What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

StealthDragon's Micro Multi Perpetual Boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Hey wsup SD. ur plants r looking really really really great.

also that super skunk looks superdooper good. even thou the pix came out blury.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
ccfl stuff

ccfl stuff

Thanks alot Cheese! :wave:

34 days of 12/12.

I think next round I'll leave the lights setup the same and run 8 plants, 4 on each side of the lights. That was the original plan but I didn't have enough clones at the time. I know I won't be satisfied with the yield of this first attempt because I bet I could squeeze 3x as much growth in there. I'll probably just fim alot like Boleman is doing to keep growth short and bushy.

I got a steal on a pair of speaker boxes! They are about 3x the size of my current ones, which to me is huge LOL!! 9x14x25! I'll be sure to document that build in the upcoming weeks.

P

Paranoid one

Looking really nice SD!
Looking forward to that build!
Keep up the good show!

Those blue and white tubes, are those lights?

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
lol I actually considered making 2 levels...but then I thought that I might as well flip it on it's side if I did that. but then flipping it sideways didn't work out so...

well here's a ccfl update. day 38/60

It seems the plant on the far side of the lights isn't producing too much. I think the roots got a bit damaged and dried out. The one (2) on the closer side of the lights is doing good though. It's not filling out quite like I thought it would. but there's 3 weeks left still. We'll see what happens. :dunno:

hah ur the 1 that jacked my scale...lol. Diablo Fuzion? i have a question though arent those ccfl lights the same as the neons that they sell for the the rice burners(mostly seen in imports) to look spiffy? the 12v car/audio neons to light the interior/exterior of a car. Either way you got a nice setup goin and a good example of not needing a 100+ watts to produce buds.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
hi rollinmachine, thanks. I've seen ccfl kits advertised for cars. I've also seen small neon kits for cars as well though. I actually went to a local "pimp yo ride" type place and the guy didn't know wtf ccfls were and he tried selling me some lil neon kit for about 200$. I think it was about 4' of neon total.

sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with some side projects:dance013:

ccfl stuffs @ ~42 days 12/12
picture.php

looking pretty good I spoze. I'm disappointed in the one plant, it's barely producing anything so far...but the other 2 plants that are in the container together are bulking up real nice, and have excellent trics. Also the pistils are extra long, but otherwise bud growth/structure looks about the same.

here's a few other pics...ffs I need a better camera. :hide:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I read something about long pistils the other day. Can't remember what it was though. It's something to do with spectrum I think. S'all looking great man, keep it up.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks Mr. ninja. I saw a IC thread today about long pistils, and well...I'll just paste my response in here cuz it kinda pertains to my grows I spoze.

In my experience lighting spectrum does matter, alot. Mr. G is right, genetics obviously play a big role, and as muA said the health of the plant will make a difference too.

I have a particular strain (sensi's superskunk) I've grown it under warmwhite flouros, daylight flouros, cold cathode lights, CMH, and MH. I get different lengths of pistils in different spectrums and intensity. I think it's much more dependant on spectrum rather then intensity.

My SS has been grown under these varied spectrums and intensity, (always in the same soil with the same nutes) and I've noticed the following results.

WW cfl, 100w+ per sq. ft- about 1/2" sized pistils.
daylight cfl, 120w per sq ft- about 1/2" as well.
ccfl (red, white blue colormix) ~25w per sq ft. lonnnng pistils almost an inch. (I have nooo idea what the average spectrum of these mixed colors is/are)
CMH: 400w over 3'x3' area- slightly longer pistils, about 3/4"
MH: 400w over 3'x3' area- about 1/2 " pretty much the same as the cfl's.

You'll see that the longest hairs are on the plants with the lowest wattage, and the shortest hairs are on the plants that actually have the most lumens per sq ft.

I'm not saying that less intensity makes for longer hairs though!! I am saying that the spectrum is responsible. Just mentioning the wattage/lumens per sq ft measurement because I don't personally think that it's responsible for the differences that I'm seeing with this particular strain.

Sorry I don't have high enough quality pics to show the differences clearly, I realllly wish I did though. If you check out my grows (linked in my sig) you might be able to catch a glimpse of what I mean, but it will be pretty blurry.

edit: what spectrum cfls were you running prior to hps? hps is bout the only type of light that I haven't flowered this particular strain under. Ironicly I know tons of growers but no one is using hps! lol!
..and on a side note I fired the bubble cloner back up today. I'm just not happy with the health of my clones in soil....droopy, discolored, one already died too. I just can't afford to be losing clones at this point, maybe I'll try a perlite cloner or something in the future.

damned noisy air pump! I need to insulate that lil mofo or something.

edit: thanks for stopping by SadSmiley!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Nice setup stealthdragon, bud action with ccfl's awesome work, will be on the couch watching this one.

