What's new

Stealth Rubbermaid Growbox (Micro)

C

Cozy Amnesia

Hey man I really like your rubbermaid setup - one of, if not the, stealthiest rubbermaid I've seen. If you can keep the noise down and light from leaking out, one of the few disadvantages about rubbermaids, then it would be copletely inconspicous.

search for a method called wick watering. it works great and is cheap too.

Um, I'd stay away from wicks for even a temperary alternative to watering. Why? Because this is what can happen:

Notice the wicks going from the bucket to the coco? I thought coco would be able to wick up the water but I guess not. The wicks where surrounded by a poly tube so they wouldn't dry out.

I love the spacing, very compact. Nice gals bro.:joint:

Thanks I am going for a more compact grow. Going to be doing some LST on Mary, Jane and Victoria at least but most likely on all 5 of em. The two babies are being raised to give to another fellow grower who is just starting up...he helped me when I needed it so I am returning the favor....but he doesn't know it yet lol:yoinks: I love how the girls are growing short and fat...what I'm looking for since it's a small area. Thanks again for checkin it out

~stealth

Hey man I really like your rubbermaid setup - one of, if not the, stealthiest rubbermaid I've seen. If you can keep the noise down and light from leaking out, one of the few disadvantages about rubbermaids, then it would be copletely inconspicous.

Um, I'd stay away from wicks for even a temperary alternative to watering. Why? Because this is what can happen:

Notice the wicks going from the bucket to the coco? I thought coco would be able to wick up the water but I guess not. The wicks where surrounded by a poly tube so they wouldn't dry out.

Thanks for the comment...I ended not using the wick system and I wasn't gone long enough for the girls to complain about not having enough water lol. To deal with light leak I spray painted the inside black (several coats) and then lined the walls with mylar. It seems to work just fine with a very small amount of leak but nothing a towel doesn't fix :laughing:. Noise it taken care of too becasue I stashed the box right next to a Refrigerator that seems to make enough noise on its own to cover up the boxes. No one has any idea anout the box...like none and it's in plain sight.

But it's blue who I got the idea from...awasome awesome idea....working great so far...not even a heat issue...a steady 74 degrees when lights are on and about 70 to 68 with them off. I bring up the temp a little with a space heater I place near the passive intakes... Thanks for the comp and checkin out the grow

~stealth

Looks great :) Im glad to see somebody else is getting some use out of my design.

:respect::rasta:

Man I owe all of it to you...this design is so awesome and I can't complain one bit. Having to remove the light box to completely access the girls is a little tiring but nothing to crazy. Thanks for all the help and also for watchin the grow. There are def more to come, this is one addictive thing that I will def be able to live with. Peace and come back to check on the girls again...hopefully they'll produce some yummy nugs :woohoo:

~stealth

Max0r

Stealth:

I'm currently building a box based on blue_adept's design and I don't think I would have done it without reading this thread. I'll be following this closely and look forward to good things!

Stealth:

I'm currently building a box based on blue_adept's design and I don't think I would have done it without reading this thread. I'll be following this closely and look forward to good things!

It's the best design I came across and is working great so far. Having to take off the light box to get to the girls is something that is a draw back but not enough to take away from the entire unit. Keep watch as this is going to be a draw out show lol:yoinks: Peace for now

~stealth

Blue_adept

Thats looking great stealth :) one thing i added to mine that made life a lot easier is a small handle screwed to the top of the light box(between the growspace vents) so i can simply remove the cover from the electronics tub, and lift the big tub off by a nice little handle. I have run 2 grows through mine now, and it definitely made it easier.

Thats looking great stealth :) one thing i added to mine that made life a lot easier is a small handle screwed to the top of the light box(between the growspace vents) so i can simply remove the cover from the electronics tub, and lift the big tup off by a nice little handle. I have run 2 grows through mine now, and it definitely made it easier.

Def a good idea...I'm just using the handles that are on the tote itself...it works but is a little harder to move around. I also have two PC fans going into the box and it's all connected to the top electrical room so I jusT have to manage two extra fans swinging in the wind when I remove the box. Makes things interesting lol. I'm assuming you put some kind of system inside the box to circulate the air to get strong stems for your girls...what did you use? How many girls did you run in the box at once? I got three for sure that I am going to do (unless they turn male...knock on wood). What kind of yeirld did you get. I am not shooting for a very large amount since it's my first time lol. Thanks again

~stealth

~stealth

zappa66

wow, inspiring man. Makes me want to build a few for some buddys I have. Hell, build one for myself, looks better than what I came up with!

Blue_adept

Def a good idea...I'm just using the handles that are on the tote itself...it works but is a little harder to move around. I also have two PC fans going into the box and it's all connected to the top electrical room so I jusT have to manage two extra fans swinging in the wind when I remove the box. Makes things interesting lol. I'm assuming you put some kind of system inside the box to circulate the air to get strong stems for your girls...what did you use? How many girls did you run in the box at once? I got three for sure that I am going to do (unless they turn male...knock on wood). What kind of yeirld did you get. I am not shooting for a very large amount since it's my first time lol. Thanks again

~stealth

I ran 3 plants in separate ScrOGs, internal fans were not needed. The small amount of turbulent airflow from the light traps kept them nice and strong until they were tall enough to be weaving them into the scrog screens. Theres a few good picks of how i set up my screens in my original thread (link in my sig). I figured that total yield was ~2.5oz but a friend(who is a lot better at eyeballing amounts) swears it was 3+. I will weigh the next batch i put through the cab though so we will know.

UPDATE 2/20/09

UPDATE 2/20/09

So here is a much needed update. The girls are doing great and responding well to the LST. Baby Girl is the only one who isn't big enough to train. I am transplanting Baby Girl and Youngin into their final pots on sunday and then moving them to their new home (giving them to a friend who's been involved in this from the beginning and decided to start some girls for his first attempt). Well let me know what you think.

~stealth

Youngin

Whole Family

Mary

Jane

Baby Girl

Max0r

Lookin good, nice paperclip bondage :)
I'm FIM'ing my girls right now to try and flatten them out a little bit.

SOMETHINGS WRONG!!! i DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS MAYBE A PH ISSUE OR HEAT STRESS BUT i AM FREAKING OUT!!! AND VERY SAD jANE IS HURT AND bABY GIRL IS FEELING THE PAIN TOO. THE LEAVES ARE BROWING (BAD) AND CURLING UP AND WILTING LIKE THEY ARE DIEING. I FED THEM A LITTLE NUTES YESTERDAY BUT CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. i JUST FOUND THE ISSUE LIKE 10 MIN AGO. SO WHAT YOU GUYS THINK....PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 17
Any update? Hope you got it figured out? Very nice, well thought out, well constructed box! I'm jealous, mine is just a home deopt box with some cfl's. Awesome grow diary!

Any update? Hope you got it figured out? Very nice, well thought out, well constructed box! I'm jealous, mine is just a home deopt box with some cfl's. Awesome grow diary!

when in doubt, flush it out. sorry I can't see attachments yet.

OMG I had an entire book written in response and then the power went out suddenly....omg so lame. But I'll write it again lol

Ultrastealthgro: I did an update recently and want the girls to recover from their mishap before I snap some pics. Jane now looks like a twig with all the hurt leaves removed. Practically all her older fan leaves had to be removed due to the leaf rot :puppydoge. Thanks for the comps of the box. It took a little bit of time putting together but it has worked out very nicely since I finished. The wiring took the longest amount of time lol. I will post another full update with new pics of all the girls in a few days...just need some recovery time lol.

MAX: yes your def right there. I flush as much as I though was necessary for Jane and transplanted Baby Girl into her final pot. Both Baby Girl and Youngin will be transported to their final home in a couple days as well.

Some bigger news (and happier lol): NEW BOX CONSTRUCTED. :woohoo:I finished constructing a new box that will be a starting area for new girls and a mother room that I can stash a girl in VEG mode so I can take some clones. I will also be starting the clones in this area too. THe measurements are 2'6"L, 1'3.25"W, 3'1/2". I am running CFL in this box as well and I have a total of 8 bulbs that have a total of 114 watts. four 27 Watt, Two 30 Watt and two 23 Watt (had to save some money somewhere lol) I will post pics of this set up along with the main group of girls later in the week. THanks for all the help guys.

~stealth:joint:

jalajaslet

Hey Stealth,

SOmetimes it can be depressing when you think NO-ONE is watching your grow..I can feel ya on that issue. I have a couple of threads on the different grows I have going. I have found, for me atleasst, that when I don't get much input from outside I tend to not post as much as I should. So I wanted to let you know I am watching your thread, have added it to my subscribed threads and will be lurking here, even if I don't alway speak. So did you figure out what happened to make em all sick? was it nute burn?

I also considered building a stealth grow. There is a member on here named Lifeless. He did an awesome grow with Two rubbermaid containers. I could be mistaken, but I believe he was the original creator of the rubbermaid ideas. His is really great. The difference is that his are one upside down on the other, giving more room in the center of the box for growth. You might want to check his thread out. Always a lot of good information on here.... I love this place...

jalajaslet

Heyy Stealth,
See if you can access this thread

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=51381&highlight=lifeless

This grow of his was originally started in Feb of 2007....

If you can't access the thread from above go to search and do a search for lifeless. the one I am speaking of is in the microgrows section started on 2-25-07 and titled My Box Setup....Maybe you can get some additional ideas and advice from this thread....

Good luck and I will be watching.....