I thought were some prolific ideas in the form of a plan to actually do something- very satisfying. Those plants were probably very ST leaning as the buds were stinky golf ball size, unlike AK harvest photos I have seen. I suspect it was the ST#3 in them giving me this effect and I would tend to believe you that ST3 is an excellent strain for depression, and a lot more.

Well my friend, I will add you to the long list of people who have said the same exact thing. I don't really know exactly what Breeder Steve did but there is something special about the buzz of the Sweet Tooth, it really is unique and enjoyable. It has truly helped me enjoy my life much more. I can only hope everyone has a chance to smoke some good frosty Sweet Tooth from Spice of Life or some good crosses of it that can add some extra character to what is already a great medical strain. :tiphat:

Oh and yes, the Swt is very dominant in most crosses also so I think you are right! :canabis:

SOTF420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kootenay of Deluxe Seeds is in charge right now of Spice of Life seeds for Breeder Steve and YES, they are making beans right now to re-release the Tooth from the original Sweet Tooth #3 stock they had and also they are making more Blockhead. :party:

Probably won't be until later this year though as they just started plants I was told. :)

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
hello good people!
Super lemon haze was great for me against anxiety+no more headaches and good super good for my body and muscles,took care of it all!

This is just my experience but SLH exacerbates my anxiety and gives me serious ADD. Good for headaches and aches though, but maybe because it takes my mind off of the pain.

ocean_grown

Again lets look at what we are talking about. Depression, bi-polar, and effects of MDMA usage. Cannabis will only give you relief on a temporary basis at best and does not treat the actual issue. You are simply getting highto not think about the real pain. If you use it to alter your mood or transition off of a prescrobed medication given by a doctor, it will not give you any benfits past the high. Also lets be careful about reccomending strains and suggesting that they are a cure for this or that. They are not. And to accept the word of a poster as some sort of guide to treatment is simply dangerous. You can badmouth the medical communty and doctors if you want to but to compare a doctors diagnosis and recomendations to that of someone suggestin you use Romulan over Sour D is plain crazy. Most of the meds you are talkin about affect the levels of Serotonin in the brain or how the serotonin is used or accepted by the brain. Herb only does one of these which is to block the amount of it your bain can process. The different varieties may have different affects on the persons mood but they all react in the brains system the same way. Please read up on your specific condition and try to do whats best for you. There are alot of pills out there and they each do specific things. All wont work and many will have bad side effects. Another issue here is the complete lack of any recomendations for actual tx instead of self-medicating. Tradining one drug for another is still an addiction the patient must get over to be considered healthy. Most forms of mental llness can be treated effeciently and effectively with professional help from a competent provider. There are also many homeopathic remedies that could replace the use of some pills so reading up on natural herbs other than pot could be a help as well.

OGee and 4 Dragons - Seroquel is one of the strongest meds used to treat depression. It is used to treat only the most severe forms of the disease only. I bring this up because the conversation about weening yourself off and actually recommending it to a mother. This is a bad idea and I would emplore both of you to really seek medical help before going thru with such a plan on both sides. Do you really want to leave your health and that of your moms up to a few recomendations on a pot site? Good luck to you both either way but I hope you do think about this.

Honestly I totally appreciate the input and I hope I didn't make it sound like I'm making any immediate or drastic changes, that would be totally irresponsible of me. I have managed to stay off of all RX medication in lieu of marijuana use and I truly believe it to be more healthy for anyone with chronic depression. My mom has used pot brownies a few times before with success getting her to sleep and as a mood booster I guess. There is still the hurdle of actually keeping a healthy supply around to replace her meds and that kind of supply might not be available for another 6 months. Until then I'll continue to grow for myself and keep my own head right. You may be correct and I may never be able to get her to go 100% organic but if I can replace even one of those pills with their nasty fuckin side effects with herb I will feel better about her health. The reason I ask about it now honestly is because only now has she begun to get the side effects that have been written on the bottles all these years, she gets dizzy maybe 4-5 times a day for anywhere from 20 mins to an hour and that's not good! She has a job and has to fake these dizzy fits and I want her to get off of them as soon as she fuckin can but I know you have to work down the doses ever so slowly.. Honestly my speculation on the whole history in our family of mental illness is this; Whether or not there was actually a "chemical imbalance" as the doctors say that was causing her depression in the first place is irrelevant because she's already addicted to these fuckin pills! That's all it is an addiction sold for profit. One of the "side effects" of getting off Seroquel is "schizoid episode"! She takes it at night as a tranquilizer I guess and lithium and one other SSRI type thing but really the only one I want her to get off is the Seoquel cause that's the one with the fucked up side effects.

So no worries, I totally understand the seriousness of the waters I tread.

Kootenay of Deluxe Seeds is in charge right now of Spice of Life seeds for Breeder Steve and YES, they are making beans right now to re-release the Tooth from the original Sweet Tooth #3 stock they had and also they are making more Blockhead. :party:

Probably won't be until later this year though as they just started plants I was told. :)

This is great news! I'll have to pick some up.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

igrowone

Veteran
the sweet tooth experiences sound very positive, strain i'm going to have to try at some point
but there is one strain i'd be curious on experiences
that would be the old, humble Skunk #1
may sound a bit strange, and i have no experience with it yet
if harvested when well matured, that is with enough amber, some have remarked it both relaxing and stimulating
i know it has a racy rep if harvested early
but i've seen a good number of posts that made it sound like it might be good for depression/anxiety issues

Anyone doubting the real actual anti-despressant quality of fine cannabis please smoke a Sweet Pink Grapefruit dominant strain like Sweet Tooth and then let us know your scientific findings about how it makes you feel after about a week or two of smoking it once or twice per day (late afternoon to evening works best before going to bed). The herb is natural, from the earth just like we are. The synthetic chemicals that alter natural brain chemistry are made in a labratory and are not good for you or your long term health mentally or physically. God gave us all the solutions we need right from nature, not the lab. :canabis:

Amen! thanks for wording it so well :tiphat:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Another strain that is supposed to be very good against depression is Ace's Destroyer. According to someone I was communicating with if you get a few females one should lean towards the Meao Thai mom and that pheno is supposed to be very good medicine. I suppose any of the Ace crosses with the Meao Thai has that potential then but I still like that Destroyer has the Colombian genetics as I remember how uplifting and happy good Colombian was.... back in the good ole days.

J

JackTheGrower

There is a difference between a single treatment and a maintenance program.

o Use the same genetics for a long time and avoid hot swaps ( trying new weed on a dare ).
o Grow organic and avoid chemicals
o Try an edibles program of the same amount daily.

After all the Bi-polar Depression is like being afraid to fall even if that falling isn't really all that bad. We just fear it and so we have anxiety keeping ourselves from going too far down but we have abandon on the way way way up... LOL!

There is one medication I know of that was wonderful in relieving that anxiety of cycling down for me. It was the olanzapine in Symbyax. I do not care for the uptake inhibitor fluoxetine : I dislike how it makes my brain feel. http://bipolar.about.com/cs/menu_meds/a/med_symbyax.htm

It was Symbyrax that helped me understand that i was afraid of "falling" and with olanzapine I could let go and it held me up. Simply a brilliant effect.

But it's really expensive to buy Symbryax or Zyprexa and since I am a solitary man anyway I love the creative drive cannabis can aid! Not all Cannabis aids creativity for me. Some Cannabis does more than others as well.

people can achieve great things and be medical cannabis folks!

I want say that my computer code work has brought an understand of bijective binary encoding. My own recent construct of an integer sequence is 13,128,23,217... for 8 bit length fyi If that doesn't sound interesting just try and prove how I make that sequence... Go on sharpen a pencil or two. No one else on the Internet understands what I know that i have able to tell. Anyway ... I won't be getting any friendship offers being a medical cannabis person from the Science groups that is for sure.. They are just as weak in human compassion as the rest of us if not more. There will be no job offers but there are a few that want me to just tell them the news and then go away.. yeah right.. It's Plutocracy now Men so give nothing away and every millionaire for themselves!

My suggestion is find one strain that you like and have a cookie or special peanut butter toast at a regular time each day and see how it goes.
Obviously exercise and positive social interactions are a part of a treatment program as well as proper diet. This natural plant is part of a program and not a cure all.

If it isn't working then perhaps another strain but I do recommend daily dose and in food since we want this to be a treatment and not a recreational activity. Food is much more uniform in absorption in my opinion.

P.S. Nice to see so many posting.. It has been a long 10 years and our own are not kind to those with disability at times.

Latest posts

Latest posts