What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sterling skunk aka sterling green aka road kill skunk

JayWilly

Humm Pretty sure I first heard about this strain back in 2012-2014ish from bodhi seeds when he bred it to a jb chem91 and released them at the seed depot as skunk91 and also a breeding he called dirty hippy witch i belive is his snow lotus x sterling skunk . Back then he was calling the sterling skunk, road kill skunk witch cought my interest at the time but like plenty of other breeders saying they had the real deal rks i waiting to see reports first (as alot of breeders were tring to cash in on the name, nothing new) . .I have yet to see a pure sterling skunk grow journal or report and the few skunk91 reports I seen didn't sound to promising. Anyone here to enlighten me or post some pics/info? Last time I seen the real deal rks was back in 2000 on the east coast and we just called it skunk bud and for a few years prior to that that was all my area was getting along with maybe some higher priced bud such as skunk#1 ,northern lights, and white widow. The stuff was sold as middies or middle grade bud but the seeds could grow plants way better then the bud it came from possibly cause of low quality grow ,handling ,shipping etc. Definitely a unique indica in every category and so so stinky. Anyways I've seen nothing sense then that resembles or smells like what we had. Hoping someday it shows up or these sterlings hold the genetics.

Synthracer

For oldschool smells, I would go with these:
That's the best source for oldschool skunk I have found. Haven't grown it, but if I decide to grow skunk I would definitely go along with those beans

JayWilly

For oldschool smells, I would go with these:
That's the best source for oldschool skunk I have found. Haven't grown it, but if I decide to grow skunk I would definitely go along with those beans
Well with enough skunk#1 grows out there you would of think that at least 1 person would of found the rks in there . My guess from growing both is there not related

GanjaGrin

I thought Sam skunk man bred the skunk #1 toward fruity terps and not skunky terps. That’s why no one finds rks phenos in skunk #1. I have been told this by well known respected breeders so I would assume it’s true. But the sterling skunk has me interested. Stray fox has some crosses with it and I was thinking about grabbing some.

Edit* I found out the first skunk #1 release was a true skunky skunk #1. Then Sam began selecting toward the more sweet smelling and also released it as skunk #1. It would be awesome to find the real original skunky variety!

Last edited:

JayWilly

Humboldt CSI just released some Sterling Skunk seeds on his site
Yeah I ordered them the day he released them to add to the library but I'm probably not gonna get to them anytime soon with other stuff guaranteed to be dank coming first . Like I said I would like to see some reports first before I commit to anything. I've ran plenty of other strain packs from multiple breeders just to be unsatisfied with it and consider it a waisted grow ( I'm picky)

JayWilly

I thought Sam skunk man bred the skunk #1 toward fruity terps and not skunky terps. That’s why no one finds rks phenos in skunk #1. I have been told this by well known respected breeders so I would assume it’s true. But the sterling skunk has me interested. Stray fox has some crosses with it and I was thinking about grabbing some.
I've tried a few different skunk#1's from differnt breeders over the years and I've yet to see a skunky example . Cheesy,fruity, hay, yes but nothing really skunky. Now I've tried a few diffenrt strains like critical mass that use the skunk#1 in its genetics that were semi skunky but still nothing comparable to the other skunk I'm talking about

HillBillyAlien

ive heard the smells to be like skunky dank red doritos or something. i have 14 in veg right now and they all look uniform kinda. the stem rub smell is very dank, i kinda smell the doritos meaning on it. so far so good. hopefully no intersex issues when its time to flower.

JayWilly

ive heard the smells to be like skunky dank red doritos or something. i have 14 in veg right now and they all look uniform kinda. the stem rub smell is very dank, i kinda smell the doritos meaning on it. so far so good. hopefully no intersex issues when its time to flower.
Sounds like how bodhi described it on Instagram. I do like bodhi but running enough of his gear I don't think his descriptions are very accurate and I perfer someone who isn't in the game to give there opinion. Keep me updated on your grow . The skunk bud I ran years ago smelled like skunk in veg. That would be enough of a reason for me to run these

Plookerkingjon

I was gifted a pack of seeds called Mad River Valley skunk from an area in Vermont I think where there's a ski area and before I got an opportunity to pop them somebody broke into our every vehicle at our job site overnight and everything was taken they even took the ashtrays out of three trucks believe it or not I don't I don't know, I grew up really enjoying those old skunk king of ours I do just about anything to be able to have them in my stable constantly growing that I could open pollinate and just take down a line to see what's there

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw that on the Humboldt CSI site, and thought about it, then I saw your thread. Would be a good addition to the stock. I wonder how stable it is.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went ahead and got a pack of Sterling Skunk for the garden next year. Anyone have pictures or other information? I will see what I can find an
d post it here. Thanks

Last edited:

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Here is an old Afghani Skunk that was created in the 80s here in Eastern Kentucky... It is the old Ky Skunk x purple afghani (hindu kush). I got super lucky getting these beans via the son of the late man that created it. Out of the beans I popped I got all females 2 leaned hard to the Afghani and the other 2 leaned extremely hard to the skunk.

These photos were taken in the mid to late 30 dayish mark. Shes at day 50 now and the raw Skunk spray is getting danker by the day. The real deal folks, been here for a many years! :tiphat:

20230413_104109.jpg

20230413_104134.jpg

20230413_104149.jpg