What's new

Stealth cfl micro prepetual

RexDark

First Post ever

Well after reviewing tons of material everywhere on the web I decided to grow my own medicinal, I plan on doing a perpetual grow with 18-24 plants in 2 1x1 speaker boxes that are 4 feet high. I plan on having one that is single chambered, but the other will have 2 sections one for mother plants and rooting clones and the other 2 for flowering plants.
Using a soil blend with:
1/4 cu ft perlite
3/4 cu ft soil ( Miracle Grow potting soil .21-.07-.14)
1 tbs blood meal per cu ft
2 tbs bone meal per cu ft
Potted in either red disposable cups or 20oz coke bottles
Liquid seaweed is going to be everyday fertilizer in low doses and I have yet to decide on a watering firt (suggestions)
I plan on using either 30 or 42 cfls in my grow chamber
The strains are
1 G13 Feminized Ice
1 Hawaiian (unknown other than it has the sweetest taste of any dro I've ever had)
1 White Widow
1 Medicine Man
1 Unknown purple
1 Unknown Cali dro

Making the Cab/Box tomorrow today the Hawaiian and Unknown purple popped out of the soil, the ice and Cali just germinated and are being planted, pics will be up tomorrow or Sunday.
Any tips, tricks or advice are welcome

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Is the miracle grow organic? Have you considered going organic? I'm just learning about that stuff now and it's pretty amazing (there's an organic soil forum here too). I don't know enough to advise you but have you considered adding dolomite? It seems like a common thing to add for cannabis - calcium, magnesium, and locks your ph to "just right". Good luck with it and welcome to ic :yes:

RexDark

I don't think it is organic miracle grow ( its the 3 month potting soil with the yellow bag), and I have considered adding dolomite but havn't found any yet at the local home depo or lowes. I plan on going full organic I pulled the blood meal and bone meal from the forum on here, was already using them for some pretty impressive okra plants. I plan on going full organic once I get to the taking of clones and starting flowering them. Thanks for the welcome and the pointers

grow1620

i saw lime at lowes the other day, it was pelletized..but better then nothing i guess....it was in a little bag by the bags of bone/blood meal.

personally i'd switch the MG organic with some ewc and peat.

RexDark

That sounds like a tight squeeze.
Ya I figured that I have 4 very well trimmed mothers in one chamber, with a chamber above that for the first section of the prepetual each of these will be 1ftx1ft at 2ft high and the other at 1ftx1ft and 4ft high I figure 8 per 1sq ft SOG style. If ya'll think it would be better to decrease the amount to something a bit better I'm open to segestions, currently building the stealth micro cab, but I have quite a few that are in my closet that just popped the top of the soil last night. And thanks for the seggestion I'm going to lowes to take a look tonight. As soon as the cabs up I'll get some shots of it, sorry bout the quality looking for a camera right now. Time to burn for a late 420:joint:
Purple

The Hawaiian

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
8 per square foot is kinda pushing it in soil. I recommend doing 4 at the most. For best results though you might want to go with one plant. There won't be enough root space for in a 1x1 area for 8 plants in soil to really yield that much. Flowering plants need a lot of root space, the more the better. Have you considered possibly doing a Deep Water Culture(DWC) bucket? It is a form of hydro but there will be a lot more room for roots to grow. You could do 8 plants in 1 DWC bucket and yield pretty decent results. :joint:

RexDark

Deep water culture, you mean like using a bubbler? I"ve used one for strawberries before and pumkin, worked rather well.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Yes! :D An air stone in a container of water. you can cut holes in the top and use net pots and any inert medium and use liquid organic nutrients in the water. There will be plenty of root space. you can also get a taller container to get the plants closer to the light. You may lose a little height but it will make up for it in yield. :joint:

RexDark

One problem trying to design this system to be totally quiet, I think some insulated foam may make it soundless and I am quite familar with the bubbler it is very tempting. As soon as its set up I'll let you know, Ill try a trail run with the bubbler.

RexDark

Do you thin I should still go with cfls or do like a mix cfls in the first one and hps and cfl in the second final area?

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
If you can cool it go with the hps and the cfls. The more light the better. Just need to watch out got high temps. If you are concerned about sound, use a rubber mat under the air pump and bucket and it will absorb most of the sound vibrations. Let us know what you decide to do mate. :)

RexDark

If you are concerned about sound, use a rubber mat under the air pump and bucket and it will absorb most of the sound vibrations. :)
Never thought of the rubber mat, its def worth the try I'd like to do a nice organic hydro. I decided to do the organic soil because it was cheaper to do in the here and now, but since I had to put it off for a bit Im def refing the plan and trying to narrow what may get me the best long term yeild.