What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Still Another Crappy Day in Paradise....Part Five.

oldhaole

Veteran
Oh for Jeebus sake...Your not proud? Ya' should be. I sure am.

Along with many of the unwashed masses that call this rock home.

We live in an area with very high humidity. That's a fact. I'm not likely to point out the plants were sprayed with Neem. I expect it. I'd be much more likely to point out and comment on the PM that would be in the process of eating your plant....ie. the lack of neem....

And Grey is 100% right....if I have a comment...It's seldom held back....Unless your a total spaz...and it's one of those cases where hopeless and hardhead go hand in hand....of which Grey is neither.

Put in those shoes, I don't think any one of us would sit back and do nothing. And it only takes a couple of dewey nights and the neem is washed off...when the PM comes back so does the neem.

Where I get the kick out of is Grey can send something decent....not quite top drawer...but pretty damn good, to a cup where he takes fourth place. The Skunkdog took the potency part hands down. And all the idio....sorry...contestants... thought it was indoor....

Along with the judges too.

Think of what the outcome would have been if he wasn't borderline sandbagging. Hold on...I'm not saying he did that on purpose. What he sent was good...just not the best. If he had a little more in stock to choose from he possibly could have taken first. Think of the Valley with a decent cure....instead of "Shit this is all I have...Last oz....give it a shot."

Now this doesn't surprise me. A couple of decades ago Hawaii was known to produce the best weed. Admitted that was then....but it still holds true. There's no big secret...we're just 1000 miles closer to the equator than the rest of the Continental U.S.

Grey grows showflowers. He's willing to lose some yield for perfection. Very few people will do that. I sure as hell won't.

He is one of the top three growers I have had the pleasure of knowing....And I don't count myself anywhere on that list either. He knows his shit....Period.

I love the idea that Grey dropped a turd in the punchbowl. Just think of how that went over....all the usual suspects gathered to pat themselves on the back....maybe sample the whares.

"What's this number four?"
"Who entered this?"
"Never seen it before. What outfit put this together?"
"Judges thought it was stoney as Hell. Pulled straight 9.5's"
"Oh fourth? Some clown from Maui grew this in his backyard"
"WTF? No Fuckin' way" That's outdoor?"
Too bad he sprayed the shit out of it with Neem"

Sorry Grey....I had to add that....now we found the sore spot we know where to poke.:woohoo:

I'd pay money to see how the rest of that that conversation went.

I think you brought a little taste of the respect Hawaii is used to. Next time send the good stuff....and lose the modesty.

Now let me tell you about Rusty....

He and Weez are two of the best shit stirrers out there. There so good you don't hardly know your shit has been stirred.

Not to worry Rusty. More dogs, more shit, Got a mountain ready for next year. Top quality nasty....but I gotta save something for Christmas.

Gee...I was just wonderin', lol...Was definately NOT trying to demean or insult.

But I was curious mainly about the potential for the oil 'melting' the trich head. (I hear) folks use oils and oil-based solvents for extractions, (cannola or coconut oils, butter...) made me wonder about the neem, even at the diluted rate.

So your secret 'hole rejuvenation' process involves pit-shit? Cool...have you fed them different dog food brands, looking for the perfect fertilizer 'blend'? Does canned or dry give a better result? I wonder if you used chihuahua shit, if you'd end-up with little popcorn buds...? I have 2 chihuahua's, a Jack Russel and a bird-dog x pit mix. Which do you think would do better? I also have a cat, but not real sure where SHE goes. Hae you tried catcrap? (just tryin to pick the brains of the guru's, lol)

So when do I apply the Neem...? 5-6 weeks into flower was it...? <kidding>

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Piss

Piss

RT Over on this island we use Mongoose piss, can send you one but you will to train it. Oh may be using deer piss that is a old Molokai trick I heard of when I was picing pinapples for football training.
Gee...I was just wonderin', lol...Was definately NOT trying to demean or insult.

But I was curious mainly about the potential for the oil 'melting' the trich head. (I hear) folks use oils and oil-based solvents for extractions, (cannola or coconut oils, butter...) made me wonder about the neem, even at the diluted rate.

So your secret 'hole rejuvenation' process involves pit-shit? Cool...have you fed them different dog food brands, looking for the perfect fertilizer 'blend'? Does canned or dry give a better result? I wonder if you used chihuahua shit, if you'd end-up with little popcorn buds...? I have 2 chihuahua's, a Jack Russel and a bird-dog x pit mix. Which do you think would do better? I also have a cat, but not real sure where SHE goes. Hae you tried catcrap? (just tryin to pick the brains of the guru's, lol)

So when do I apply the Neem...? 5-6 weeks into flower was it...? <kidding>

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
now that we are on the subject of neem... did ya know that plain old milk can be diluted with 8 parts water and works as a foliar against PM? the other day I was spraying all my girls with neem after seeing a few bugs in veg and about 3 hours later took a plant down and trimmed it. ( I had run out of my favorite morning smoke and pulled a sativa a couple weeks early) I was worried about the neem affecting flavor but I couldn't taste a thing different.

congrats on the win Grey!

here's what I use to make the spraying go easier, this thing blasts into the interior of your plants for full coverage. the pressure is intense enough to dislodge pesky critters and their offspring but doesn't destroy tender growth.

I love this tool!

5016501001762lg.jpg

Is that a battery powered compressor? Pretty cool.

Used the trigger sprayer for years, but finally got smart. I've taken to using the 2 gallon pump sprayer in the shower. It's way quicker, way better coverage, and my forearms don't knot-up before I'm half way done, like with a regular trigger sprayer.

How's a mongoose get along with dogs...? And what do you have to train 'em to do...use toilet paper?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Pretty sure the Mongoose would eat a Chihuahua! ;)

That's a neat power sprayer! Gonna have to look into it!

OH, say it aint so! I so love reading your logs!!!!! Sure running clones is kinda boring, oooooohhh, aaaaaahhhh,.... 5' bush,.... oooooooohhhh,.... nother 5' bush,.....

Hell of a lot better than my 1.5' shrubs! :eek::

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
it's a HVLP paint sprayer. you plug it in and it sounds like a semi quiet vacuum cleaner.
it rocks.

OH, say it aint so! I so love reading your logs!!!!! Sure running clones is kinda boring, oooooohhh, aaaaaahhhh,.... 5' bush,.... oooooooohhhh,.... nother 5' bush,.....
Hell of a lot better than my 1.5' shrubs! :eek::
Perhaps...but OH has to put-up with stuff like weird weather, ladies runnin' around in bikini's all over, and that ever-present danger of being attacked by the Japanese. (again)

oldhaole

Veteran
Just Another Day

Just Another Day

...of solid perfection.

The trades are cranking...and look to be hanging around all next week. Lows in the low 50's. Highs might reach 70. Sunny. Dry.

About the only problems are the Whiteflies, and Aphids. A good rain would fix their wagon....I can spray the plant each day, but the cover plants are infested. More bugs just replace the dead ones. If this keeps up I'm gonna have to bust the powerwasher out and clean those cover plants out.

The garden is slowly getting whipped into shape. Finding areas that have good dirt and sun is getting harder....but I've almost have the limit reached. Now I'm turning new soil close to the bamboo.

picture.php

The Daywrecker, Legand OG, Unknown OG, and C99 have all had clones sucessfully taken off of them. With the next generation going, the moms are now all planted. Next log I'll tell you how they work out.

The five Midnight Madness from seed are starting to bud. Not quite the structure I was hopping for, but Festivus did warn me. On the left plant, branches are closely spaced together, I'm gonna cut a few out, otherwise mold will be a problem down the road. The biggest has a totally different structure....one we can work with. The flowers are only dime sized....but this one I took a cut off of for later. A fruity smell, this has potential.

picture.php

picture.php

Anyway....the garden is comming back together. But I took the last two HP-13's a few days back and we have nothing more ready for the rest of the year.

I have noticed we have a couple of new Upcountry growers starting grow logs...and there go the property values.

So I'm gonna do what I should have done a while ago....Take this outback and put her down. There's such a thing as starting all over again....and it's time.

Rusty...Gonna have to wait until next year to ask those questions I really don't want to answer.

Dirtboy...pickin pineapples on Molokai? You an old man too huh? No deer piss for me....I'm still training my mongoose.

Chunky....that would work...but it needs a bigger resivoir. I prefer my backpack sprayer.

picture.php

Canni....I'll be back with the new year. Have a nice warm sunset while your waiting. And tell Rusty to stop stirring...save his strength for next year.

My partner has my green flash protection devices waiting.
It won't be long now...almost there.
This log is in the history books...
Beam me up Scotty.

picture.php

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad i shaved before you took the pic
see you next thread homie!

and probably tomorrow, too hahahaha

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
simply beautiful. en eloquent end to one of the better written threads ( or i guess i should say series of threads, since this has turned in to a saga) on all the boards. thank you so much for sharing haole. enjoy your holidays. you worked hard this year bro, you deserve it.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Ya OH I'm a old local hole too. Have a wonderful holiday and see you next year! And may your plants grow huge not like those little scrubs down in the low lands. Aloha

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Puma

Puma

Good thing they have a loud rotor problem. Made the fire drill easy. Wife is going to Kona today, good. So it will be me and them. I will bust out the eggnog for those poor boys. Latters

Not too certain I got the story right OH...but is there any truth to the rumor that you're vacationing up north, crab fishing on the Cornelia Marie...?