Peace.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Thanks alot bOOm. there's a lot of side projects I'm working on as well, maybe I'll snap a pic tonite to show what I do on a slightly larger scale.

I built my first colloidial silver generator! A 9v battery, 2 sterling silver earring backers (99.5% silver) some speaker wire and some water in a jar.

Is anyone else obsessed with making seeds? I feel the need to crisscross every strain/pollen I can get my hands on, and keep even the crappy seeds from bagseed strains that I grow/make. I'm starting to get my hands on some higher end strains and I plan to do alot of seed producing in the following months. I'm guessing by the end of the year I'll have like 100 different strains of seed stock. I don't have any big plans for them or anything, I just want them for my personal collection. I'm all about preserving genetics, does that make me a hypocrite since I cross everything I can get my hands on? lol. I even saved some selfed crosses of some bagseed that I grew, the bud was low quality but it had no smell not in veg, flower, cure and even smoking it barely had a taste. If anything it had a sort of green plant matter smell in the end, but didn't smell like MJ. I felt stupid at the time for saving the seeds from it, but now I'm glad that I did. I plan on doing some work with autoflowers in the future and I might pop a couple of those "scentless" phenos to try to make a scentless auto.

and, Yeh I know how much work breeding is, I don't think of making seeds as "breeding" Breeding would be growing out 50-100 seeds and selecting/backcrossing to stabilize the traits. my goal for the future is a scentless auto, and try my best to work in some weird leaf trait like ducksfoot or a leaf mutation so the end product is a MJ plant that doesn't look or smell like MJ. pipe dreams though....we'll see what the future holds for me huh?

-SD, your local neighborhood pollen chucker
p.s. wtf is up with that I before E except after C rule...seriously why have a rule that doesn't hold true?
weird neighbors have seizures.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
lol that i/e stuff always gets me. I screw it up a lot. Your and You're is what really annoys me though. So many times you see a flame war and someone will say "oh yeah well you spelt such-and-such word wrong so it looks like YOUR the retard!" and think they just own'd someone. :facepalm:

Ever consider an aero cloner? The way I understand it they just spray water, and water pumps are basically silent compared to air pumps.

Personally I would like to aim for only female genetics. When you consider that we don't smoke the males, then what is the point of a male? They can only serve to throw a spanner in the works so you end up with something different to what you were aiming for. Just my opinion of course - it's not like any of my breeding attempts has been succesful thus far, lol.

Good luck with the CS bro.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
I haven't really given any thought to switching to aero instead...I haven't run a water pump in years and I assumed it would be just as loud as the airpump...I have a super small waterpump that I'll check out though. If that's any quieter I'll switch for sure..I'd way rather run a tiny aero cloner than bubbler. Hopefully it's small enough that I can run it 24/7 without it heating up my tiny rez, we'll see.

Yeh I hear ya on the female genetics, yet having access to only female genmetics would probably piss me off in the future. I suppose I could just do everything feminized but I dunno, some part of me want to collect everything!

LOL when I made the CS, don't laugh too much but I didn't have distilled water. So I'm thinking "hmm, I'll just boil some water...that will purify it right?" -lol no. for those that don't know, boiling water would be like the opposite of distilling it. I learned that the hard way and wasted a 9v battery hahha. That water had alllll kinds of weird chunks in it and a thick black cloud in the bottom.

So I distilled some MacGyver style and made a little ghetto still on my stove with some pots of boiling water and a cookie sheet to collect the vapors or w/e. 2nd attempt looks good though and I'll start appling it asap on some skunk for some feminized mixes.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Haha damn, you're keen!! I got demineralized water from the corner store - wimmin folk put it in steam irons and such. But I think your idea will work.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hi.

The ccfl stuff never really bulked up like it looked like it was gonna. I've decided to use this box as is for mother plants for the time being. I've been busy with other projects and have more projects on the way too ( I build alot of stuff for ppl :biggrin:)
The buds look pretty airy overall...lots of trics but I'd say that's more a result of the genetics.

My perpetual is finally back on track for now.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I've been spraying 2 plants I have with the CS that I made...so we'll see what happens with that in the next week or 2.

um yep, progress. Did you find this post helpful? :tumbleweed:

Last edited:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
That red bud looks ultra yummy. So are you still finishing the ccfl ones in there or you pulled them?

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
thanks Scrub, you should smell her...mmmmm..it's gdp I got from bagseed. she's got about another week to fatten up, should be all nice and purped by then.

I'm finishing out the ccfl stuff. it's just 7 more days. At this point I'm just finishing them because I said I would. I don't expect them to fatten up any more, they haven't really progressed at all in the past week, just more trics. You can pretty much see through the buds at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.