What's new

Strain selection for outdoor 2012....

G

guest8905

husky- it really depends on a lot of factors, most of which are omitted from your question. Give us some parameters and we can help ya

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I know that every grow is unique and that are many variables but I want to know roughly what to expect. Well the seeds will be germinated in towels, then they will grow in pots outside in local soil(good), for the first two weeks(late april), then transplanted into holes. The holes will be ~3x3 ft, 2 ft deep, filled with a mix of local soil and Biobizz Light Mix. I will give them Biogrow, Biobloom after 2 weeks maybe. I'm at 47N. I plan to do some lst but no other sort of training, need more details ?

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know that every grow is unique and that are many variables but I want to know roughly what to expect. Well the seeds will be germinated in towels, then they will grow in pots outside in local soil(good), for the first two weeks(late april), then transplanted into holes. The holes will be ~3x3 ft, 2 ft deep, filled with a mix of local soil and Biobizz Light Mix. I will give them Biogrow, Biobloom after 2 weeks maybe. I'm at 47N. I plan to do some lst but no other sort of training, need more details ?

You could end up with pounds or you could end up with nothing. Outdoor is a whole new ball game when it comes to yeild guessing. Don't bealive all the shit that vendor post about the yeild you will get on an outdoor plant.

Under Ideal conditions an outdoor plant can yeld over 10lbs. Key word is IDEAL. Your weather will play a huge factor in what happens. Your placement of plants also. Do they get full sun all day or will they be shaded out part of the day.

To really answer your question no one here can give you an accurate guess on what your final yeild will be.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Ok, but what about this strain's potency and normal height ? I'm asking for some roughly estimates so I can form an opinion. I have read the grow reports from the strain guide but I was hoping that someone grew this strain recently. The weather here is awesome, the frost is gone already, the summer is hot(up to 100 F), last year it was sunny and no frost until late November. And btw, I never believe the breeders' numbers thats why I ask this questions. Anyway thanks for those who bothered to answer.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I guess nobody has grown that strain Husky Jackal. Personally I try to stay away from Nirvana beans, so I would be no help.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I guess nobody has grown that strain Husky Jackal. Personally I try to stay away from Nirvana beans, so I would be no help.
Maybe some growers stay away from Nirvana, but personaly I think they are good, especially for beginners and/or low budget grows. Anyway, I'll try it and hopefully do a grow report, so I could help others like me.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I would agree that Nirvana is good for beginners and low budget for sure. Just not my cup of tea. When I buy seeds I like to buy the hardest to find, and the most sought after beans. That usually mean more money, but hey, I have expensive taste.

I didn't want you to think nobody was paying attention, just pointed out that may be because nobody has grown that strain.

Good luck to you, and I would love to see a grow report of that strain, the more the better.

Ncali

Veteran
Plans as they currently lay...

Extreme Indica
Maroc
Early Skunk
Sweetchunk

maybe
Grapefruit
c99
afgan kush x yumbolt

Everytime I think about it my mind changes a lil...

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
males in flower, 1 is purple at the core since the beginning, 4 more hopeful fems for flower.
rapturous reaper - gdp x jolly rancher x kush

blue vixen
rks?
blue vixen f2s?
chems wbk

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
This year I'll be throwing a few of ******s strains into the Blue Dream forest:

Killing Fields (******s jack x the one)
Extrema (chemdawg x herijuana) probably go black box with this one.
Sugar Punch (super silver haze x the one)
Cheeseberry Haze (blueberry cheese x lady cane (sshxg13))

So far all the ******s genes show good vigor and structure. Took cuttings and one of the KF rooted in 5 days. And not just one little root but like bursting out of the sponge pot. I'm not the best or worst at cloning but for reference the Blue Dream cut usually takes 10-14 days in my setup.

I also have a few Oregon clone strains I'm curious to try:

Black Betty (ak47 x sour d)
Wrex - some stoneygirl strain, (p91 x pitbull) not sure yet if it will make the roster. some people rave about her strains while others say she's a fraud.

a few other clones I have that may or may not get a spot in the garden:

GDP
Sensi NL
Trainwreck
Big Buddha Cheese
Mango Wango
Super Skunk

Anyone who's had experience with any of these strains please chime in. I'm slightly worried about the Killing Fields finishing before Nov. but I am in a greenhouse so I guess it won't be the end of the world. Sour D usually took until late Oct. and I was always happy with the quality and yield.

Good luck this season everyone.

Why germinate seeds in towels if you are starting them in pots? This will likely cause damage when removing them which breaks the tiny roots and reorienting them in pots further delays growth. There is no way to get an idea of yield until you have personal experience with the site. Not a great idea to plan too far ahead as one never really knows until its harvested anyway. May I suggest you just grow as much as you can.

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
You're absolutely wright, MajLeeStoned, I did too much planning but overlooked the more important things. Since then I didn't only change the strain I had in mind, but also the location, soil mix and planting time. And about the yield, what will be will be, wtf... I will try and take care of them as much as I could and I'm sure they will repay me with enough bud. Anyway, thanks for your answer. Peace, HJ.

hdn155

i know you all are busy

i know you all are busy

We got lots of blackberry kush.. always frosty with some purple. Huge huge bag appeal. Purple Mr.nice is always a big yielder of purple greasy golfballs all the way down to the bottom ( mendo purps x Mr nice). Blue dream is a staple, enough said. Ran som bubba last year, loved it. Going with lots of that. Newer varieties will be Ak47 x white shark, a big yielding bubblegum clone from so.cal, sfv og x chem by rez, Medicine man, red cherry berry,mr nice, and a few others.

G

guest8905

strawberry diesel, ecsd, gdp x huckleberry, mr. nice, blue dream, ogchem2, gscookies ftw!

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I made a little problem for my self. I have way too many plants and varieties for my garden. I will only be flowering 12 plants, but so far I have several plants of each variety as follows.

GSC
Cherry Pie
La Confidential
Diesel Berry x Witches Weed
GGG Grape Stomper x Joseph OG
Kens Grand Daddy Purple seeds
TGA Plush Berry
DNA Chocolope
Riserva Privada OG Kush
CGS The White Jones (may be dumping this one, was looking for an answer from CGS and haven't heard back)

Should be a great summer. I know some people already have their minds made up, lets see the list of what everybody is growing.

Edit: c-99 from Mosca

hdn155

I did the chocolope last year it was really nice.. a sweet smell of nestle quick chocolate powder.. comes thru in the taste too. I just couldn't source any clones this year but you should really enjoy it. And learn from my mistake, take clones.

Hazeo

Veteran
Hey OrganicBuds,

a really interesting strainlist you are presenting us :D
i would love to grow some of these genetics here in my country: the og-kush, chocolope and so on...
do you think they will be all suitable for growing outdoors, or are there some test-strains in between as well... sometime we have a quite rainy autumn here in my area so i have to be carefull what the put out there...

best wishes for your list!

regards
Hazeo

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting thing some of us learned about hermies....we run cherry pie alot its a staple in many peoples gardens. indoors she sometimes throws a nanner or two, usually without pollen...sometimes you get a bean or two but usually its a hollow empty nanner.

outdoors she has zero nanners and this was seen over multiple gardens hundreds of miles away from eachother....she actually grows much better outdoors, big colas, turns almost dark purple. grows well in non direct light too....

Great info Yes"...my spot s somewhat "indirect" light situation"..cannot wait to see hw the Cherry Pie turns out!

Latest posts

Latest posts