Stealthy LED Project - help wanted

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
Mo' betta now.:)

I'm impressed!

As will you,
when you see what those pups can do.

Got 2 Debutantes coming out early 'cause they vegged too well.
2big.JPG
Got tired of cutting them back.
Now, I flower in UV filtered, sunlight, because it's free.

But my lensed 5W. emitters still raise fine chirrun.
2 lings 6 clones.jpg

Can't wait to see your grow log.

Aloha,
Weeze

J

Jopedijoo

Mo' :artist: as promised, s'il vous plait...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=15902

I don't know how to thank you guys Weeze, Giblets and Old Mac for all the help you've given me with this project..! Would this be the real world I'd throw you a party :friends: Be this the internet I'll just have to vape a tomato in your honor :smoke: Thanks again guys, it's been a pleasure :greenstars:

J

Jopedijoo

Mo' betta now.:)

I'm impressed!

Thank you :tiphat:

As will you,
when you see what those pups can do.

Looking forward to that part :plant grow:

Got 2 Debutantes coming out early 'cause they vegged too well.
View attachment 48916
Got tired of cutting them back.
Now, I flower in UV filtered, sunlight, because it's free.

Wow, aren't they tall! Nice! I'll have to grow bonsai style, I've got three feet height max on the other side of the cab measured from the "ground".

But my lensed 5W. emitters still raise fine chirrun.
View attachment 48917

Looking good :good:

Can't wait to see your grow log.

Sure. Will have to think about it...

giblets

Very nice job. :tiphat:

Be careful with soil moisture. I'm sure you've read that LED-grown plants use less water. When you combine this fact with the tendency of so many noobs to overwater, it explains so many of those "My ferst grow with my 5-ban UFO" grow journals that end after 3 weeks with sad-looking plants and an unhappy LED customer. Extra perlite (or other ways to lighten the soil) is helpful, but sooner or later you might want to try growing in coco. Its characteristics complement LEDs as a light source perfectly.

In addition, the roots will populate goofy-shaped containers in coco--no gotta have traditional pot shape. With your height restriction you could use short, fat containers like grow bags or huge pots cut off at half-height...use your imagination...and add a few inches to the effective height of your grow space.

In the meantime (in soil), when you transplant to larger containers, don't go TOO large. One little increment at a time. You want the plant to be able to drink the water before it goes stale in the pot and drowns the plant. It's not going to evaporate away like it would under hot lights. Extra stones in the bottom, extra perlite in the medium...keep your nutes light to start, too. All the time the plant is drinking, the nutes are becoming more concentrated. (Unless the solution is so weak that the plant can use the nutes faster than the water, which is not going to be very effective.) With coco, you basically are flushing out the old nutes every watering, and the plant won't drown even if you water twice a day! Really! (So, you can use stronger nutes without burns and lockouts.)

A 200 watt LED grow in coco will easily surpass a 400 watt HPS grow in soil, both in quality and yield. You just gotta dial it in, and that's pretty easy. Good luck, and good job!

Latest posts

Latest posts