What's new

stealth sealed room for own consume

unnamedmike

The mini project of a cheap ph meter, wireless and trustworthy is already working :dance013: Way better than any other cheap ph meter i ever had, and its capable of communicate with the main controller. Time to clean and tune my old printer, and time to desing a good case.

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Awww! How much would you say is in parts?

BTW, speaking of SILs, this one was vegged and flowered right under under the "fruit box" 200W SILs one:

picture.php

Compared to COBs, allow for closer canopy distances.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loving that ph unit interesting and also loving repuks ladies nice work guys :tiphat:

unnamedmike

I'm tuning in for the show
Welcome blazeoneup, im pulling up a chair for you :tiphat:

Awww! How much would you say is in parts?
BTW, speaking of SILs, this one was vegged and flowered right under under the "fruit box" 200W SILs one:
View Image
Compared to COBs, allow for closer canopy distances.
waaa ...
woohoo.gif
What kind of sorcery is that, sir ? Im getting ready all the stuff involved, but you totally convinced me. 16 seedsman cheese. My lamp for a 1m2 going to be 10 *12w cool white screw bulbs and 4 *30w 3000k cob + the residual light from the 600w cree cobs.

And now really... what kind of sorcery is that, sir ? xD very very impressive plants. Im in love with your gt*panama too, may be my next purchase.

ph sensor ph-4502 25 usd
arduino 2 usd
screen lcd 16x2 2 usd
xbee 30 usd
temp sensor ds18b20
pcb 1 usd
buttom, potentiometer, wire, ect. 1 usd +-
dc dc voltaje regulator 1usd
18650 charger / discharge protection tp4056 1 usd

For sure you can get all this for cheaper price there in spain

Loving that ph unit interesting and also loving repuks ladies nice work guys

Thanks for your kind words Darksider, i'm happy to see you around friend :tiphat:

Hi Mike!

I have been wondering for a long time. How much light can you have in Spain without rising suspicions?

I was told you will never get in trouble for less than 5000W of lights. Would you agree with that? I hope I'm not putting you in an ackward situation by asking or something, I'm just curious.

Also, those fermenters look pretty simple! Do you have a link to a tutorial or something? What's that thingy they have on top?

BTW great thread, I'm subbing :)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
And now really... what kind of sorcery is that, sir ? xD very very impressive plants. Im in love with your gt*panama too, may be my next purchase.

hahah thanks! :tiphat:

I think the mixed spectrum of the SIL hoods I DIYed (mixing cool & warm) has something to do with the foxtailing, definitely seems to induce it, tropical sats seems to thrive under them.

picture.php

picture.php

If you look at the GTxP pic (mmmm I think a wake n bake is comiiing!), a couple Reddish/Pink Red Sapphire buds can be seen at the bottom center not finished yet, she was under the HML, and the buds that were hit by the light on SILs side were the most consistently foxtailed (two lower ones centered on the pot) into the lovely Red Sapphire signature Crown-shaped buds :

picture.php

Hahah no sorcery my brother, coco + RO + salts like you :laughing: give 'em some love and consistent optimal environment and superb genetics will do the rest.

unnamedmike

Hi Mike!
I have been wondering for a long time. How much light can you have in Spain without rising suspicions?
I was told you will never get in trouble for less than 5000W of lights. Would you agree with that? I hope I'm not putting you in an ackward situation by asking or something, I'm just curious.
Also, those fermenters look pretty simple! Do you have a link to a tutorial or something? What's that thingy they have on top?
BTW great thread, I'm subbing

Hi TheGrandmaGrows :tiphat:
Im spanish but ive been living in mexico for years, i dont know if there is a limit now in spain. When i was living there, people use to hack the meter in most of business grow ops...
About my fermenters is not necessary a tutorial, just a little "how to":
First, i boil 6l of tap water with 4kg unrefined table sugar. Stop the flame when the water fully boil, wait 5 minutes for cooling. I pour the sugar water in a 20l plastic bottle and fill with more tap water until the 85%. Wait some hours while the mix is at ambient temp. The last step is pour slowly two soup spoons full of dry yeast over the water, i like to do a floating yeast "island" im pretty sure in this way the yeast colonize the water quicker.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
TheGrandmaGrows, here in Spain we're not usually air-scanned looking for grow-op thermal prints.

But, as unnamedmike said, and specially in some employment-lacking areas (Granada) things went wild, full ware-houses setup, hacked meters, powergrid being stolen... that's the first thing tracked to get to these ops.

Not talking about a handful, there are hundreds causing blackouts, etc... so they're the main targets not only for the police, but the electrical company.

For someone at home, paying the bill, it will be reaaally odd that they come after you. To be able to draw more than 3,5kW you need a contract that makes the bill like 30% more expensive, so most people (60%?) don't have >3.5Kw contracts unless have a ton of electric appliances, which isn't that rare anyways (electrical stove, water heater, washing machine, dryer, AC...).

Here for own consumption, as long as

- Plants cannot bee seen by the public
- Plants doesn't cause neighbors, etc to complain (smell)
- No people movement at your place
- Sane number of plants

It is rare to be disturbed due to being growing.

In fact last year I spotted two policemen peeking inside my rented property backyard from outside (guess they smelled).

Zero issues... and in fact if they would have ring my door, I could open it with a big fat doobie in my mouth and they could have done nothing, unless they proved I am trading which is... impossible because I haven't ever.

So... it depends :biggrin:

Thanks for the responses!

That's what I figured. I always grew without worries when I was living in Spain, but also wondered where is the ceiling to growing without hacking the meter. My dealer once offered me to go live in a country house with tapped electricity and 30K lights saying all I had to do was water the plants and then get a few kilos and a few Ks for myself hahaha I understand why someone would do that but I can't picture myself in any similar situation, I have a 170W grow and it's already too much stress for my taste... (not in Spain anymore so this would be a problem anyway if I'm caught).

And thanks for the tutorial unnamedmike!h

unnamedmike

Ive planned to do a watering tray suspended 35 cm above the floor, instead the current setup. But i cant go to the hardware store yet.

Im doing some research in how small can be the pots, without harm to the final harvest yield/quality, so i need to figure out how to do the watering tray and watering system without most of the parts... but im having some good results even now. May be that's work right just measuring the water quantity in every watering. I need to design watering caps for the new pots, im in love with the watering caps, they do easiest even the hand waterings.

They are 11 Bodhi's super silver hashplant under 250w SILs, first day since flipped to 12/12:
picture.php

im very happy with the current irrigation system results, easy as drop the nutrients. No clogs since i stopped using bio stuff inside the tank. Now the water filter is lasting months between cleanings. Im still using bennis but in hand watering. 11 mr nice super silver haze:
picture.php

unnamedmike

The fun part starts now nice and healthy they are let the commence

Looking good!

Thanks friends :shooty:
Sadly the super silver hazes are dazed and confused ... :biglaugh: Had a problem with the growing timer (a mechanical yet ...) and they are re-vegging, some are growing again, but others are doing weird things. Pretty sure im gonna be forced to take clones, cull the plants and put another ones instead. Thats gonna be 1+- month of lights down (the big one, not the SILs), i dont have plants ready yet. Time to do fixes.

unnamedmike

ive been unenthusiastic since i been forced to cull down all the hermaphroditic shitman seeds plants with 2 weeks in to flowering... Lots of effort and wasted money... But now is time to move myself again so there we go !
While im searching for a trustworthy worldwide seed seller, im doing some crosses and my room needs now are a bit different from last months.
First i need to figure out how to successfully clone my plants. I'm around 60% success now. My enemy's are heat and a very rich local micro organisms population. That do the 40% of my clones become slimy mucus in a week.
I added a 24h On 12w led light to the aerocloner. In the past i had great success cloning with a CFL 24h on.
Now i can change the water easily thanks to a pair of holes. Im going to add a peltier based, water cooler, and put all the aerocloner setup inside a enclosure.
And when finally that work, automate the water change and monitor parameters with an arduino. Real life ugly sketch:
picture.php

clones everywhere, im looking where they root better
picture.php

This old 3d printer is one of the essential tools in my collection, and like everything in this home, is becoming rusty, so .. time to tune up. I need her ready to print more watering caps as soon as possible.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Run the cloner for a day or so empty with bleach to water at 1:5. Then rinse it real well and put 5-10 drops bleach in your clone mix.

unnamedmike

Are you getting root slime? Are you using tea?
Hi Fixer ! Not sure if i can call that root slime, there is no roots yet. In the aerocloner the cuttings start dying at 10 days +- despite the water changes every 2 days, and the daily 1 ml/l of 35% h2o2. Not tea or any kind of bennis added in the cloning process. Just the surrounding jungle sharing her life.

Run the cloner for a day or so empty with bleach to water at 1:5. Then rinse it real well and put 5-10 drops bleach in your clone mix.
Thanks Its My Choice :good: i'll gonna give a try to the bleach. Gonna relocate the aerocloner cuttings, to be ready and start today adding bleach.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Another thing to consider is boiling the water you are going to add or buying distilled Water if you have poor water quality out of the tap. Ph is another key in the aerocloner. I try to make it between 5.5-6 and check and adjust everyday.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ouch unnamedmike, what a bummer! But I'm sure you'll be back in no time!

unnamedmike said:
Now i can change the water easily thanks to a pair of holes. Im going to add a peltier based, water cooler, and put all the aerocloner setup inside a enclosure.
And when finally that work, automate the water change and monitor parameters with an arduino. Real life ugly sketch:

Haven't you thought on repurposing a small fridge for this? Insulation comes stock, and you could possibly repurpose the AC part to suit better...

I had to stop growing in a rented house once, as anything I'd sow, or try to clone, died days after... apparently there are fungus that can "plug" seedlings or cuts, stopping all sap flow.

Heat has arrived here, clone tent yesterday was 33C. Wary to move the tent to a basement... was used as a wine cellar, it still reeks to it, never saw as many diferent yeasts and molds grow on anything that had an organic trail on it.

Do you use h2O2 for your cuts feed? Maybe that will help?

Latest posts

Latest posts