What's new

Stealthy Stacked Tubs

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
thanks man, they work great for veg but i use a bathroom exhaust fan in my larger flowering cab. i tried 2 pc fans and they didnt seem to do the job, especially not in the summer...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
plants are looking nice man. 1 suggestion, if you dont feel like dealing with over/under fertilizing, think about organics.

And now I'll share with yallz some of my recent smokings. Long live the PNW and the flourishing cannabis community here! Met so many amazing kind and caring people through this plant lately and just wanted to share some positive vibes! Just had surgery last week and got tons of support and compassionate donations that have kept me in a state of blissful relief throughout this shitty time.

IMG_20130203_191408_zps777d9aa5.jpg

^ Power Plant + White Strawberry wax. Delicious!

IMAG0326_zpsd953ac07.jpg

^ Clallam Candy + Purple Urkle wax. Even better! I hope I run across this local strain again in the future... super dense purple nugs with nice orange hairs and a taste of sweet black liqorice that's out of this world.

IMAG0337-2_zps24ecc86d.jpg

^ Little hash stash. So grateful for the homie hooking this care package up! Has been a nice experience having this many flavors to sample from... makes it a lot easier to pinpoint what strains/terpene profiles I like. Thanks again buddy!

thanks man, they work great for veg but i use a bathroom exhaust fan in my larger flowering cab. i tried 2 pc fans and they didnt seem to do the job, especially not in the summer...

Gotcha thanks for the input. I've got a 4" canfan hooked up to the flowering chamber right now so I should be way good on ventillation for that atleast. My mom cab is just gonna be a tiny lightproof 5gallon tote... just big enough to squeeze in a few bonsai moms and some clones. Probably will just run 1 or 2 23w cfl's in there just so heat is never an issue.

plants are looking nice man. 1 suggestion, if you dont feel like dealing with over/under fertilizing, think about organics.

I have HEAVILY considered this route and was actually using compost teas in my last DWC/hydro setup. But this setup was built for a friend who is a first time grower and I know he's not willing to put forth the effort to make/store compost teas so for now it's simple smell-free synthetics. I'll most likely brew some teas up and bring em over to see how the plants like em.

Thanks for stopping by! Tony you and me both bro... Turned a few grams into coconut oil pills and they've got me flyyyyin. So stoked that I'm exposed to such amazing meds!

Awww yea! Scrap the two separate chambers idea! Looks like by going vert this cab will be able to run both my 150w CMH's at the same time.

Little preview in a minute. Kind of butchered the rubbermaid at this point and we need to find a little bigger "utility" bin to fit the newly purchased carbon filter so things will keep changing. I'm hoping to have a polished version of this to show off to you guys soon!

IMAG0342_zpsfe5f9a68.jpg

^ So there you can kind of see what I'm going for. Each light will be mounted in the center of an exhaust hole in order to better deal with the heat. We will also be getting a circulation fan going in here eventually once funds allow.

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
nice man, interested in seeing the 150 CMH's go to work. you need a ballast to power them correct?

Thanks tleaf!

sour you're correct, these are running on 2 digital GE pulse start metal halide ballasts. They seem to be doing well so far, providing tight nodes and healthy growth. Now that we're into flower I'm starting to see a few of the girls developing trichs. Eventually I'd like to add another bulb to the mix as well for experimentation... a 100w UV-B reptile bulb. This would end up costing about $35 but I've always wondered if they actually made a difference in trich production since we'll be making oil from some of these harvests.

2000pm

Looking good man!

How's the bottom feeding going? I'm loving the ease of it myself. Also using maxi and having some early issues but I think I got most of them ironed out. Just doing lucas? What is your flushing schedule been like or is that drip clean just going in every feed?

Sorry for the 20 questions!

Thanks bro, no problem at all!

It's been going awesome. So easy... havent run into any issues as far as that goes. I'm actually doing a mix of top feeding and bottom feeding based on my laziness at the time.

We actually stopped using drip clean after that first over use. Scared us so much that we decided to just wait and start using it on the next round of plants.

I've been doing basically feed feed flush. Plan is to work drip clean gently into the lineup and just feed till they bleed.

Also I'm using maxi + silica and cal-nit/epsom salts to handle the cal-mag deficiencies that I've heard so much about in coco. Seems to be working well... but we'll find out for sure once we get a smooth run to go down without any major stressors.

They're on about week 7 from seed, probably week 5 flower. I started watering multiple times a day and doing the dr.bud method of full submersion. Plants are looking real healthy now and have quickly frosted up. Any advice on how I can retain these genetics at this point? I'm considering using colloidal silver to produce fem pollen as a last resort.

quinoa64

Submersion feeding is fun, isn't it? I mean, you can feel that shit working as the container gets heavier, taking on more water. And then a nice quick drain and you feel it getting lighter again as the air is drawn in.

It takes a while, tho. I'm still figuring out whether I should meditate, or sing a song, or just breathe on the plant or what?

Yea, like a quick flood and drain cycle or something. I like it a lot with coco cause it seems like I'll be able to flush easier along the way by varying my watering methods. I will say that after doing a few of the dunks it seems the rootmass is much happier, with more fine root hairs all throughout. I do like 4 quick dunk/drain cycles before putting them back.