What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Starting a new build from the ground up

packerfan79

Veteran
Update 2 first wall built and plumb

picture.php

packerfan79

Veteran
Update got walls and most of a roof, ran short on plywood. A quick home Depot run in the morning and back to business.

B4URTIME

Thanks for sharing the build out with us, I enjoy watching a grow room come together from the start of the build through to finished product at the end.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahah, well thats your first prob right there
you got everythign turnt up side down!

this is looking great!!

/and be sure to match the paint to that existing building
im kind of partial to that hue of blue!

packerfan79

Veteran
Pop rocks, I was going to go with brown it should blend right in to the desert dirt lol. I will give your input to the design expert. Lol

packerfan79

Veteran
No real change since the last update. The wife is on the rampage, so I have been working longer hours at my regular job. Or more accurately at the bar after work.lol.oh the Packers are playing better watch it at the bar. Lol. We are going to finish it up Sunday.at least the structure and paint. I won't put plants in it till October. I have to get the stadium shelves in and figure out the drainage. Run power and water , also need insulation drywall paint, reflectics lots of work. I am so excited.

packerfan79

Veteran
No real change since the last update. The wife is on the rampage, so I have been working longer hours at my regular job. Or more accurately at the bar after work.lol.oh the Packers are playing better watch it at the bar. Lol. We are going to finish it up Sunday.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
maybe add some space to the build and put in a kegerator and a small tv
depending on how hot the mrs gets, maybe consider a hamock or small cot as well

cant wait for football to start!

packerfan79

Veteran
I will have a 5x7 work / smoking area. I could throw up a 55 inch flat screen mounted on the wall. I will have to bring the TV home while the wife is not home. Kegerator, no room for a cot mabey a bean bag. Wife is good or will be in a week or so.