What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Still Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Five.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Howizit Oldhaole Thanks for the grow log you inspired me to sign up on this forum, thanks.
Hope you are right about the weather this summer my water tank has been overflowing for a month but that is Puna for you. Aloha

LetsSeeYa

Who me

Who me

You got some inside people do ya, lol. Or just knew right off the bat,

And who the hell gave me them stars? LSY? Was that you?
Busted

You earned it Part One :respect:

And:shucks:i always start the thread out there if i get there first and even if by some disaster the thread is alway going to be Great.

Plus ya crossed with the EE:yay:

LSY

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Looks good OH, mind if I pull up my easy chair? Been thinking about that cloudy environment you've got there. Ever look into Bangi Haze by Ace? Really PM resistant even in extremely damp environments. May be worthwhile to breed into your mix. Kind of airy buds, but prolific (lots of them) and a reek that would put those onions you got fertilizer for to shame. Maybe the only plants I've grown where I could not wash the stink off after even standing in the same room not even touching them.

Best o luck. Can't wait to visit your lovely island again.

praisehim.

Veteran
og something.. alien intercourse..haha. I bet i can guess what it is ;) great show OH, Ill be lurking as always.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Do this right, Green Harvest gets nothing. Fly away empty. More importantly all of my limited holes will be kept working. That'll really piss them off. :moon:

Best of luck with your plan OH, sounds like you got it figured out!

jenery

very nice thread, really like the terraces and hope your mountain grow will bring you a lot of great medicine, keep on the hard work and good luck!

looking good brah! I'll be keeping a close eye on your grow for numerous reasons. First I like your crosses,and secondly Maui is where I became an organic dirt farmer back in the mid 70's. What makes it even better is the read along with the nice pics. Makes you feel like you're reading a great novel!
I'll be watching from da Big Island!

Smunk

Just got caught up on the diary - those kids are lookin' great OH.

All that shovel jumpin's gonna pay off!

oldhaole

Veteran
If you must know... I have yet to settle on a color... so we need to check 'em all out.

Back to the salt mines....and honestly the salt mines are starting to show us a little thing called progress. We had our another scorcher today. The tradewinds are cranking, stripping off the clouds for all of this week. The kiddies are all looking exactly how they should look this early into the trip.

The weather service has informed us that we had about 55% of normal rainfall from the beginning of the new year and that prospects for rain were decreasing as we move into summer. Of course anyone with a set of eyes and a semi functioning brain could have figgured that out for themselves. What does it mean? Simple...great growing weather.

We started with ten or more starts per hole. Now the small plants are showing sex. Here's three girls...the survivors...if you will...still have to get rid of one more plant in this hole.

picture.php

The monthly green Harvest was flown last week. They flew the North Shore side of the island so the choppers never even made an appearance...which was a good thing. So I have three more weeks to cull out the starts and should be down to one or two plants per hole by the next flight. This is also the time to transplant starts around....if you want to go in that direction....which I did.

The two Headband that are kinda close to ready should be taken before the next Green Harvest. After those two disappear I will have nine left inground...if they check, I should be dead on with my numbers.

picture.php

Two clones in the bottom garden have stopped getting taller and have started to bud. These should be ready toward the end of May.

picture.php

Same thing with the gulch rockgarden... Things are looking good.

picture.php

And for the last pic...This was taken this morning from the top of the gulch looking down. An interesting play of sun and shadows. Eventually I'll get up there and top the bamboo.

picture.php

LetsSeeYa

Looks nice bro, great pic's too. How damn tall does bamboo get, if it shading that plant its gotta be pretty damn tall man.

Everything is looking nice and green, ya think its that good deal ya got on them ferts ya got? Great you know the weather, lets hope it plays out this way. I hate the weather man, but wouldnt mind having his job, lol.

LSY

Looking great so far. (as usual)

Do you by chance have pix of your favorite harvest or favorite grow? Just curious. Not that these shot's aren't cool...but if there's a lull in your work schedule...

oldhaole

Veteran
Rusty? My favorite grow? What else? Always, it is the one I'm working on now.

Yea...we all like big plants. The problem is these pics have been seen before...the plants are long gone. That's like resting on past sucesses. Again... your only as good as what your doing now.

Here's a pic from a couple of years ago.

picture.php

Not bad huh?

Doesn't mean nutin'. That plant is long gone.

Now here's some currently growing. Time to take you all out back show off the testers. I'm pretty sure that these will all make standards....if they didn't...you wouldn't be seeing them. Here they are....some of my test plants. As soon as the seeds mature...they are out of here.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LSY... The bamboo is about 20 ft tall. And you can bet I'm happy about scoring free ferts. I love free stuff....can't beat the price. Hell....I have ...maybe...20 bucks...less...in each hole.

Dog shit compost...free.

Ferts...free.

Dirt...Shit...I had to pay for that...

In a month or two I'll get at the free bamboo and make some free cages to support the girls.

Notice a common thread?

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
great pics from your past harvest. Looking forward to seeing how this story pans out.

ps - I like a nice dark Tangerine color myself

Dirtboy808

Veteran
oldhaole
Great report! What I love about the islands is the different weather. You are 50% of rain fall Hilo is at 97% and pour Kauai is at 273% they have been getting pounded. And one good thing NOAA said for us is lower then normal temps which keeps the opelo away but also the hurricanes 2degrees makes a huge difference in water temps.I'm going to be like the kid in class next to you and copy the best i can.It will most likely be next year when I have good strains to work with. I have grown big ones but never harvested them usually GH helped me. lol This is my 2nd summer with a MMJ card. I went to this place called the Bannana Patch in 69 it was a eye opener. Aloha Bra

LetsSeeYa

Happy Happy Birthday!

Happy Happy Birthday!

So have a good one my buddy, pal, brotha and the Master of Monsters.:plant grow: Missed 420 by only 4 days,:biggrin:

Premo making bud man, have a great day bro, its not often we turn 30 is it. So when ya lite that first one this morning you can think of me, the B-Day surprise party we are having for ya on your thread. Yeah that 5 Star thread, i have confidence with your plan, sounds perfect to me!

So happy Birthday my friend, have a good one:friends: :groupwave:

LSY:wave: