What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sterling skunk aka sterling green aka road kill skunk

JayWilly

Sterling skunk topped and tied down

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506_070459_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230506_070459_Gallery.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 78

JayWilly

@JayWilly How did those turnout? I’ve got a pack I want to pop. I really want to grow them inside though but on the csi website he says some stability issues may occur inside.
I ran them a few weeks into bloom and decided to ditch them. Most had no smell to them a few were extremely leafy so I decided it wasn't worth my time to go any further with them. I got chemdog D running now along with some ghost og ,uk cheese and mendo fire and they all smell more than those sterlings ,I did only run half a pack tho so maybe running more would uncover something better.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah sounds like the strain needed some work, but the skunky ones are in there. Kaleb from Humboldt CSI had a recently released interview with @Heavy Dayze on the Potcast and talked about them being not a great stand alone line, but a rather building block for a good hybrid. He recommended crossing them with something like Deep Chunk to help them grow better and bring out the terpenes.

Have a batch going, check them out, about to start flowering!

full

Green Highland

I ran them a few weeks into bloom and decided to ditch them. Most had no smell to them a few were extremely leafy so I decided it wasn't worth my time to go any further with them. I got chemdog D running now along with some ghost og ,uk cheese and mendo fire and they all smell more than those sterlings ,I did only run half a pack tho so maybe running more would uncover something better.
Ah, that’s too bad. I’ll probably pop them next and see what’s up.

Dr.Mantis

I’ve got 3 sterling skunks going right now in veg. Two females and one male. Both females smell pretty acrid, with one being more promising than the other. The male however is very rank and extremely greasy/sticky. Handling the male stem or leaves makes your fingers feel like you just squeezed a fresh flower. So far, these are the “skunkiest” plants I’ve grown. I am eager to see how this translates to flower.

midwestkid

Veteran
I’ve got 3 sterling skunks going right now in veg. Two females and one male. Both females smell pretty acrid, with one being more promising than the other. The male however is very rank and extremely greasy/sticky. Handling the male stem or leaves makes your fingers feel like you just squeezed a fresh flower. So far, these are the “skunkiest” plants I’ve grown. I am eager to see how this translates to flower.
keep us posted! thanks

Green Highland

Yeah sounds like the strain needed some work, but the skunky ones are in there. Kaleb from Humboldt CSI had a recently released interview with @Heavy Dayze on the Potcast and talked about them being not a great stand alone line, but a rather building block for a good hybrid. He recommended crossing them with something like Deep Chunk to help them grow better and bring out the terpenes.

Have a batch going, check them out, about to start flowering!

full
That’s my plan with my pack of sterling skunk. I’ll make a repro with all the males and females to increase fur myself, going to start that next run and I’m going to save some X-18 pollen from this run to put on them. Just flowering out the x-18 right now so probably do that pollinating next run as well.

JayWilly

I kept 1 clone of a male sterling skunk that had the structure i perfer. I might use it down the road on one of my stinky females to see what comes out of the cross . Right now it's just gonna sit In the corner.

Dr.Mantis

I kept 1 clone of a male sterling skunk that had the structure i perfer. I might use it down the road on one of my stinky females to see what comes out of the cross . Right now it's just gonna sit In the corner.
How’s the stem rub on your male? I’m bad at describing smells, but mine is sorta dead meat and compost. Also he’s very greasy.

JayWilly

How’s the stem rub on your male? I’m bad at describing smells, but mine is sorta dead meat and compost. Also he’s very greasy.
Stem rub on my clone is Slightly skunky . I kept the most vigorous male. He was the tallest and had the darkest leaves that were almost shiny like he also started flowering first. When I first ran these I was gonna do a repo of this line but using 2 skunky phenos to narrow it down but those plans changed. My winning sterling female wasn't very skunky so I decided to ditch that project.

Funkwizard

Hello! Planning on running some of these outdoors over the next few seasons, I’ve got a whole lot of Old School, Cheese and Skunk seeds I have stocked up that I am looking forward to getting through. I have one pack of these Sterlings and am Eager to get another, going to be running these outdoors in the Northern Midwest in some rich native soil, I’m excited to see how these specifically do outdoors with them coming from New England. It seems to me that the really volatile but immaculate thiols and esters start to really shine when it starts getting cold - near harvest time. Anyways, I’ll be sure to let you guys know how things go along over the next few seasons, will be a lot of hard work but I’m going to let nature shine.

Stem rub on my clone is Slightly skunky . I kept the most vigorous male. He was the tallest and had the darkest leaves that were almost shiny like he also started flowering first. When I first ran these I was gonna do a repo of this line but using 2 skunky phenos to narrow it down but those plans changed. My winning sterling female wasn't very skunky so I decided to ditch that project.

What's this skunk-y word going around referring to literally everything? Kinda like Europeans calling themself jew-ish, I assume fraudulent impostor immediately. You're either a skunk or you're not, no "ish" involved.

revegeta666

Once in a European Jewish forest, a skunkish skunk named ThievingDrugCriminal lived. ThievingDrugCriminal loved all things Jewish European. ThievingDrugCriminal's skunky den smelled skunky, and ThievingDrugCriminal's European Jewish friends were skunky too. ThievingDrugCriminal's skunky adventures were legendary. ThievingDrugCriminal joined a skunky Jewish European forum. He really enjoyed posting in skunky threads that had died months ago, because he liked to think of himself as someone whose skunky opinions mattered to anyone but his skunkish self. ThievingDrugCriminal's Jewish European relatives, skunky as they were, admired ThievingDrugCriminal's skunkish ways. ThievingDrugCriminal's skunky dreams were full of skunkish delights. And so, ThievingDrugCriminal the skunky skunk lived happily ever after, in a Jewish European world of skunkish wonders.

Edit - corrected one skunky to skunkish

Last edited:

JetLife175

Veteran
I was gifted a pack of seeds called Mad River Valley skunk from an area in Vermont I think where there's a ski area and before I got an opportunity to pop them somebody broke into our every vehicle at our job site overnight and everything was taken they even took the ashtrays out of three trucks believe it or not I don't I don't know, I grew up really enjoying those old skunk king of ours I do just about anything to be able to have them in my stable constantly growing that I could open pollinate and just take down a line to see what's there
For geographies sake, the mad river is located in Northern California. I had property that ran along that river. Miss that place.

OldSoG

if i recall correctly, Goat & Monkey seeds acquired them and passed some along to CSI and bodhi and possibly to StrayFox too.