What's new

Strain selection for outdoor 2012....

m4n

Yes4Prop215 - I have a grower friend here in the SC Mountains who has something he is calling "Black Lime" but he says it's a Thai (Black Lion) x Afghani (Affy-Kush) it is fire and packs a hella punch, BUT he won't even give me a cut, he is very protective of the strain lol. That Hindu x Afghani cross and that T1 sounds awesome! Have you ever heard of a strain called, "Allen Wrench" I am running that again this summer outdoors as my clients back east absolutely love it!

Hey I sent you a PM btw.

I ran the Allen in a 30 gallon and almost got an LB but the buds were frosty,kept their stickyness along with density after drying and curing BUT the smell was sorta like pineapples...jus told my patients its was pineapple trainwreck...def gunna throw a few more in the ground next year!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea my friend did this year....hes a newer grower but heres a few pics i snagged from his flickr..difference between indoors and out is night and day lol..outdoor version super leafy reminds me of the mutated cherry pie..

6224238581_2c6d470a70_z.jpg

6224233097_1d64d12ff2_b.jpg

6224240169_9968722ee3_b.jpg

Last edited:
G

guest8905

i personally am going to try a few of these outside this next season for sure.

i mean yesforprop215 said his friend was a new grower. To dial in a strain can be hard, but the rewards endless......i know real proper outdoor that is top shelf fire will bring out the best in a plant...so with the cookies having such a unique taste and smell in its genetics, i know grown proper those qualities will shine when put out under the sun!!!

Blaze215- i picked up the Super Grape Ape a a club in Sonoma County. When I asked what made her Super, she didn't know. All she said its super because it yields a lot. Hope that helps.

Blaze215

Blaze215- i picked up the Super Grape Ape a a club in Sonoma County. When I asked what made her Super, she didn't know. All she said its super because it yields a lot. Hope that helps.
Thanks partner.

Anyone have a real good CHEAP soil recipe for outdoors? I am looking to plant 18 girls this upcoming season and don't want to go broke doing it!

Chomba64

Veteran
Yes4Prop215 - I have a grower friend here in the SC Mountains who has something he is calling "Black Lime" but he says it's a Thai (Black Lion) x Afghani (Affy-Kush) it is fire and packs a hella punch, BUT he won't even give me a cut, he is very protective of the strain lol. That Hindu x Afghani cross and that T1 sounds awesome! Have you ever heard of a strain called, "Allen Wrench" I am running that again this summer outdoors as my clients back east absolutely love it!

Hey I sent you a PM btw.

A friend gave me some Allen Wrench seeds but I have done anything with them. How bout one called "Panther" Peace

S

stratmandu

Tomorrow on Christmas day 3 big holes will be dug and prepped in the best most secret spot. They will be reserved for GanjaD's seed which hopefully he lists Somewhere and I can get my hands on by May.

On deck for other holes are Rez SSSDH, Paradise Sensi Star, Ganesh StrD Ix, Rvl AIT, and some CSD x StrDf2 and Haw Snow x StrDf2 I made 2 years ago. The only seeds I am buying this year are some CSG Grandaddy Purps S1 and anything by GanjaD if available.

Peace on Earth!

Bullfrog44

Veteran
These are what I have tenativly locked in for the 2011 outdoor season:

Animal Cookies (Still don't have cut)
Cherry Pie (still don't have cut
LA Confidential (still don't have cut)
Vanilla Kush
Plushberry
Sour D IBL

Still need to fill some more slots, can't wait next years outdoor.

yourbuddy

Going for seemingly proven outdoor genetics this season.

Peakseeds:
sweet skunk
northern lights
kushberry
skunkberry

Hemp Depot:
tnr, kc33,- kcbrains
beanho mix
freezeland, gg#3 - smoke a lot
Mr.nice - devil, early skunk
Texada Time warp - next generation - Romulan
Shot term amnesia x LowRyder/Thai
TGA - querkle?

Jordan of the Islands possibles:
god bud
afghani
lemon skunk

ForestBuds

I know more outdoor heads are out there, lets here it people. Only 5 more months!

:bump:

So grateful for California sunshine. Couldn't ask for better a light source. :blowbubbles:

2012 Line Up - 100 percent seed run -

nectar blackberry
c4 x larry og
nl x c99
purple barney
DJ Blueberry
DJ Vanilluna
Sweet Tooth # 4
Grape lazerlite
Snowdawg bx
Mosca OTM
Lemonberry
Cherry Cake
Shiskhberry x Bubbleberry
Purple Joy x 4SD
PCK x Blockhead
Rosetta Stone x Larry OG
Heri OG
Banana Chem
Bubba Chem
Strawberry Alien OG

Literally took me hours and hours to decide on what to run. Too many others to run *on hold* Plant # restriction sucks!

Great Thread though!

niceeven

I had a bit of a hard time finding info on what would work for me at Lat 53N on a June early September time frame. So I went in several directions as to not put all of my eggs in the same basket. I am just determined to find something that will work.
I will be running:
Annapurna
Pandora
Vertigo
Automaria 2
Auto Mazar
Super Critical Auto
Iranian Auto
Sweet 105
Purple Power
Purple Maroc
Stuporsonic
Biddy Early
Haley's comet
Mendocino Madness
Guerilla Gold 3
Brickland
Patriot Medecine
Early Dane
Original Afghani #1 (seedsman)
Eirbei
Pure Afghan
mazar(L.R)
Danda Devi
Lebanese
Early Queen
Early Skunk
Madness
Erdpurt
Big Bud
Sensi Star
Ice cream
White berry
Sour diesel

I may get lucky....

Jon 54

Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush and GHS Himalaya Gold. I hope to have good luck with these strains in the great outdoors. I'll start germinating in three weeks. Jon 54 :plant grow::plant grow::plant grow:

Blaze215

So far I only have one guaranteed girl which is my Urkle hybrid:

album.php

Currently flowering PCK from seed to find the right girl and have Space Chimp from seed with one node up still to be sexed and flowered.

Have Purple Berry Diesel & Jam Berry Jam on the way in seed form.

odkin

Jon 54- grew both those ladies last summer at 43 degrees, and both were winners. The HG was a fairly early finisher, and had to let the TD run into third week of Oct. But not a spec of mold on it. Very interesting growth pattern to it, as it seemed to flourish from tying the branches down.

bamacan1

mr nice angels breath

mr nice angels breath

anybody have any experience with angels breath tried sssdh last year but did not do as well as i hoped

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
I had a bit of a hard time finding info on what would work for me at Lat 53N on a June early September time frame. So I went in several directions as to not put all of my eggs in the same basket. I am just determined to find something that will work.
I will be running:
Annapurna
Pandora
Vertigo
Automaria 2
Auto Mazar
Super Critical Auto
Iranian Auto
Sweet 105
Purple Power
Purple Maroc
Stuporsonic
Biddy Early
Haley's comet
Mendocino Madness
Guerilla Gold 3
Brickland
Patriot Medecine
Early Dane
Original Afghani #1 (seedsman)
Eirbei
Pure Afghan
mazar(L.R)
Danda Devi
Lebanese
Early Queen
Early Skunk
Madness
Erdpurt
Big Bud
Sensi Star
Ice cream
White berry
Sour diesel

I may get lucky....

LOL Not meaning to single you out here nice, but your post does sort of capsulate the almost mad-scientist driven, cover all bases, grower in the candy store sort of mentality in which we as growers can easily find ourselves swept up.

After reading 8 pages of everyones upcoming seasons potential choices, very few strains are mentioned more than twice and most are strains very few have even heard of. I cant help but feel this thread is turning into more of a strain name- dropper contest than what folks are actually planning on growing. LOL Good luck everyone to their search for the holy grail of strains. Oh wait, I think Holy Grail IS a strain!

PS...Please dont start throwin rocks at me fellas, just tryin to add a little grow humor here...CC

Latest posts

Latest posts