What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strain for Breeding - What is a safe bet?

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Hey guys,
i do breeding my self and i do love it.. i just love this plant.

I do plan already the next run (creating an F4).
But i do search for some informations.. and i do hope that iam right here?

Do u guys know which strain is a safe bet to buy and breed?
Maybe do a F2 - F8 what ever or just get the best male/female and put it on my F3 SVH.

Is there any IBL's that i could buy? I know that Khalifa Genetics is a really good breeder. I do have his Afghan Lemon on my list..
Important for me is the sexually stability.. so no herms.. I hope i can get help here or a discussion :)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey guys,
i do breeding my self and i do love it.. i just love this plant.

I do plan already the next run (creating an F4).
But i do search for some informations.. and i do hope that iam right here?

Do u guys know which strain is a safe bet to buy and breed?
Maybe do a F2 - F8 what ever or just get the best male/female and put it on my F3 SVH.

Is there any IBL's that i could buy? I know that Khalifa Genetics is a really good breeder. I do have his Afghan Lemon on my list..
Important for me is the sexually stability.. so no herms.. I hope i can get help here or a discussion :)
Good question friend. There a as many strains you can breed as people breeding them. A good choice is the one you love the most. Start with every plant you favor as being the best for what you like in the strain. When you come across a new strain you think is special add it to the pool. Keep us posted on your projects if its safe for you.

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Good question friend. There a as many strains you can breed as people breeding them. A good choice is the one you love the most. Start with every plant you favor as being the best for what you like in the strain. When you come across a new strain you think is special add it to the pool. Keep us posted on your projects if its safe for you.
Thank you for reply, Sir!

I appreciate that a lot!
But i did wanted maybe a hint.. who is Selling IBL - Which can i buy?
Or lets go away from IBL's.
What is your tough on Tangieland or Crocket's Tangie?

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Tangie from Crockett's or the Tangie from DNA?
12 Regs vs 6 Regs. Whats the real deal? Seedfinder seems like it is more on the DNA site.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Ace Seeds has some heavily worked lines like Panama and Bangi Haze

From Ace website:

"Genetic analyses show that Bangi Haze has a unique genotype and little genetic variability. Highly recommended sativa for breeding projects, and to develop sativa dominant hybrids of energetic effects, due to its stability, adaptability, resistance, high resin production, and for its elaborated classic prime quality African sativa terpenes and for its chemotype rich in THC and without CBD."

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Three that have proved popular over the years are Skunk #1, Northern Lights, and Original Haze.

Skunk #1 and NL are available from many companies. Original Haze is less widely available pure, maybe MadMac has some.
Thanks for ur opinion, i do appreciate that!
Thats right, thats the reason ive got the Aladdin Skunk in reg in my mind.
Aladdin said i should take the fem version, because its more homogeneous.
But i think i take the regular right, i just take fems if they doesnt exist in regular.. and just a few.. regs over fems for me.

What would u say? Aladdin Skunk in reg or fem?
Its the real skunk.. from the skunkman he put his work for 3 generations in it (Aladdin) so its an IBL.
A safe bet for stability i guess.

I thought as well about northern light. But i did smoked a few years ago 1g in a joint, and i hate this stuff... to hard to carry... that was a trip man.

Which NL should i take? Sensi? 10 Reg seeds cost like 140 bucks, thats so much in my opinion.. to much.

And what u guys think about the Original Glue from Nirvana? I could get 10 reg seeds for the price of 22,50$
In Regular.. not fem.. super curious what u guys think about nirvana. Got still a Girl Scout Cookies bean from Nirvana here. But i know its not the original GSC :/

Rare Dankness (There Commerce City Kush sucked! Super slow growth, did someone of you guys had that)
i dont know about that.

I think i will go with:
Serious Seeds (Safe Bet!!)
Khalifa Genetics (the real deal like serious)
Karma Genetics, i find the biker 41 was not stable, but fire genetics... but u have to select a little bit i think for stability?

And Dark Horse Genetics. He motivated me to breed.. i love jason.. but his savage hulk f2 had a bit of a hermie problem to be honest. Lazar 115 is fire tho.

Sorry for spam and these annoying questions, i hope some of you guys can help me out there :D
Much love guys, thanks :)

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
i vote for ACE seeds, PCK, Malawi are very good for example
PCK = Pakistan Citral Kush i guess?
Thats on my List.
Ive got that:
Bangi Haze for a Haze cross
Panama should be a F20 or something like that? That is dope, but has 10-12 weeks? I do want more of 8-9 weeker. Maybe 10 but thats maximum.

Violeta
PCK on my list.. im not sure tho.

I got a Columbian Thai thats super fire, that is my Sativa plant.
AK-47 x Thai Stick 76. Super fire, super healthy. In 5 L it performs like a elite plant.
I think for that oldscool smell a very fruity savage hulk male is the best i could pair her with.

goingrey

Thanks for ur opinion, i do appreciate that!
Thats right, thats the reason ive got the Aladdin Skunk in reg in my mind.
Aladdin said i should take the fem version, because its more homogeneous.
But i think i take the regular right, i just take fems if they doesnt exist in regular.. and just a few.. regs over fems for me.

What would u say? Aladdin Skunk in reg or fem?
Its the real skunk.. from the skunkman he put his work for 3 generations in it (Aladdin) so its an IBL.
A safe bet for stability i guess.

I thought as well about northern light. But i did smoked a few years ago 1g in a joint, and i hate this stuff... to hard to carry... that was a trip man.

Which NL should i take? Sensi? 10 Reg seeds cost like 140 bucks, thats so much in my opinion.. to much.

And what u guys think about the Original Glue from Nirvana? I could get 10 reg seeds for the price of 22,50$
In Regular.. not fem.. super curious what u guys think about nirvana. Got still a Girl Scout Cookies bean from Nirvana here. But i know its not the original GSC :/

Rare Dankness (There Commerce City Kush sucked! Super slow growth, did someone of you guys had that)
i dont know about that.

I think i will go with:
Serious Seeds (Safe Bet!!)
Khalifa Genetics (the real deal like serious)
Karma Genetics, i find the biker 41 was not stable, but fire genetics... but u have to select a little bit i think for stability?

And Dark Horse Genetics. He motivated me to breed.. i love jason.. but his savage hulk f2 had a bit of a hermie problem to be honest. Lazar 115 is fire tho.

Sorry for spam and these annoying questions, i hope some of you guys can help me out there :D
Much love guys, thanks :)
I always opt for regs when they are available over fems. Not to dismiss Al's advice but yeah, I prefer them.

Original Glue from Nirvana or other Sour Diesel hybrids are not the best option if hermies are your main concern. Nirvana's NL was a good one though, aeons ago when I grew it at least. Sensi's NL regs are very expensive yeah, why I've passed on them also.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
original haze is anything but not safe bet. it is polyhybrid...

stardawg is safe bet. tres dawg is safe bet for good afghan. top dawg.

og kush is safe bet. anything from Archive Seedbank.

malawi from Ace is safe bet. paki chitral is super weak weed.

sour diesel x bangi haze:

full

bangi haze breeds good.

goingrey

There's a very well known better purple heirloom Pakistani but the one IBL seedline of it I'm aware of is from a company of highly ill repute. But sometimes I wonder, what if the reputation is undeserved.