What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Steele's Surprise :-)

G

guest3854

Right on Blaner , I'm sure your next round you'll be able to get em to produce better .

These pics were taken 'bout 4 days ago . Tha stalk is about as thick as my pinky
finger and about 18" tall

Steele

G

Guest 16149

Steel

Yes I will do a much better job my next go around with them, gotta redo the flower room and sanitize it, will be taking down all the plants in that room and starting over, but I do have nice clones of both the SMM and the Blue Sonja.
When I run them again I will give them a go in hydro :)

Btw I think Tarzan was on the right track on these, they really reek like my Bubba Kush S'1s did, an almost coffee and meaty cross of a smell.
I think it is Bubba, was Tarzan right?
It definitely has the Bubba smell, not the Blue Sonja, so if it was a cross it looks like the Bubba may have dominated the cross, but that is just my very humble opinion, regardless, it smells great and cannot wait to get to smoke some of it.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
damn, i go fishing for a weekend and all this goes down? well im tuned in now i hope i didnt miss all of the fun.

if one were interested in getting some of these flavors would he go to the bay?

G

Guest 16149

I believe Steel said more beans will hit the bay in about a month or so.

Ickis

Veteran
I have some Steele's Surprise plants that I am waiting to show sex. I will post some pics when they do. It should be in about a week.

Your plants look real nice Steele.

Ickis

Veteran
It's looking like 1 male and 2 female surprise plants.

I started soaking 10 Blue Sonja seeds and all 10 I dropped (kept 5 for the vault) sunk and popped in 12 hours. I am going straight to dirt with them because they are no doubt about it viable and germing. It's on like Donkey Kong now. This could be a super summer thanks to GrindHouse and other private breeders.

I have some females that I am cloning off a female Chemdog x Afghani #1 (Hip Cat) and several female G-13/Diesel by Head Seeds. I am going to start four Chemdog 4 x Tresdawg seeds to soaking in hopes of finding more females from Hip Cat genetics.

Once again a big THANK YOU to GrindHouse and SeedBay for a chance to grow this stuff.

G

guest3854

Right on Blaner , so you chopped 'em , yeah ? They look good , I'm sure you'll get plenty of satisfaction outta 'em .

Ickis , stoked to hear you received some of those "Mystery" , I can say they are super crip . Tha Sonja , if you haven't read , is a project close to my heart and of great medicinal value ; I expect you'll love her as much as we do . No doubt your gonna have a great fall this year with tha variety that you have .

Thanks for rollin' with The GrindHouse ,
Steele

G

Guest 16149

Steel
Here are the Nugs from the Mystery Mix, Almost dry, waiting for it to cure a little before I dive in, then I will do a smoke report.

btw it smells great :)

Ickis

Veteran
OK I ended up with 2 females. I put them back to 24/0 to reveg them. The the cloning starts soon. Wohoo!

G

guest3854

Happy to hear 'bout your favorable female ratio Ickis , from reports , I'd suggest incrossing tha male found , against tha females for seed later on down tha line .

Anxious to hear your take on your results Blaner , looks like a quality stack of herb there ...

Tha females we have in bloom are getting HUGE , I'll try to get some pics in tonight of 'em . No doubt these have made one crip ass cross .....

Steele

Ickis

Veteran
I would need to know what it is to keep a male. People are growing them and now flowering them. What is the cross? It's time to reveal.

G

guest3854

Cat outta tha bag !

Cat outta tha bag !

You fellas that were sent these , are growing out tha Prophet . My S1 Bubba from Cali Kush Seeds X Blue Sonja F2 males were used for this initial test cross . Now moving on to using tha infamous pre'98 Bubba and our Blue Sonja males , this offering is a new installment in kick ass genetics from tha GrindHouse .

Several folks here have grown 'em out with kick ass results , most notably my friend Aeric , check out his comments on post 165 and following it to tha next page fer pics ! http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=52346&page=11&pp=15
We acquired these test girls back from Aeric to test for ourselves , now and against tha new version once complete . You can believe THIS will be a superior Bubba hybrid , created due to tha love of both parent plants .

Enjoy fellas ,
Steele

Last edited:
G

Guest 16149

Thanks for the chance to grow these Steele, found them very enjoyable, hope more people will try theirs out now that they know what it is :)

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
thats one cat im glad to see :bow: :bow: :bow: that has to be one of the best mystery strains put out there ever, much respect to you steele.

Ickis

Veteran
This is a nice surprise Steel Savage. I just don't have the room to keep this male. I have a beautiful S1 Bubba Kush myself. I also have the Katsu Bubba Kush and the pre 98 Bubba Kush. I was already planning to keep a nice male from my Blue Sonja seedlings I have now to make myself some seeds. I worry the seed pipeline will be closed one day.

I am going to use a male Chemdog D x Afghani #1 (Hip Cat) to dust a bud or two of each Profit. Then I am going to toss him. I was saving him for the Chemdog D genetics but I now have Chem D bx2 seeds which would be a better source of Chem genetics.