What's new

stealth grow - big screen projection t.v.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is my first grow, so i thought i start a diary.
ive had this broken big screen tv in my closet for like 3 years now... i finally figured something to do w it. its semi broken, plus projection tvs are obsolete... i hollowed it out, taking the projectors and circuit boards out.
Dimensions: L3'4" x W1'8" x H4'1"
-fully enclosed, lets slim to no light out.
-removable, mirrored back.
-calculated center, and drilled through.
-fully hollowed out the bottom of the t.v.
-painted the black interior white for better light reflection. and no hot spot issues.
-the center is 17" deeper then the black sides. the black sides are 7.5" wide, im converting those spaces into a seedling section.** new idea
-New to the tv. recently recruited. Bill - head of department: Home Grown Security
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

PiffGuru

I like the idea... I saw another person doin a grow in a really old school tv.. what kinda exhaust fan are u gonna b using?

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have one computer fan at the moment, i gotta upgrade the lights and fans. im saving up for that now.

PiffGuru

Well you will learn as you go... when I built my clone box I used just 4 24W cfl's and with no exhaust fan the heat builds up with any bulb.. I just put a 120mm computer fan(160Cfm) to suck that heat out and now the temp stays great.. GL wit ur grow... ask any question u can think of.. Im sure someone will have the answer

Coolest original stealth ever, what kinda seeds are u growing? Can we get a pic of the tv with the lights on and see what it looks like a few feet away? ~vince

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is my first grow, so i started w bag seeds, i got a mix pack of fems on the way from ch9. i just want to make sure i get it right before i spend money on the seeds.
-=-
the first pic is taken with no flash to show how much light penetrates the enclosure.
picture.php

-=-

picture.php

ddrew

Veteran
Nice!
Little Heavy duty foil tape should kill those leaks easy.

Good job on hiring a security gnome, they look harmless, but they are deadly.

Smooth! Thanks for the new pic, its even more stealth then I thought prior to pics. I'm checking this gnarly post daily thanks for the cool thread you made!! ~Vince

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea, the screen is still there. in my newer pics its painted white like the rest of the interior. it used to let out too much light. its completely gutted, projectors, circuit boards. but it is mainly just the case.
the center dips down 1'6" in the middle where all the plants are.
im still upgradeing it. the black topped insides that dont drop down are gona be converted into a seedling section, so when i turn to 12/12 on the plants i can keep the seedlings going.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Picture update.

about a month old. the smaller cups w seedlings are going into the new section once i build it. it will b easy to make and i have some time before i go to 12/12. as long as i do it before then, ill b all set.

mixed fem pack comes at the end of the week!!!

-=-

picture.php

krazycure

You are off to a GREAT start. Let me know if you have any questions since we're doing basically the same thing.. Biggest thing, remember the golden rule of airflow: have 4x as much intake area as you do exhaust. So if you have one 4" exhaust hole, you should have four 4" intake holes for proper ventilation. K+ I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
That is officially DAMN cool!

Personally, I'd start with 2X exhaust and see how she goes.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the tips guys.
i just added another fan, its half the size of the intake fan. the bottom of the t.v. has an open front and the back has a metal plate but theres holes drillled in it, so the t.v. (when it was a t.v.) wouldnt heat up.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the two plants in dixie cups got transplanted into grow bags. i used fox farm ocean forest w about a 30% perlite mix, mixed alittle coco in there too. :)
ill have pictures tomorrow. ill b setting up the seedling section and switching the main cab to 12/12.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got an update for ya.
i added a 2 foot t5 light w two bulbs. they are over the seedlings
and im starting the ch9's
-=- ch9
picture.php

-=-
picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
another update. i replaced the fan with a bigger one.
i planted all my ch9 fems. they came in a mixed 10 pack. they are one week old.
tryed to clone 4 c99's. 3 didnt take because they were cloned late and the plants were killed. heres the picture of the survivor. (planted in coco)
-=-
picture.php

-=-
picture.php

-=-

Latest posts

Latest posts