What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Station Z- Rogue Vally 2016

Obsidian

Veteran
so busy, business booming, almost no time for outdoor activities, finding thise moments here and there.
Building turkey enclosures for the Bourbon reds we got from friends in Shasta, CA. My wife says I won't be able to butcher them, due to my being so friendly to them. Pretty cool birds for sure they follow me around, stay about 10' from me all the time I'm outside. They literally come running and flying to me when I get home. No worries, I've bled birds and animals before, just hang'em upside down nick'em and dress them out. Tasty Tasty. Turkey Turkey.

Plants are going in this week, I've been busy setting up my apiary, the Bee hives will be in the Cannabis Garden, I have 4 hives set up in there now, i'll have another 6 in a day. It's blackberry flow now, blossoms are busting open everywhere. Those are pine bough's in front of the beehives entrances, this allows the bees to reorientate themselves to this new location after being moved from my Apiary in N. Cali

Going to experiment with Bees and Cannabis this season. That's about 170'000 bees in the 4 hives. with the 10 hives I will have there will be about 350,000 - 500,000 + bees. Once all is set up I'll do the bee math and start work. Looking at about 1000lbs in honey this season. If it's Cannabis enhanced this is going to be interesting. Even if it's not, just being in the Cannabis garden the honey will go to Market as Cannabis friendly.

picture.php

Last edited:

Jason Voorhees

Awesome thread Obsidian, great work...you sure do stay busy. Nice variety of projects going on, will be following along. Still on my list of things to do is to make it out to OR, looks like a beautiful place to live.

Bud Jones

@Norcal
We can have 16 tree's 12 OMMP and 4 Recreatinal, right now I have 3 different Amazonian Sativa Pheno, 2 Girl Scout Cookies, a pure Thai from 1976, and a Royal Purple Kush.

I'm starting some BOG SSK, and pondering the rest right now.

@bigdank
Thanks Bro, always impressed with your work, actually follow your threads.

@bakebeans
well, been growing since 1974, but growing indoors since 92
have over 10yrs of guerilla grows in the AZ deserts and mountains.
and pride myself and what i have done over the years.
Hopefully I can do well with what I have to work with.

this is really my 1st serious outdoor grow.

Yeah, wish could grow out of the yard with all this land, but Oregon laws and my Wife say otherwise.
Gotta have it locked and not accessible to kids and people.

My biggest worries is the summer heat making that a oven, it really echo's inside this enclosure.

@krood
Thanks!
Cool you're running the Bog SSK.. Me too . First time for me with that strain . Good luck my friend .. Keep it green ..

LostTribe

Premium user
so busy, business booming, almost no time for outdoor activities, finding thise moments here and there.
Building turkey enclosures for the Bourbon reds we got from friends in Shasta, CA. My wife says I won't be able to butcher them, due to my being so friendly to them. Pretty cool birds for sure they follow me around, stay about 10' from me all the time I'm outside. They literally come running and flying to me when I get home. No worries, I've bled birds and animals before, just hang'em upside down nick'em and dress them out. Tasty Tasty. Turkey Turkey.

Plants are going in this week, I've been busy setting up my apiary, the Bee hives will be in the Cannabis Garden, I have 4 hives set up in there now, i'll have another 6 in a day. It's blackberry flow now, blossoms are busting open everywhere. Those are pine bough's in front of the beehives entrances, this allows the bees to reorientate themselves to this new location after being moved from my Apiary in N. Cali

Going to experiment with Bees and Cannabis this season. That's about 170'000 bees in the 4 hives. with the 10 hives I will have there will be about 350,000 - 500,000 + bees. Once all is set up I'll do the bee math and start work. Looking at about 1000lbs in honey this season. If it's Cannabis enhanced this is going to be interesting. Even if it's not, just being in the Cannabis garden the honey will go to Market as Cannabis friendly.

View Image

Now thats what I call Getting Mid Evil On That Ass! Do you plan to wear a bee keeper suit in the jardin?

Great Idea though!!!!

Obsidian

Veteran
yes sir, all the time. the mutt bees I have are extremely docile, but these russians are serious, a bit more protective, especially now, since it's nectar flow time.

EastFortRock

I live a few miles from you. I have a bunch of Spanish lavender with thousands of bees on them. Maybe they are your bees coming over for a visit? Anyone that wants bees should plant a bunch of Spanish lavender, they are drought resistant too.

Obsidian

Veteran
Lavender makes great honey. Commands a higher price than your normal store shelf honey.
My neighbor down the way has a Lavender field, ex police chief from Los Angeles CA...grrrr.
I passionately hate all cops, they are a fucking waste of human flesh. dude has a mansion here,
that he probably bought with his theft of evidence funds and payoffs...all Cops are Evil, all of them. FTP!!!
personally I don't like Lavender's scent, but it grows wild all over Southern Oregon.

yocs

I'd be scared the bees would stick to your buds and die. Unless your flowering male plants that they could collect pollen from. I know other bugs get stuck to nugs lol like me rhyme? With as many bees as you have it prolly wont effect the hive just thought id put it out there.

EastFortRock

I'm not the ex-cop and don't know him. I will say that if the war on some drugs never happened, the police would have a better reputation with the general public. ( side note-Lavender smells like flowers mixed with terpinetine to me.)

Last edited:

Obsidian

Veteran
picture.php

final roll call:

Strawberry Cough x Magic Merlin
Amazon
Sour Strawberry Kush
Tangerine
Sour Diesel x Magic Merlin
GG4
GSC
Bubba's Gift
Sour bubble x Sour Strawberry Kush
Sour Diesel x Death Star

Switched hives out for 4 stronger colonies, and set those other 4 back deeper on the property closer to the blackberries.

picture.php

DAT

Very Very Nice!
The bee are very scary!!! I hope you dont get attacked. Did you hear about the couple in Arizona last week that got attacked by the bee's? The man died.
So are those nice wooden cabinets for the bee's? What are the bee's going to do for the cannabis plants?
Good Luck!

yocs

I doubt his bees 🐝 are Africanized, so not very aggressive. But they really dont benefit cannabis. A vital part of most other flowers though.

Obsidian

Veteran
Africanized Bees are not up this far North. To cold.
Bee's do not attack for no reason, so always safe. In fact Bee's are extremely friendly, just very curious about you/me. Bees will immediately defend themselves if you swat at them, just ignore them, or push them away not swing your hand or panic.

Bee's handle sticky situations very well, ever get bee propolis on your fingers, stuff's worse than your sticky dabs. No worries about the bees getting stuck on the nugs. I'm betting they will gather the oils for making proplolis, I'm placing propolis screens in the hives in August after flowering starts.

Sometimes they just like to dive bomb for no reason I can figure except that one's just a pissy little girl.

Harvesting Blackberry Honey on the 4th July should have about +-120lbs of yummy Bee Barf.