What's new

Startup in Colorado?

Space Case

Veteran
West boulder county in the hills absolutely rocks for mj!

Yea, good luck finding a house though!

I think it's too early to really say what Cnty is or is not 'friendly'.

And of course that too can change with the election of a new Sheriff or a new Prosecutor. Truth be known, we don't even know what the final 'structure' will be for 'retail' distribution,,,, or it will Ever exist.

If the Federal 'controlled substance' status is changed,,,we'd be good.

This is somewhat true, but we aren't shooting in the dark here. Take a look at the last few years. Take a look at previous records of tolerance to MMJ by arrests, moratoriums, bans, etc. in different cities and counties. Hell, just go to some of these places and feel the vibe out.

It's obvious that places like Weld and El Paso Counties, and cities like Aurora and Broomfield, will be on the conservative and less tolerant list of places. And places like Boulder, Breckenridge, Nederland, and other incorporated towns in the high country will most likely be more liberal and accepting. Now if you are fresh out the meat grinder and into the mountains, haven't spent much time around vibing and getting to know your new surroundings, I could see this as confusing....:ying:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Which Colorado county is the most marijuana friendly?Im talking for home grow ops,not mmc's or buisnesses.

I only know about Park County.

No visits for calls on "suspected growing"

No busts for being over plant numbers (have known the sheriffs dpt to see paperwork for 6 plants and ignore the 35 behind the person showing the paperwork) unless you're waaaaaaaay over the line and even then I'm pretty sure they'd just tip off the feds. They won't get involved with plant/equipment confiscation, especially when it's 'patient' related. They've been burned bad in the past over really dumb moves on their part.

Not a lot of quality growers that I've run into, in the last almost 3 years. The dispensary quality is shite and most of the local stuff is not properly flushed and usually coated with an oil or a neem based product. Pretty dang bad.

It gets down to -50F at least twice a year here... You won't shovel much snow though as it's super dry and tends to blow away in the first couple days after it falls. :)

3 month outdoor growing season... still looking for a nice yielding indica that flowers in 22/2 lighting so I can take advantage of the altitude and sun here. :)

Lots of good places in colorado though... and at least around here the folks are already warming up to the idea of cannabis. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles: