What's new

Stop using Clonex!

SMH

SMH

Clonex wouldnt be the #1 sold rooting compound nor be on the market at all if it kills plants or has any adverse results. My bet is on poorly stored or contaminated product(given there is no variables). General consumer success has kept this in the market as a STRONG competitor! FYI, I just rooted 45 out of 45 clones using clonex gel and solution

LostTribe

Premium user
clonex or any iba left at warm temps will eventually turn to a watery mess that won't work anymore!

Just be ready to get some new packets when it gets too runny! Stuff works great though!

nikolaos_t

Some plant hormones and their analogues are known to be mutagenic, teratogenic and fetotoxic -on animals that is. Hell, they are even toxic on plants in large doses and are used as herbicides. Just wear gloves, don't inhale the stuff and you should be OK.

In my experience, infection and dehydration are the reasons that kill a clone most of the time. If you control these two factors, 99% of your clones will thrive without any other treatment. I remember the times I used plain tap water in a paper cup to successfully root my clones.

You can control infections with some peroxide. Raise humidity to above 90% and you're done. I throw an aquarium heater in a sealed plastic storage box, submerge it in a few inches of water and set the heater's thermostat to just above the ambient. That raises humidity nicely. I put my clones on a platform in the box. I bubble the water with an air pump and drill a small exhaust hole on the lid. Never had a problem.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I wouldn't mind a few more trout....yeehaw..think it will work ????...I have forgotten to add some rooting to my water and done just fine without anything ....woods...for 2 years I used olivias so I must of refined my cloning process as olivias is just weak flowering ferts ...lol...read the label dummy

EastCoast710

this is funny.. because in reality.. the cloning process without anything changes the DNA slightly.. lol. as far as I knew lol .

Humans and primates are at a 1.2% gene difference. So if clonex can even have a small change (1%) in DNA, Id be smoking tomatoes by now. :moon:

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
there should be a way of preventing newbies with less than 50 posts from dredging up old threads just to get their post count up.

Rondon

Clonex is perfectly fine. Just use gloves. Dont get it on your skin. IBA and other root hormones arent exactly safe in concentrate for mammals but its minimal. I dont know if it still does but back in the day when Clonex first came out it contained Nicotinimide....as an anti fungal. Thats not good either but just use gloves. Clonex is fine.

LostTribe

Premium user
I love my clonex but hate when it gets old and turns to water then it doesn't work for shit! Its safe I accidentally drank some once just kidding! Seriously though best rooting hormone period.