What's new

Strain selection for outdoor 2012....

kinger

Veteran
Me too,I need to start popping asap. Problem is I havent figured out what I want to pop.I think I will start with the oldest in the collection.I should just pop a lil of everything. :)

You know I dont really know what Cherry kush it is. I saw the the end product and it looked better than some of the indoor Ive seen. I was lucky enough to be given a single clone. I was so excited that I didnt ask questions. I was told that the Fire Og is super nice. That he averaged 3 per plant. Now imagine a gardener thats takes care off them? As for the blackberry, the nugs are tight, and very frosty. Folks around here gobble them up.

Nondual:
The cherry I saw didnt have a fruity smell at all. Smelled fuely. The buds were very tight and it was loaded with crystals. Do you know how long it takes to finish? Guess I should of asked the guy that gifted me the clone huh.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
greenman707 - where you getting that fire og from? Any dispensary's selling them?

Does anybody know where purple diesel comes from? I have seen it at Harborside, but I don't trust them.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
hey greenman got any pics of the cherry kush? does it turn dark purple? the laytonville cherry pie (aka purple cherry kush) turns dark purple almost black in late flower. smells like granddaddy purple and durban skunk...the genetics are (GDPxDurban) x Tahoe Og kush..heres some pics from my grow this year

last week of september
picture.php

first week october after the rain hit..
picture.php

G

guest8905

greenman707 - where you getting that fire og from? Any dispensary's selling them?

Does anybody know where purple diesel comes from? I have seen it at Harborside, but I don't trust them.

the purp d from harborside is the real deal, the same vendor ran that clone in there a few years back and it ended up being fire for everyone. I was just there getting some things for a friend while in the bay and i saw a dude buy a hundred of them, i was like "oh purple d, thats a good one" he was like"yup!" lol

they had a few kush, i saw the white fire, which is the fire s1 hitting the white i think
:ying:

Bullfrog- The Fire Og that I was given, originally came from an ounce my homie bought. Found a single bean in it and it become the mom. the clones I recieved(2) are from that mom. Im in the 707 area, maybe we can swap? Its still to small to clone, maybe a month.

Yes4prop215: The Cherry that I saw had no purple what so ever. Green, tight, frosty dank. Ill try to do some recon on the genetic makeup of it but I doubt they will tell.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
there is a more durban dominant cut of the cherry pie circulating that is all green and smells like skunky durban...but yeah if it didnt turn purple at all it doesnt sound like the purple cherry kush out of laytown...

you definately want to run that fire OG before you take her outdoors to figure out how stable she is....bagseed kush is a hit or miss might the result of self pollination or be male dominant with zero OG kush traits...it would be a safer bet to find a legit cut than go with bagseed outdoors...

my friend ran bagseed plants this year...he found seeds in a bag of cherry pie, one of the seeds produced something totally different than the nug he picked them out of. had a hazy fruity smell...hit 5 a plant though so good yield but not alot of bag appeal...i also did an indoor run with 2 seeds i found in a different bag of cherry pie, both produced a random cross, rather generic bland fruity green buds...

N

Nondual

Nondual:
The cherry I saw didnt have a fruity smell at all. Smelled fuely. The buds were very tight and it was loaded with crystals. Do you know how long it takes to finish? Guess I should of asked the guy that gifted me the clone huh.
First impression was slight cherry but general fruity then went into a strong fuel smell but definitely a cherry/fruit note up front. Also the buds were darker but not any purple.

A friend grew it and didn't ask when it finished. He's around 3,500' so early enough to work at that altitude.

Nondual- thanks for the info. Im much lower than that.

Yes4prop215- The guy I got the fire from got it before last season. he sow it, made it mom, threw it outdoors, and was really impressed with it. He said that the average was 3 per plant. From what he said, the bag appeal was superb. That it had a strong OG nose to it. I plan to do a trail run inside to see if he's full o crap or not.

On a different note, seems that you are quite familiar with laytown. I live a couple of towns before. Ive been looking for a strain called T1. Can you help.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
T1? shiet havent heard of that one...is it the Triangle kush? theres an S1 of the triangle going around some people also call it the white..

my friends in laytown have a few strains that i havent heard of before. one is "black lime" its some kind of afghani kush cross....and a Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel cross that has insane kushy flavor. both hit 5 a plant...il see if they got anything new cooking up there. the rest of my strains are from south Humboldt and butte county...

N

Nondual

my friends in laytown have a few strains that i havent heard of before. one is "black lime" its some kind of afghani kush cross
There's something around here that a local created called The Dime which is Lime Kush x Chem D and super nice. Great yielder, dense buds, super sticky and very potent. Maybe Black Lime is a Lime Kush cross?

T1? shiet havent heard of that one...is it the Triangle kush? theres an S1 of the triangle going around some people also call it the white..

my friends in laytown have a few strains that i havent heard of before. one is "black lime" its some kind of afghani kush cross....and a Bubba Kush x Sour Diesel cross that has insane kushy flavor. both hit 5 a plant...il see if they got anything new cooking up there. the rest of my strains are from south Humboldt and butte county...

triangle kush = triangle kush

Only a few people have it. the white and triangle which are related to each other, but not triangle kush, around 1.2 million have. :laughing:

About the Cherry Kush..........i am running it right now! she is almost 4 weeks in flowering. this is the first time i have ran this strain and i got the cut in Butte County. I will try to get some pics of it up when i get a minute and maybe we could compare it to the cherry pie. the person i got it from had not ran it yet but is positive its the cherry kush. i was thinking that the 2 strains might be the same(because u know how pot names go) but clearly they are two different strains. i only have 2 in the garden because i want to make sure its the real deal before i commit more space to it. so far its a darker green, early frosty indica...fairly squat and similar to a afghani kush that i have in the garden.....but slightly shorter.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Only a few people have it. the white and triangle which are related to each other, but not triangle kush, around 1.2 million have. :laughing:

yea thats basically what i was saying..the real triangle is rare and coveted but the s1 is pretty common and has been crossed into other strains like white fire og, etc..

nondual that lime kush sounds bomb what is that? theres also a lime rush from house of love seeds that is a rez sour and chem cross i believe..

my buddy in laytown says the black lime is something like Hindu x Afghani, il have to ask when i see him again.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea thats basically what i was saying..the real triangle is rare and coveted but the s1 is pretty common and has been crossed into other strains like white fire og, etc..

nondual that lime kush sounds bomb what is that? theres also a lime rush from house of love seeds that is a rez sour and chem cross i believe..

my buddy in laytown says the black lime is something like Hindu x Afghani, il have to ask when i see him again.

Yes4Prop215 - I have a grower friend here in the SC Mountains who has something he is calling "Black Lime" but he says it's a Thai (Black Lion) x Afghani (Affy-Kush) it is fire and packs a hella punch, BUT he won't even give me a cut, he is very protective of the strain lol. That Hindu x Afghani cross and that T1 sounds awesome! Have you ever heard of a strain called, "Allen Wrench" I am running that again this summer outdoors as my clients back east absolutely love it!

Hey I sent you a PM btw.

Yes4prop215-
Its not Triangle kush. Its called T1, "the one". Its light green, fairly compact nugs, frosty and super stoney. I know its grown in Two Rivers, translated from spanish. I talked to a guy in laytown last year that said that could get the babies but never got a hold of him again. I first tried the T1 in 1998. What strains do you have?

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Could anybody post or PM me some quality strains for around 38-40 lat on the east coast? Preferably high yield with quality smoke and finished by early October. Thanks!

Or better yet, point me in the direction of a thread that has a compilation of good early strains. I've searched for such a thread but I've come up empty-handed thus far.